Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Howarthhd

Auto flower help!

Hi everyone, very new to growing! This plant is now 2 weeks old, just trying to convince myself this is going okay lol, the plant stays outside from around 9am to 7pm moving around to ensure direct sunlight. Over night I bring the plant in and chuck it under a led light I got from eBay, rated at 100w from the wall. The strain is Blueberry auto from 00seeds. 

my question is, as this is an auto flower, shouldn’t this be much further ahead by now?  

thank you all in advance 

https://ibb.co/YbZBM9Y

1 person likes this

Looks fine but you will need a better light to pack the growth in before flowering starts. If you can't, just accept the situation and be happy with what you get. It's a learning curve.

1 minute ago, catweazle1 said:

Looks fine but you will need a better light to pack the growth in before flowering starts. If you can't, just accept the situation and be happy with what you get. It's a learning curve.

thanks for the quick reply, in regards to the light I can probably get another one exactly the same you think that would be suitable? Pleased it’s looking good so far! 

26 minutes ago, Howarthhd said:

thanks for the quick reply, in regards to the light I can probably get another one exactly the same you think that would be suitable? Pleased it’s looking good so far! 

That would certainly help but to maximize the benefit you want 400-600w HPS or equivalent LED which is more money but you might not be ready for that outlay and running cost yet. You'll get something with 200w I think. Don't think big to start just aim to learn the process and hope to have a nice smoke at the end. Rome wasn't built in a day.

9 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

That would certainly help but to maximize the benefit you want 400-600w HPS or equivalent LED which is more money but you might not be ready for that outlay and running cost yet. You'll get something with 200w I think. Don't think big to start just aim to learn the process and hope to have a nice smoke at the end. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Appreciate all the advice buddy thank you, I think I’ll go for the 400w hps, as that should last me for any more In the future! 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Howarthhd said:

Appreciate all the advice buddy thank you, I think I’ll go for the 400w hps, as that should last me for any more In the future! 

If you do, use the 100w for the first couple of weeks then the 400w starting off at height that doesn't feel too hot on the plant. You'll see the leaf edges cupping upwards if it's too warm. That will cover 3ft by 3ft area to bloom.

Edited by catweazle1

2 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

If you do, use the 100w for the first couple of weeks then the 400w starting off at height that doesn't feel too hot on the plant. You'll see the leaf edges cupping upwards if it's too warm. That will cover 3ft by 3ft area to bloom.

Okay mate thank you for all the advice, I really appreciate it

1 person likes this