Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guggsy

Feeding Auto Plants

Hi all, 

I hope all your grows are doing well. 

I have a question regarding feeding Auto plants. Taking into consideration that Autos don't get anywhere as big as normal plants How much and how often are you supposed to feed them.

I have my 5 plants in 11l Pots in plant magic soil. They have started to flower, so I am feeding them plant magic bloom. The bottle says 3-5ml per litre but I have only fed them 1-1.5ml per litre once per week. They have only had 1 feed so far of Plant magic bloom, as I don't want to get nute burn, and I am guessing those recommendations on the bottle are for normal plants not auto's.

can someone please enlighten as to how much and how often Auto's should be fed, and when to start using  Plant magic Bloom Boost.

I did also use Plant Magic Grow in veg stage, once again, less than the bottle recommends.  

Thanks

G

2 people like this

Less is more with autos mate.  I use coco that has no natural nutrients in at all. Feed should be 40ml for 10l of water but I use half that and they are very healthy for it. 

1 person likes this

I think you could go to 2.5ml per l twice a week now they're in flower and add boost at half what it says on the bottle once they've been flowering for a couple of weeks. Remember they'll then be getting it for just about 4 weeks as once the trychs are cloudy you could stop feeding. A couple of weeks later it will be ready to chop and be flushed. That's what I'm doing.

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Guggsy said:

Hi all, 

I hope all your grows are doing well. 

I have a question regarding feeding Auto plants. Taking into consideration that Autos don't get anywhere as big as normal plants How much and how often are you supposed to feed them.

I have my 5 plants in 11l Pots in plant magic soil. They have started to flower, so I am feeding them plant magic bloom. The bottle says 3-5ml per litre but I have only fed them 1-1.5ml per litre once per week. They have only had 1 feed so far of Plant magic bloom, as I don't want to get nute burn, and I am guessing those recommendations on the bottle are for normal plants not auto's.

can someone please enlighten as to how much and how often Auto's should be fed, and when to start using  Plant magic Bloom Boost.

I did also use Plant Magic Grow in veg stage, once again, less than the bottle recommends.  

Thanks

G

I don't feed mine anything until they show signs of hunger (4-5 weeks generally, 10L MPC) bloom for a month-ish, bloom and a little boost after that.

Much better to pay attention to the plants than try to force a schedule on them, even with two side-by-side one can eat/drink more than the other and temps etc vary wildly from setup to setup.

Thank you all for responding. After doing a little more research you are all right. just add half the amount the bottle recommends. I am hoping that my green crack auto, which has yellowing large fan leaves was due to excessive  heat we just had, may have stressed the plant. if you see my other post I hav taken pictures yesterday, but not sure if you can see from the picturesof yellowing leaves.large.DSC_0091small.JPGlarge.5ef63230581e5_DSC_0089small.JPGlarge.DSC_0090small.JPG