9 replies to this topic

#1 Rhoobarb

Rhoobarb

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hi guys,

I've read mixed things about vapes, some say they remove all of the tar and carcinogens etc and others say it removes around 80-90%. After checking out a few videos on YouTube i noticed a lot of the clear pipes and attachments become stained with a dark brown substance. Is this tar?

Im really thinking about getting one but still a bit unclear about how healthy they really are.

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers.

#2 StevieRays

StevieRays

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

The brown residue you see is just vapor build up not tar, its very strong stuff it gets you very high.

I don't think vapes remove 100% of the bad stuff (will vary depending on what temp you use) but it is certainly better for your lungs than smoke.

Edited by StevieRays, 18 March 2012 - 09:19 PM.

Just nod if you can hear me.

#3 _weedmonsta_

_weedmonsta_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

the brown stuff is resins and tars from the weed

#4 Arbuscule

Arbuscule

Ook :>

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10286 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

This isn't terribly scientific but for what it's worth, since I gave up smoking tobacco my chest feels so much better and when I chug on my newish volcano it doesn't seem to have any ill effects. No tight chest, no rasping choky cough - everything feels shiny and new (I know it's not, but I like to think of it like it is :spliff: )
'the mighty snake on which he sat began to hum fearfully at me as if it wanted to eat or swallow me' Amos Tutuola The Wild Hunter in the Bush of the Ghosts

eni, eji, eta, erin, arun

#5 McCheeseweasel

McCheeseweasel

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

This is an interesting point u raise.
vapes burn trichs this pops the bubble on the top and maybe the walls of the stem of the trichome(im not sure about that :unsure: )
when the bubble bursts the chemicals (cannaboids) inside are released and these chemicals in this state are cannabis resin oil. I would say this oil is heated by the vape and consumed as a gas and that the substance around the bottom of the tube is mixture of oil and air filtered (by breathe) hash (unpopped trichomes/resin heads).
How bad this is for your respiratory system will, im fairly sure depend entirely on the quality of the weed you are smoking.
Im not saying that in-organic nutes will cause the trichs to have a dangerous content but it may. :alien2:
What is the content of a trichome and how much of each of these chemical components are dangerous to whom in what amounts? unfortunately not something i can answer, although i will be investigating this matter further (search engine stylee) but,
If you stick to organic weed through a vapourisor then you should be fine (+ stoned). :hippy:
organic cannabis oil is used to treat diseases and health problems such as lung cancer and asthma. :yahoo:
Id say u r alot more at risk from other everyday air born dangers such as motor exhaust fumes :skull: then u would be from smoking organic weed through a good a vape in my opinion.
smile

#6 Rhoobarb

Rhoobarb

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

Cheers guys, I saw one of the vids on YouTube and this guy was scraping the resin from the whip, said it was good stuff and he did this atleast once a week. Doesn't the resin contain any tar?

#7 _vape_

_vape_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

Cheers guys, I saw one of the vids on YouTube and this guy was scraping the resin from the whip, said it was good stuff and he did this atleast once a week. Doesn't the resin contain any tar?

I let my wand build up with the resin for at least 8 weeks of everyday use
Scrap it out with a pokey and end up with a nice little piece of very soft ash
Witch I then put back Into my vape on top of some fresh bud
What a lovely treat.
Night time only.knockout, :smokin:

#8 troy

troy

Bullshit buster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

Considering that vaping is not combustion and has no chemical by products i'd be surprised if there were any carcinogens or tar. However the THC may irritate your lungs but afaik you are only inhaling the volatile oils. I''d be interested to see some research but i'm not sure if there is any. i wouldn't scrape off any stuff on the whip personally, it seems a bit desperate to me but then i'm an old git :)
Atheism is merely absence of belief.
S. Pinker
Atheists believe free will is illusory and non atheists believes death is illusory.

#9 _Nunsacred_

_Nunsacred_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

Trust your nose, I say.

If the sticky build up doesn't smell foul like tar (and it doesn't) then it's not containing the same stuff.

#10 _vape_

_vape_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

It's not tar or anything like shit that's bad for you
it's just a build up of THC all over it stuck to the sides
Its very nice to vape,very nice indeed, :smug:
Wish I had a ounce of it that's for sure, :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users