Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guggsy

Green Crack Leaf coloring

Hi 

Can someone take a look at these images and tell me what I am doing wrong or what is happening. I have planted 2 Autoflowering Green crack beginning of may. I transferred outside about 2-3 weeks ago. I am using Plant Magic soil supreme in 11l pots. I germinated the plants in Jiffy plugs and then transferred into pots once big enough.

But as you can see from the images the leaves have got weird colouring on them. Can anyone identify what the problems could be. I have only just given them 0.75ml of plant magic soil grow in 0.75litre of water recommendation is 2ml to 1 litre, but I have read to give them under manufactures recommendation, while plants are still small and young and then to increase dosage as plants get older. Also plant magic soil should have enough nutrients in it to feed a young plant, not sure for how long though, until I am supposed to start feeding.

See pictures below.

large.5ed8e81a4283a_greecrackleaf1.JPGlarge.5ed8e83ca3278_greencrackleaf5.JPGlarge.5ed8e836d1a1d_greencrackleaf4.JPGlarge.5ed8e8312a019_greencrackleaf3.JPGlarge.5ed8e97989960_2greencrackplantss.JPGlarge.5ed8e82bae8af_greencrackleaf2.JPG 

Mutations can be genetic for example verragated leafs   ,can  be caused by pests /mites or viral.

If it's viral it will likely spread to other plants via mechanical means (touch)or vectored by pests , if it's gentics it won't unless you take a clone/seed 

Often  same markings can be found on clones and without below symptoms and doesn't seem to be contagious just isolated to wired  leaf markings. Hopefully that's what you have.

(to rule out pests , inspect Under the leafs ,ideally with magnification ) certain mites can deform leafs 

If its viral you might notice other strange things, such as hooked leafs ,mosaics ,streaks , twisted leafs , stunting , parts of the leaf missing plus quite a few others.

if it's viral dispose of plant ,don't reuse soil or pot , clean anything that came in contact with plant with 10% bleach solution.

Or NFDM non fat dry milk , Virkon S.

Have a google of the term TMV  (tobacco Mosiac virus) your see similar leaf Markings as yours above.

TMV is a umbrella term for Mosiac virus's ,there are quite a few that are confirmed to be able to effect hemp / cannabis.

although TMV hasn't been official confirmed effect Cannabis /hemp as you've seen with CV19 virus's like to mutate so 

basically if if you notice any other strange things happen with them or it spreads then it's likely a virus , 

virus can't be cured , bin it.

if it doesn't spread or don't notice any other symptoms it likely a harmless gentic trait that isn't contagious.

3 people like this

Just to add: I've had plants with full-blown TMV symptoms that either disappear or remain but didn't seem to affect the health of the plant or yield, or spread to other plants. Sometimes it's more than one plant in a batch, but again it doesn't spread. 

The fact that I see it quite often makes me think (in my case at least) it's a genetic trait that's triggered by unknown environmental factors. 

4 people like this

Thanx for the response guys. I check regularly for pests and mites. as each year I grow I get aphids, so I try and keep my plants clear of that. No aphids yet but I still got long way to go yet. Out of the 2 green crack plants only 1 is weird coloured the other seems fine. But I will keep an eye out. The growth seems to be fine, as you can see from the picture the weird coloured leaf one seems to b doing better than the other green crack plant. I also have 2 blue dream matic autos growing which I started at the same time, in the same area, apart from the shock of moving them outside, they seem to be fine also.

I will google TMV to make sure.

1 other question next couple of days temps will be between 13-14c with night lows of 6-8c is and a little wet, is it worth me moving my plants in for the next few days. or will the be ok to remain outdoors.

I wouldn't think its tmv, although that did spring to mind initially. I think I would possibly increase nutes a little on one but reduce watering on the other and see what happens. Hopefully they will outgrow it! 

Never heard of, let alone grown Green Crack, is it possible it is named after the mottling on the leaves?

If the plants are still in pots you won't do them any harm by bringing them indoors at night and popping them back out in the morning if conditions are favourable!

Good luck with the grow!

1 person likes this

I have what appears to be the same problem, also using PM soil supreme. 4 Glueberry clones under 250w hps.. What are your temps like? I got some slight twisting aswell, root temps crept up to 27° so I put it down to heat stresslarge.20200602_183555_compress86.jpglarge.20200602_183446_compress68.jpg

Honestly all cases of photos here look like issues caused by the pH fluctuating out of range. Are you guys measuring your pH, and are you sure that your measuring devices are calibrated correctly? I had issues like this with a whole bunch of pepper and tomato plants a couple of years ago. Turned out my ph pen malfunctioned so I had been watering at around ph4.5 instead of ph6.0, but had also been flushing with tap water at ph7... Effectively the plants hadn't ever been in range for efficient nute uptake and the symptoms look like nothing else, as it's kind of a bit of a deficiency of pretty much everything. 

I don't think it's tmv. As Barry said. We would see other weird shit.

A simple case of variegation although quite heavy for cannabis I'd say and I bet it grows out and grows fine dispite the leaves looking fooked. 

I find variegation markings aren't too uncommon but not often that affect as much of the plant as this. Usually a few leaves and then it grows out 

3 people like this

I moved them in last night and keeping them indoors till tomorrow.  Thanks for the responses. Just a couple of questions. I have started feeding them plant magic soil grow, recommendation is 2ml per litre, but I gave them 1ml per litre, and planning to up the amount. any one else use plant magic grow and bloom. How often do you guys recommend feeding young plants in veg state. once or twice a week. Also and days when I can't put plants outside are there any indoor lights I can buy already on some kind of stand I can buy so that he plants aren't deprived of UV light. preferably in LED but must come complete mounted on some kind of stand. so I place over plants.large.5edb541268899_greencrackandbluedreammaticindoor.JPGlarge.5edb5404a3990_klashnikovamurgiantauto.JPG

large.DSC_0091small.JPGlarge.DSC_0090small.JPGlarge.5ef63230581e5_DSC_0089small.JPG

Some of my larger leaves are just starting to turn yellow on my green crack autos. The middle picture probably shows best. they have also just started to flower. Not sure if anyone can tell me but is this normal at this point in time, or is there a deficiency of nutes. It is mainly affecting the larger fan leaves. bottom I have also read it could be due to heatwave we have had, but my other green crack auto is fine, just darker coloured leaves. (no pics of other green crack auto) Any advise would be helpful. I have fed 1 dose of plant magic bloom. 1-1.5ml per litre bottle says 3-5ml per litre but I am guessing that amount would be for normal plants.