• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainStoner

CaptainStoner

Underdosing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:01 AM

I was out yesterday and saw Ronson "ultra refined for maximum care" universal gas lighter refil.. it's the one in the yellow can.. Butane UN1950. "Highest quality butane for lighters" - now i know ronson at least used to make very high quality lighters so i dunno..

I recently bought meself a turbo flame lighter and heard using crap butane damages em.. Plus when i harvest I absolutely must must musht make some BHO. never had it and want some so so badly..

This ronson stuff was 0.85 for a pretty big can.. is it any good for BHO? if it is im going back to buy a boxful of it :rofl:
Does being on fire count as fixed?
If I owned an opticians, I would get the sign printed in a blurry font.

#2 _gunnaknow_

_gunnaknow_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:13 AM

I wouldn't recommend them mate. It might be purer but how pure? Atleast with Newport and Colibri it states zero or near zero impurities and Newport is guaranteed to have less than 50ppm of non volatile contaminants.

Edited by gunnaknow, 08 January 2009 - 10:18 AM.

#3 seldomseenkid

seldomseenkid

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:13 AM

Alright Captain, Ronson isn't the best butane you can buy (London, Colibri, anything else which says zero impurities), but I would imagine it's ok to use for BHO (god, I love that stuff :rofl: )
Hope this helps mate,
Gerald

ETA-Just seen Gunna's post - aren't opinions brilliant :yep:

Edited by gerald, 08 January 2009 - 10:16 AM.

Holy cow I love your eyes

#4 Lennon

Lennon

Blinded by the lights

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4546 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:17 AM

Id only put that stuff in my lighters not my lungs..........
A fresh start and new beginning

R.I.P Shannon Larratt 29/09/1973 - 15/03/2013

#5 _gunnaknow_

_gunnaknow_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

I have edited my post Gerald, perhaps you saw my first draft whilst I was editting it. I don't recommend the use of anything besides Colibri, Vector and those brands that have the Near Zero Impurities logo, such as Newport amongst others.

Our Benchmark

Butane gas lighter refills and the 'Near Zero Impurities' benchmark.

To generate heat for butane powered thermal products, not requiring a conventional flame. (Examples are windproof, turbo and flameless cigarette, pipe or cigar lighters, miniature blow torches, miniature soldering irons, hand warmers, hot food containers, performing dolls, toy trains, hair stylers and curlers, portable smoothing irons, mobile thermal jackets, hot cushions, medical warmer belts).

For all such thermal products the butane lighter refill must not have an impurity content above 50 parts per million (i.e. one part in 20,000 parts) because a higher impurity content MAY DAMAGE THE EQUIPMENT BEYOND REPAIR.

Unlike Keen (World Marketing) Limited other makers of branded butane lighter gas refills DO NOT publish the stable impurity levels of their products which may be because their unstable impurity levels increase to several hundred parts per million.

The Near Zero Impurities logo has become the quality assurance standard in butane gas manufacture

These famous brands of lighter gas are all manufactured to the Newport system and are permitted to use the zero impurity benchmark.

Colibri
Colton
Cora
CTC
Davidoff
David Ross
Dunhill
IMCO
K2
London
Newport
Sarome
Silver Match
Unilight
Win

Edited by gunnaknow, 08 January 2009 - 10:34 AM.

#6 seldomseenkid

seldomseenkid

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:54 AM

I stand corrected :wassnnme:

#7 _gunnaknow_

_gunnaknow_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:41 AM

I haven't corrected you Gerald; you already mentioned that brands with the Near Zero Impurities logo are best. We just disagree about Ronson being okay to use. Your view is that it should be okay to use if it states that it's ultra refined, where as my view is that nothing other than those brands that have the Near Zero Impurities label should be used. Atleast you're guaranteed for the impurities to be less than 50ppm under the NZI standard.

By the way, I should point out that the list of brands that I gave in my last post is quite old. Each manufacturer can change the composition of their butane at any time, so always look for the Near Zero Impurities logo.

Gunna

Edited by gunnaknow, 08 January 2009 - 11:46 AM.

#8 Marcos

Marcos

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3954 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:54 AM

As stated, look for the 'near zero impurities' label on the cans. I use these free delivery too :P

"Herb was meant for growing outside. Whats up with these hydro people, adding artificial chemicals to water and growing under miserable lights. What plants really need is positive energy and thats it. Thats the best tip for growing real fine natural collie .." Genesis 1:29-31

#9 Marcos

Marcos

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3954 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:55 AM

Id only put that stuff in my lighters not my lungs..........

All the gas is evaporated, all that's left is the goodness of the God THC.

"Herb was meant for growing outside. Whats up with these hydro people, adding artificial chemicals to water and growing under miserable lights. What plants really need is positive energy and thats it. Thats the best tip for growing real fine natural collie .." Genesis 1:29-31

#10 Lennon

Lennon

Blinded by the lights

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4546 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:59 AM

Yea I know that buddy I mean I wouldn't be smoking Oil that was made with Ronson/Swan type gases because of all the impurites thats left over when vaped......

Edited by Lennon, 08 January 2009 - 12:00 PM.

A fresh start and new beginning

R.I.P Shannon Larratt 29/09/1973 - 15/03/2013

#11 Pots

Pots

Full power

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3526 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:05 PM

You could try this!, from the Knowledge base!!
Mirror Test

Take a mirror or piece of glass and spray some liquid butane into it. A good amount. (You may need some pliers to press the nozzle in) Wait about 5-10mins for the butane to evaporate and check the mirror for a white residue like the kind pictured. The residue also smells bad. Don?t confuse water condensation for residue. Also even Colibri leaves a very slight residue, but it doesn?t smell. Check for Smell.

http://www.uk420.com...downloadfile=16

(First mirror picture is of a clean mirror, second of the butane evaporating and last one is the white residue from Bernz-o-matic brand butane)

http://www.uk420.com...downloadfile=17

Hope that helps!!

E2A; sorry the links to the pics dont work but they do in the knowledge base!!

Edited by potstinkus, 08 January 2009 - 12:08 PM.

#12 _Robert Plant_

_Robert Plant_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:09 PM

reason for edit:im a dick that didnt read the post through :P

Edited by Robert Plant, 08 January 2009 - 12:10 PM.

#13 Pots

Pots

Full power

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3526 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:11 PM

reason for edit:im a dick that didnt read the post through :P

I know sorry, you have to go to the knowledge base, the pics work there, I just cut and pasted, don't know why, will try again, sorry!
The pics aint too good but you get the idea!
http://www.uk420.com...downloadfile=16
http://www.uk420.com...downloadfile=17
Hope that works this time!

Edited by potstinkus, 08 January 2009 - 12:13 PM.

#14 _Robert Plant_

_Robert Plant_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:29 PM

nice one chief :yep:

have to say i did make some the other day and i used Ronson and Swan, it turned out ok but next time i think ill have to buy some over t'internet coz Ronson and Swan is all i can get round here

#15 seldomseenkid

seldomseenkid

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:32 PM

As stated, look for the 'near zero impurities' label on the cans. I use these free delivery too :)

Bloody 'ell Marcos, how much BHO have you made (free delivery on orders over 45) :yep: :yep:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users