• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 singlefin70

singlefin70

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

can only visit my gals twice during flowering,ive got sulphate of potash,am gonna sprinkle a handful topdressed then again in a month,are there any other good slow release feeds i can use? i want to give them all i can to get best results of course...just wanna visit,and leave,thanks.....

#2 farmer boy

farmer boy

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7424 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

im going to give a top dressing off wood ash and M.O.P fertilizer in a week and then a top up in 5 weeks

peace out farmer boy
get a bigger hammer!

#3 Mr_cocofibrelover

Mr_cocofibrelover

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4451 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:25 PM

im going to give a top dressing off wood ash and M.O.P fertilizer in a week and then a top up in 5 weeks

peace out farmer boy

whats MOP fert Farmer?
" Hey, You in the camouflage outfit. I can see you "

#4 Indicaderek

Indicaderek

Stoned to the Bone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:50 PM

can only visit my gals twice during flowering,ive got sulphate of potash,am gonna sprinkle a handful topdressed then again in a month,are there any other good slow release feeds i can use? i want to give them all i can to get best results of course...just wanna visit,and leave,thanks.....

If there are no foxes around you could use plain/pure bonemeal, laying wire across the ground will also stop em diggin too, I mix Bonemeal 60/40 with SOP though the bonemeal takes longer to become active, I applied mine 6th july topdressed and watered with some molasses fert, also added a little fbb too for a little N, my Gfruits have started with the flowering structure so I hope the earlier application will buck em up nice :smug:

All the rain should have really got it cookin in that sandy river loam :chef:

peace out farmer boy

whats MOP fert Farmer?

Muriate of Potash Mr Coco, or Potassium Chloride (KCL) around 60% potassium, Sulphate of potash is aka potassium sulphate (K2SO4) around 40-50% potassium.

The muriate, MOP is more prone to toxic salt build up though and I prefer the SOP as it ensures there are no sulphur deficiencies yet sop will drop the ph over time with similar heavy use. :doh:
And the earth brought forth grass and herb and god saw that it was good!! Genesis 1:12

"Do not suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberty by any pretences of politeness, delicacy or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three names for hypocrisy, chicanery, and cowardice." John Adams, 1789

First outdoor grow 2009: The learning curve.
Second attempt 2010: Experience brings efficiency.

#5 singlefin70

singlefin70

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:36 PM

Cheers for the replies ,its an important time coming up,can i mix woodash with the s.o.p?or keep it as it is?and how much around the base of the plant?a handful is ok?

#6 Indicaderek

Indicaderek

Stoned to the Bone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

About 2oz or 56grammes for a small-medium size plant or per sq/yd or sq/m sprinkled/dug in sparingly as SOP is quiet a hot fert, upto double that for plants that are 5ft+ and looking hungry round early-mid flower, there should be instructions on the box. I used about 100grammes per large plant of 60/40 mixed SOP and Bonemeal but have yet to see results from this rather early topdressing, about 15% FBB was added to this to supplement a LITTLE nitrogen.

Also try and find a source of Phosphorous (the P in n-P-k) as it also helps to increase yield hence the Plain Bonemeal I use (20-40% P), you could also look for another, possibly chemical fert if you are really stuck, summat like 0-40-10 would do the trick. P-K 13/14 works a treat indoors and emulating this with organic ferts will help yield a good bit imo.

Woodash is ok too and is applied the same way by topdressing or raking/digging in and then watering after, its milder than most ferts at approx 0-1.5-7 npk depending on the source etc, it also contains many if not most trace elements.

Molasses/Black treacle could also be added to the water at one desert upto a tablespoon per gallon as well for trace elements etc along with a much lower NPK profile between 3-1-5 and 0-1-5 approx, molasses will also accelerate the breakdown of the organic-powder ferts as they need to be digested/broken down/rotted by bacteria amongst other things which the molasses will feed and encourage :wink:

Hope that helps a bit SF70 :rofl:
And the earth brought forth grass and herb and god saw that it was good!! Genesis 1:12

"Do not suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberty by any pretences of politeness, delicacy or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three names for hypocrisy, chicanery, and cowardice." John Adams, 1789

#7 singlefin70

singlefin70

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:20 AM

nice one derek,great info,....

#8 lurkalot

lurkalot

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:43 PM

About 2oz or 56grammes for a small-medium size plant or per sq/yd or sq/m sprinkled/dug in sparingly as SOP is quiet a hot fert, upto double that for plants that are 5ft+ and looking hungry round early-mid flower, there should be instructions on the box. I used about 100grammes per large plant of 60/40 mixed SOP and Bonemeal but have yet to see results from this rather early topdressing, about 15% FBB was added to this to supplement a LITTLE nitrogen.

Also try and find a source of Phosphorous (the P in n-P-k) as it also helps to increase yield hence the Plain Bonemeal I use (20-40% P), you could also look for another, possibly chemical fert if you are really stuck, summat like 0-40-10 would do the trick. P-K 13/14 works a treat indoors and emulating this with organic ferts will help yield a good bit imo.

Woodash is ok too and is applied the same way by topdressing or raking/digging in and then watering after, its milder than most ferts at approx 0-1.5-7 npk depending on the source etc, it also contains many if not most trace elements.

Molasses/Black treacle could also be added to the water at one desert upto a tablespoon per gallon as well for trace elements etc along with a much lower NPK profile between 3-1-5 and 0-1-5 approx, molasses will also accelerate the breakdown of the organic-powder ferts as they need to be digested/broken down/rotted by bacteria amongst other things which the molasses will feed and encourage :unsure:

Hope that helps a bit SF70 :)

im struggling here, its over my head, and im probably a bit thick, im a first time grower with a 5ft plant,

SOP for potassium, bonemeal for phosphorous, FBB for nitrogen

3 weeks into flower, 90 g SOP, 60 g of bonemeal, 24 g of FBB, this is a great flowering feed suitable for 1 plant ?

would this be a one off and last feed ?

apologises if it dont make sense

#9 farmer boy

farmer boy

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7424 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:47 PM

how far in flower are you fella ? the ferts you mentioned are slow releas(ish) so if your in flower allready it might be to late to use them

peace out farmer boy
get a bigger hammer!

#10 lurkalot

lurkalot

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:55 PM

how far in flower are you fella ? the ferts you mentioned are slow releas(ish) so if your in flower allready it might be to late to use them

peace out farmer boy

bout 3 weeks mate

trying to get a find a good feed for them, with as few visits as possible,, and im struggling :unsure:

#11 farmer boy

farmer boy

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7424 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

if you do use that mix give it a good watering in

peace out farmer boy
get a bigger hammer!

#12 lurkalot

lurkalot

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:02 PM

thanx for the advice mate

appreciate it

#13 lurkalot

lurkalot

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:23 AM

all weighed up and mixed into 15 litres

this ok ?

dont wanna mess up at his stage

just checking :man:

#14 Indicaderek

Indicaderek

Stoned to the Bone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:29 AM

Sry to cause you confusion Lurkalot, your total of 174grammes would be enough to feed 2-3 plants and you would have been better to apply the water after sprinkling a dry top dressing of the ferts as its very difficult to get the powders to disperse evenly with a liquid suspension like you have made. It should last until the end of flowering nicely though :ouch:

Most of the bonemeal content won't dissolve and I'm guessing you have some rather 'gritty' water with odd bits floating and sinking, it wont cause any real problems other than making it difficult to disperse the ferts evenly so you will ave to shake the water bottle a good bit before pouring it on the soil :man:

Would have been better applied early-mid August too though I doubt it will cause any issues, my sop and bonemeal went in around July iirc and my plants seem real nice and green, very few yellowing leaves last week :yep:

E2a: I use a 1-2litre milk carton to spread my powder ferts just like sprinkling salt :yes:

Edited by Indicaderek, 21 September 2010 - 11:31 AM.

#15 lurkalot

lurkalot

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:44 AM

thanx for your input Derek

i have loadsa SOP and FBB, and can easy replace what i have with whatever you suggest, first grow, last feed, i want to get it right,

i will share a calculated mix of 348g between the 5 plants and water in accordingly

sound good ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users