15% off Plant Magic
Photo
- - - - -

Feeling wheezy and tight chested after trimming...

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 dingo bingo

dingo bingo

Forever learning....

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1395 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

I'm hoping I'm not the only weirdo to be harmed by our favourite herb during trimming and that someone can offer some advice....

An evening a couple of nights ago was spent trimming my outdoor buds, from about 6pm-2am. During that time and more worrying for the following 48 hours I have developed a tight chest and wheezy breathing, to the extent of having trouble sleeping due to the discomfort. The same also happened when I trimmed my last indoor crop although it was worse due to the trimming taking up 3 days, I started wearing a basic dust mask after the first day but the symptoms continued.

I have asthma in the family and I believe I'm also somewhat affected when it comes to the general colds and flu's going around, they always end up causing havoc with my chest for a week or two.

Next crop I will more than likely invest in a professional dust mask or similar but I was hoping that there's some other tips or advice that people may have?

Many thanks in advance! DB :smokin:
"The greatest harm caused by cannabis, is a criminal record." Prof. David Nutt

#2 poopy

poopy

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

is it possible it was caused by the exertion of the trimming or is it deffo the weed?

#3 village green

village green

green fingered

• PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

I'm hoping I'm not the only weirdo to be harmed by our favourite herb during trimming and that someone can offer some advice....

An evening a couple of nights ago was spent trimming my outdoor buds, from about 6pm-2am. During that time and more worrying for the following 48 hours I have developed a tight chest and wheezy breathing, to the extent of having trouble sleeping due to the discomfort. The same also happened when I trimmed my last indoor crop although it was worse due to the trimming taking up 3 days, I started wearing a basic dust mask after the first day but the symptoms continued.

I have asthma in the family and I believe I'm also somewhat affected when it comes to the general colds and flu's going around, they always end up causing havoc with my chest for a week or two.

Next crop I will more than likely invest in a professional dust mask or similar but I was hoping that there's some other tips or advice that people may have?

Many thanks in advance! DB :smokin:

i think it is just muscle pain from 8 hours trimming....think of the bent over position that you adopt whilst trimming!
"The splitting of the atom changed everything, save manís mode of thinking, and thus we drift toward unparalleled catastrophe." Einstein

#4 Zion

Zion

Functional Stoner

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3413 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

First Ive ever heard of it m8.

Only thing I feel after hours of trimming is sore hands & numb arse!

Hope you fell better soon as!

Zion86 :hippy:

"Happiness In life depends upon the quality of your thoughts" ....Marcus Aurelius..

#5 hydro2

hydro2

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2113 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

I get this DB as I suffer from asthma but it only affects me if like you I have been trimming to long. My first bout of advice is get your arse to the doctors/asthma nurse for a check up as asthma isn't a matter to take lightly, I had to be resuscitated a few years back do to an extreme attack & secondly is, take more breaks or set yourself a set trimming time.

Get to the Doctors. :yep:

H2
Don't look for the light at the end of the tunnel, run up there & switch the fucker on yourself.

GLP & SLH diary.

#6 Bluez

Bluez

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

I get it too mate, I'm actually alergic to some types of weed and usually trim with a mask on now. My arms come up in rashes and bumps when tending to the scrog also...

#7 sluggs2012

sluggs2012

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

A mate of mine suffers bad heart burn whilst he is chopping - I just get the zombie head feeling and a bad back!!!

#8 twigs

twigs

?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7462 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

i got that once when i used to swim lots

something to do with to much chlorine in the water

and theirs a chlorine cloud that sits about 2-4 inches above the water

so every time you take a breath your sucking in chlorine!

not nice.

plants though.? :nea:

not me..

link - Cannabis shown to reduce invasiveness of cancer - National Cancer Institute

The lethal dose ratio (LD-50) for cannabis is estimated to be around 1:20,000 to 1:40,000 which means you have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much cannabis as is contained in one cannabis joint to induce death. This means you would have to consume something like 1,500 lbs in 15 minutes to induce a lethal response. There are no known fatalities from the substance and it is considered non- toxic...

...''First they ignore you; then they mock you; then they punish you; then you win."
Mahatma Ghandi

#9 distracted

distracted

orbiting reality Mk IV

• Team UK420
  • 9717 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

try taking an anti histamine just incase you are reacting to anything, as other have said bent over compressing your chest for hours, especially if it is unusual activity might be the cause though.... post it all to me and I'll finish the job for your, least I can offer to do :wassnnme: I'll just pm you the address now....

#10 Mr Bond

Mr Bond

Licensed To Chill

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4223 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

I've had chronic bronchitis for about a year now and my chest clamps shut at even a hint of dust, skin, pollen etc but never had any probs trimming. As others have said trimming takes it out of you, back, hands, muscles, eyes, maybe it's just that what's causing you trouble? All the best with it and get well soon mate! :smokin:

E2a: as Distracted says anti-histamines are a good shout, I use them along with inhalers when my chest goes tight.

Edited by Mr Bond, 25 October 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#11 _Dr.Dank_

_Dr.Dank_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Could it be the mould spores dude? I had a similar problem this week after trimming for about 25 hours over 3-4 days , one of the most boring experiences of my life, would of been done in half the time if it wasnt for inspecting the buds and cutting the rot out.

DD

#12 SickLeaf

SickLeaf

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1313 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

I was just going to suggest exactly what Dr.Dank has suggested :stoned:

I have been trimming weed for hours and hours and hours because I have been inspecting every last bit for mold, stripping everything right down.

When you snap or trim a bit of bud with mold on, especially if its dry, you get a little cloud of mold spores fly up. I can see it under the desk lamp I have been inspecting under. It would be much harder to spot under normal light and a fair bit of the mold I have removed has not been visible without the use of a loupe. Fooked my right eye up staring through that for hours :headpain:

Hope its not, for your and your buds sake.

:smokin:

#13 _AutoPoter_

_AutoPoter_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

I get it too mate, I'm actually alergic to some types of weed and usually trim with a mask on now. My arms come up in rashes and bumps when tending to the scrog also...

Bluez,same here mate had asthma all my life (28y) bad attacks wen a kid etc etc

been smoking since i was 13 (hash was good then) then onto the weed since 14 now when i smoke flushed weed my chests fine at night not tight/short of breath etc! one bong of todays hash and bang i am in a bad way and have to double use the inhaleor!!

also have exzema/allergies all my life and the leaf points make me itch like hell and rash up etc its a weird feeling! (was when i done a scrog i noticed this too)never had a prob with trimming and short of breath for hours on end tho?

wear the masks as planned mate because as you know f@uck that for a feeling of having only a small part of your lungs working! :yinyang:

nothings ever easy eah :rofl:

AP

#14 dingo bingo

dingo bingo

Forever learning....

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1395 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

Wow what a response! Cheers for the all the contributions guys!

It's not due to physical exertion, I'm only 23 and relatively fit and healthy from a lot of cycling. I spend a lot of time working on the computer too, often hunched over in a similar position so I doubt it's that either.

distracted, good call on the anti-histamine's! Haven't received your PM though.... :unsure:

:wassnnme:

Mould spores, hmmmmmmmm. It could be! The last two crops both had considerable spores to be spread around, I'll keep it in mind whilst hoping for a mould free crop - then I'll know whether it's the spores or not.

I get this DB as I suffer from asthma but it only affects me if like you I have been trimming to long. My first bout of advice is get your arse to the doctors/asthma nurse for a check up as asthma isn't a matter to take lightly, I had to be resuscitated a few years back do to an extreme attack & secondly is, take more breaks or set yourself a set trimming time.

Get to the Doctors. :yep:

H2

I have put it off for long enough to be honest, almost out of man's stubborn and proud denial of help - but I'll get myself booked in soon! :yep:
"The greatest harm caused by cannabis, is a criminal record." Prof. David Nutt

#15 socks

socks

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

I have COPD, so use the blue asthma pump, when trimming i try an stop for 10mins every hour or so, but as been said its a un-nateral position, and we all try and go the extra mile, , but worth a check at the gp's asthma can hit at any age,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users