Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DANZIG

Cannabis tincture and cannabis oil

116 posts in this topic

Thinking of making RSO I found this spirtus Polish vodka for around £30 for 0.5l is that about right?  Seems quite pricey to me....  Especially I thinking of boiling it all away...  Was looking at isopropyl but don't like the idea of including whatever they add in to it stop drunks drinking it into my RSO... Will that stuff boil off? 

Many thanks 

On 12/09/2016 at 2:48 AM, JTR said:

Feel free to pick my brains ....

@JTR I'll take you up on that offer. What do you reckon to making a tincture with  AVB (already vaped bud).

I've read that it still has 30 % of the goodness in it, so is it just a matter of using 3 - 4 times the amount of plant material in the same volume of alcohol?

Hi everyone,

I make Cannabis oil for my Dad who is fighting Cancer, usually I get the decarboxylation right then use 100% Isopropyl alcohol, stick it into a water batch and render it down into oil, but time there was a power cut and I don`t know how long the weed was in the oven.

The weed was dry and a khaki colour but that still doesn`t tell me if it was long enough, so the question I have to those who may know is, if the Isopropyl alcohol strips weed of all of it cannabinoids and terpenes then when I use a water bath to render it down will the heat from that also decarb the weed to make sure I get all the beneficial cannabinoids?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Mashish

use an OIL bath to bring it down in concentration...the oil bath wont burn or boil off.

Bring the temp up to around 170 to 200 F and the IPA will boil off easily. When there are no more bubbles even around the edge..its done.

decarboxylation is done if the herb is BONE DRY,,,, heat only increases the process. Its not actually required but people decarb to make sure the fresh herb is dry.....and all meds are used.

hope this helps

1 person likes this

46 minutes ago, gb1 said:

use an OIL bath to bring it down in concentration

any specific type of oil? or normal veg oil

reg veg oil....think its boiling point is like 300 f and you will never get higher than say 200 f purging the remaining IPA

Edited by gb1
1 person likes this

On 15/7/2005 at 4:18 PM, grobag said:

The higher proof ethanols are the best as the resin dissolves in this more readily. Especially if making your tincture from an already extracted product ie. hash or oil.

This reduces the time the cannabis needs to be in the alcohol before it is all absorbed.

I will then mix this with a drinking alcohol after the fusion has taken place ie I'll pour the tincture into a bottle of bourbon for drinking.

If trying to dissolve cannabis straight into a drinking alcohol - it takes ages!

Just a few thoughts, Gro :guitar:

are you saying that making FECO (full extract cannabis oil) form hashish is better than making it from grass(buds)?

1 person likes this

@grobag cos i made it twice. one from buds (1 kg of buds = 137gr of pure "oil" using 15 litres of 96% grain alcohol). and i also made it just by adding the buds into hemp seed oil. Let it very lightly "cook" (without ever making the oil boil/simmer) for 2 hrs. i made the latter with the leftovers (some buds were present) and people enjoyed it nonetheless though the first one was way more potent. i also used different strains so different effects

1 person likes this

Just brought some Cbd oil off the net that's actually pretty decent. The price is silly tho so gonna have a crack at making my own. The Cbd oil you just stick a few drops under the tounge and half hour later get a nice relaxing buzz. 

So question is if I understand it correctly - do I just bang a load of bud ground up with a load of hemp/coconut oil and leave in a jar shaking everyday in a dark place. Then strain it after how many days? Was just gonna put it in the glass thing my Cbd came in and addminster the same. 

So how long do I soak it for and how much oil to 3G of green and a load of crystals from my catcher 

I use qwiso green dragon in my tea almost everyday for pain relief,  works a treat.  Fresh live resin straight off the plant,  I grow in a perpetual style and defoliate my plants, because I have a perpetual grow I have a plant finish every week or 2 so all the trim including the defoliated leaves either goes to my green dragon or BHO,  my favourite plant to use is my Blue Cheese,  its so crystally even the fan leaves are covered in sticky goodness

I simply take the leaves, trim, stalks and stick them in a mason jar with 99.9% isopropyl alcohol, leave it to soak for half an hour with a good shake every now and then and then run it through 100 micron filter material into a Pyrex bowl which I put straight onto the electric hob to boil down I used to do a bain marie (sp?) style but found no difference between that and putting straight on the hob 

If I want to make it really pure I run it through activated carbon to remove most of the green colour before putting it on the hob but if its just for me I leave it green,  clear is my party potion which everyone loves

1 teaspoon in my tea or coffee and I'm lit for hours,  2 teaspoons and I'm ready for bed, night night, lights out lol