16 replies to this topic

#1 blacKdeath

blacKdeath

Growing yesterday, today and tomorrow.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 06:49 AM

Hey all,

About to start another grow soon (BW and some Janis from FDM, hopefully) and this time round i'm thinking about making some hash.

Now the bubble bags look great but my bank balance doesn't and the Ice-O-Lator bags look a lot cheaper so what should I use?

Quality isn't that big a problem but i don't want to be smoking anything sub-standard.

Also I'd like to try and get as much as possible from my waste so I don't want to put in 5+ ounce of trim in and get back a couple of gram.

I'm being swayed towards Ice-0-Lator but haven't seen any of the finished result from the bags.

Bubblebags finished result on the other hand....mmmmmmmmm. (Especially Hydronauts recent post *dribble*)

BD

Edited by blacKdeath, 12 February 2004 - 08:16 AM.

#2 dave meggie

dave meggie

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:00 AM

u have sort of answered ur own question,if ur just wanting 1 grade of hash then get the ice o later, but if ur wanting full bubble melt its gotta be the bubblebags.

i bought the bubble bags a couple month back but now i just use the 160 bag and dry shake my trim.

#3 blacKdeath

blacKdeath

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:15 AM

Hmmm.... what filters are on the Ice-O-Lator bags though?

And would the yeild be much different?

I'm thinking almost definately Ice-O-Lator now.

Wouldn't know what to do with all the bags from BubbleBags. :(

Cheers for the info mate.

BD

#4 dave meggie

dave meggie

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:22 AM

hi mate the bubblesacs are 75 and 45

the bubblebags go down to 25

#5 blacKdeath

blacKdeath

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:52 AM

Cheers again.

#6 OMH

OMH

He's Back!

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3003 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 09:21 AM

The main difference between the bubble bags and their competition is their durability. Bubble bags are really sturdy, where as the Ice-olators tend to tear quite easily when you stick a plaster stirrer in them, attached to an electric drill.

If you don't go for the bubblebags, then be very gentle with them, cos once they rip they are pretty much useless :(

#7 webby

webby

THE DAM-BUSTER

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5007 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:40 AM

Don't mean to tread on your toes OMH but....

when I was at the cup in November I was having quite an interesting chat with the chap at the Pollinator Co. stall and according to him both them and bubbleman worked together to produce these products :( He reckoned that both types of bags are made by the same company?

He could have been chatting total :blub: for all I know, just thought that maybe some other peeps may have heard of this?

Happy making which ever you go for BD ;)
4 wheels move the body.....
2 wheels moves the soul.....

A Mites feeding ground

#8 mindhunter

mindhunter

* Nicely sozzled *

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:44 AM

I heard something along those lines too webby???

mindhunter
Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?"
Posted Image

#9 OMH

OMH

He's Back!

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3003 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:47 AM

I might be wrong. Never owned the Icebags, just the bubblebags.

Just repeating what I have heard from lots of different pissed off iceolator owners, who have had the bags rip wide open on their first use :(

Maybe the bags are now made by the same company, and the iceolator ones are stronger than they used to be. That definately never used to be the case.

#10 webby

webby

THE DAM-BUSTER

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5007 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:53 AM

Just repeating what I have heard from lots of different pissed off iceolator owners, who have had the bags rip wide open on their first use ;)

Bloody ell that don't sound good :(
4 wheels move the body.....
2 wheels moves the soul.....

A Mites feeding ground

#11 mindhunter

mindhunter

* Nicely sozzled *

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 11:05 AM

btw blacKdeath there is a 2 bag bubblesac set, its less than half the price of the 5 bag set , you obviously don't get as many grades but it does the job nicely. :(

mindhunter
Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?"
Posted Image

#12 blacKdeath

blacKdeath

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 01:54 PM

Would I be right in thinking BubbleBags and BubbleSacs are two different brands? Or is it the same with a different name?

As I have found a 2 bag set of BubbleSac for 65. Here.

The Ice-O-Lator bags are on there as well at a little lower price.

Are these Sacs just a BubbleBag imposter?

BD

#13 HydroNaut

HydroNaut

Deep THC Diver

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3762 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:58 PM

Hi

I own both sets of bags, Bubblebags and Ice-o-lator bags.
Id say that the Bubblebags are just that bit better in their construction. Saying that tho that doesnt mean the Ice-o-lator bags are crap. The problem is people getting carried away when it comes to mixing, using metal mixers and drills and stuff.
The Ice-o-lator bags only come in 2 bag sets tho, imo thats what lets them down.
I dont know what the final screen size is but its not 25u. I was getting alot of trichs passing thru and sitting at the bottom of the bucket so i upgraded to a 3 bag Bubblebag set to save on the waste.
The hash from the Ice-o-lator bags wasnt bad, just not full melt, still f**cked me up tho! :ouch:

Blackdeath......heres some hash made with the Ice-o-lator-bags.

Hydronaut
Driving a Tractor on a Drug Farm

Hydronauts Hash Emporium Pre-Bubble !

Team UK:420 Grow it !

#14 Joolz

Joolz

Watching the Grass Grow

• Team UK420
  • 51593 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 05:25 PM

Isolater bags from Mila at the pollinator co. were the originals,
Bubblebags from the bubbleman in canada are based on the same idea but are manufactured to a much higher standard and you get a purer hash than from pollinators because of the extra filtration stages ;)

I'd say if you have loads of trim or you grow mainly sativa dominant plants, then go for the Bubblebags as sat trichomes are significantly smaller than indica ones, so with pollinator sacs you'll be be ,pouring the best bit down the drain.

If you ony have a small amount of trim try one of the other makes.

But just a personal note.
We tested a set of bubblesacs when they first came out, and we fucked them on the first run :realcool:
Xtractor Bags ( another one lol) went the same way

The filtration screen came away at the seams due to the weight of water when we lifted them from the bucket ;)

Bubblebags on the other hand seem to be able to take whatever a stoner armed with an electric whisk can throw at them.

And, if you did happen to rip a Bubblebag, you can easily replace the single bag you need rather than buy the whole set again ;)
"Sick of politicians, harassment and laws!"

post-5967-1186234383.gif

UK420 recommends www.hydroculture.co.uk for all your growing needs

#15 Jammin

Jammin

Herbally disturbed

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 05:56 PM

I bought a set of bubble bags years ago and have never regreted it! :realcool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic