- - - - -

ratio of coconut oil to cannabis for cannacaps + questions ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _hello_

_hello_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

hello!,

i want to make some cannacaps (to try and send some "medicine" down to my guts), and i was thinking of using bud and the trim included in the capsule once decarbed + cooked with coco oil.

...what i am stuck on is what size capsules to go for (baring in mind i am aiming to include the plant matter), and then how much oil is neccesary (by weight) per say 10g of ground decarbed matter also.

any help regarding the above would be very much appreciated - thanks!

#2 Jimboo

Jimboo

Pretty Vacant

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7344 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

Mate coconut oil blends in with nearly any food do you really need caps ive used it in a lot of stuff from  soup to custard

http://www.uk420.com...opic=329157&hl=

#3 _hello_

_hello_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

i dont neccesarily need them, but would like it that way really - for being more accurate with doses, storage etc

...intend on making aload of them in one go, due to them apparently being such a bastard to make.

thanks!,

#4 Comrade Stoker

Comrade Stoker

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25374 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

Coconut oil is really good for you too. Try and make sure you get organic and cold pressed, I think most of it is, but I'm guessing some of the shittier stuff will be solvent extracted.

My outdoor grow (Church and Cheese)
2 x Jacky White and 1 x Grapefruit Outdoor
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

#5 Reg Lives

Reg Lives

It is possible...

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1054 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

hello!,

i want to make some cannacaps (to try and send some "medicine" down to my guts), and i was thinking of using bud and the trim included in the capsule once decarbed + cooked with coco oil.

...what i am stuck on is what size capsules to go for (baring in mind i am aiming to include the plant matter), and then how much oil is neccesary (by weight) per say 10g of ground decarbed matter also.

any help regarding the above would be very much appreciated - thanks!

I'd think twice about including plant matter in the caps. Is that really needed? You should be able to get all you need out of the plant matter during the cooking process.

seeing as you want to make caps I assume you'll want as strong a concentration in the oil as possible. I'd experiment with small batches to find that 'saturation point' where no more active ingredient will hold in the oil.

There may well be a saturation point for coconut oil to 'hold'  the medicine inside but what that is I do not know. That is something you may have to learn elsewhere or indeed for yourself through the process of trial and error.

I'd suggest that the better quality material you start with the better you'll finish with. For me making coconut oil is a way of using my LQ and MQ trim but in your shoes using something better might be a good starting point. That is if you have material to burn as it were.

Best of luck and hope you post your results for the rest of us to learn more about this fascinating subject.

Current situation - Reg does Wonder Kush
Past situation - C-99 female seeds

#6 _hello_

_hello_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

- i decided to go for 00 size capsules in the end as seen as everybody else (...on the internet) seems to be using them (?).

hopefully making them within a week or so, i just figured it might be an idea to include the bits, i think fat is absorbed in the small intestine, and we have receptors all the way through the gastrointestinal tract - down to the colon.

this picture may be 100% bullshit i don't know:

Cannabinoid-receptors-280x300.jpg

a long read here, although it's not specific to locations and may be very boring:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2219529/

...considering how small a capsule is - the coco oil probably won't stand much of a chance of getting down too far but i figured the plant matter may have a better chance of doing so and may perhaps harbour a few cannabinoids on it's merry way!.

...just speculation, but that was my logic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users