Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cecoliceto

Auto Northen lights

62 posts in this topic

Hello everyone 

Yesterday on 420 I plant my First Lady in the pot. Was a good day because managed to germinate exactly on this day. 

Im growing in a very small tent only one plant in a Coco under 200w led light. Hopefully my new hobby will be friendly and grow nice and healthy plant. 

5 people like this

Sounds like you have most of what you need.

Do you have a fan and filter ? You’ll need them if your growing indoors to control that wonderful smell but you won’t need them till it’s flowering.

Good luck with the grow :smokin:

8 minutes ago, The Bishop Basher said:

Sounds like you have most of what you need.

Do you have a fan and filter ? You’ll need them if your growing indoors to control that wonderful smell but you won’t need them till it’s flowering.

Good luck with the grow :smokin:

Thanks 

Yes i do have a filter 4” FOX quite a big one for my small tent and also waiting this days delivery of my inline extraction fan.  

1 person likes this

Still struggling to find out how to upload pictures from my phone straight to the forum. Probably I sound like a noob but just I can’t.

Click on the bars on the top right, go to browse, then gallery.. 

Just upload from there. You’ll need to resize them. iOS gives you the option when you choose a pic but I don’t know about Android. 

1 person likes this

Im also growing northern lights - first time grower.  I've got three ladies that I re potted on from shoots about a week ago.   I've got a 600wat LED Plant Grow light, currently on VEG only that I've had on the go 24hrs.   I'm slightly confused as some people say it doesn't matter if its on 24 hours in the growing stage and others who are pretty strict about a 18/6 hour ratio.   Anyone got any recommendations?  They seem to be doing ok at the moment but I can't think its natural to have lights on the go none stop.   I've got my extractor fan set up ready for future use but I'm also thinking I should buy a fan so that they have some movement as I've also heard its good to strengthen the plant if theres a little breeze in the tent.   Again, I'd appreciate some suggestions.   I'll be happy to put in some pics when I think its worth it, but Just Sprouted, I'm keen to follow your progress! 

On 21/04/2020 at 11:00 AM, Cecoliceto said:

Still struggling to find out how to upload pictures from my phone straight to the forum. Probably I sound like a noob but just I can’t.

2 hours ago, GorgeousGrassy said:

Im also growing northern lights - first time grower.  I've got three ladies that I re potted on from shoots about a week ago.   I've got a 600wat LED Plant Grow light, currently on VEG only that I've had on the go 24hrs.   I'm slightly confused as some people say it doesn't matter if its on 24 hours in the growing stage and others who are pretty strict about a 18/6 hour ratio.   Anyone got any recommendations?  They seem to be doing ok at the moment but I can't think its natural to have lights on the go none stop.   I've got my extractor fan set up ready for future use but I'm also thinking I should buy a fan so that they have some movement as I've also heard its good to strengthen the plant if theres a little breeze in the tent.   Again, I'd appreciate some suggestions.   I'll be happy to put in some pics when I think its worth it, but Just Sprouted, I'm keen to follow your progress! 

Hello

True many different opinions out there but in end Is up to you which way you going to follow. I’m personally set up my light for 18/6 scheduled. My little hobby is still underground, waiting to pop up outside any minute. Pictures to follow . 

1 person likes this

On 4/21/2020 at 9:22 AM, Cecoliceto said:

Hello everyone 

Yesterday on 420 I plant my First Lady in the pot. Was a good day because managed to germinate exactly on this day. 

Im growing in a very small tent only one plant in a Coco under 200w led light. Hopefully my new hobby will be friendly and grow nice and healthy plant.

That's all you can ask for. I managed to grow (compost) two NL autos in a 40x40 under an 80W LED with decent results, though it is a squeeze.

Does your light draw 200W or is that the 'rating'? My 80W actual was 'rated' at 300W. I'm not sure why or how that figure came about but it's worth checking.

3 hours ago, GorgeousGrassy said:

I went 24/7 all the way through. I'm not sure it's best for all auto varieties but I am led to believe Northern Lights has ancestors grown in high latitudes, and in the summer they might have genuinely gotten continuous light in the wild. Many photoperiod growers also go 24/7 to start with, but there's nothing wrong with 18/6 and it might save some electric. Are yours auto or photo?

I ditched my interior fan after my first grow, the tent is small enough that the exhaust fan alone creates decent movement but this is not something I'd recommend to any other new grower. You do need air moving over the plants.

I'd recommend doing a diary to any new grower, it helps in many ways and there are some incredible and incredibly helpful people on here. There is a 'Grow diary' section of the forum where most of them live but plenty of auto growers post them in here.

3 people like this

Mine are auto flowering.   Wonder if I should send my fan back?  God, the start up costs have been much higher than I anticipated.   I should have bought a tent-kit, but thought No!  I'll source it all independently.   Turns out I've sourced pretty much everything from EvilAmazon,  and its cost me about 100x more than one of those tent kits!   I feel a diary is a good idea as if things go wrong, at least I've got the start up costs covered and can track where things went wrong.

On the subject of water, are we as picky about the state of Ph over here as the Americans?   They write an awful lot about it. 

3 hours ago, mister phlegm said:

That's all you can ask for. I managed to grow (compost) two NL autos in a 40x40 under an 80W LED with decent results, though it is a squeeze.

Does your light draw 200W or is that the 'rating'? My 80W actual was 'rated' at 300W. I'm not sure why or how that figure came about but it's worth checking.

I went 24/7 all the way through. I'm not sure it's best for all auto varieties but I am led to believe Northern Lights has ancestors grown in high latitudes, and in the summer they might have genuinely gotten continuous light in the wild. Many photoperiod growers also go 24/7 to start with, but there's nothing wrong with 18/6 and it might save some electric. Are yours auto or photo?

I ditched my interior fan after my first grow, the tent is small enough that the exhaust fan alone creates decent movement but this is not something I'd recommend to any other new grower. You do need air moving over the plants.

I'd recommend doing a diary to any new grower, it helps in many ways and there are some incredible and incredibly helpful people on here. There is a 'Grow diary' section of the forum where most of them live but plenty of auto growers post them in here.

3 hours ago, mister phlegm said:

Yeah , definitely Auto. The LED is 200W but not sure how much  the specs are correct. My tent  40x40x140 and I will try the first time with this light . With all this lockdown is difficult to place a order normal, everything is taking twice longer. 

Definitely going to check out the dairy section. Just posted a picture in the gallery.

3 hours ago, GorgeousGrassy said:

Mine are auto flowering.   Wonder if I should send my fan back?  God, the start up costs have been much higher than I anticipated.   I should have bought a tent-kit, but thought No!  I'll source it all independently.   Turns out I've sourced pretty much everything from EvilAmazon,  and its cost me about 100x more than one of those tent kits!   I feel a diary is a good idea as if things go wrong, at least I've got the start up costs covered and can track where things went wrong.

On the subject of water, are we as picky about the state of Ph over here as the Americans?   They write an awful lot about it. 

Yeah the cost is never what you expected :skin_up:  I get all my gear independent and I think is worth ,except the light. We will see. 

On 4/21/2020 at 9:22 AM, Cecoliceto said:

Hello everyone 

here`s a royal queen auto northern lights grown under 100 watts of led, it will produce a smoke quality is to be seen. good luck with yours the wifes growing this plant in 1.5 ltr of soiless mix :beer:

large._20200417_183435_copy_1043x1727.jpg

its grown a bit since that pic lol

5 people like this

OMG - That looks awesome!   Has that plant had any training?  

Managed to work out how to post photos - but not how to resize them.  Will work on that tomorrow.  Off to watch Narcos Mexico! 

large.thumb_IMG_0152_1024.jpglarge.thumb_IMG_0151_1024.jpg

2 people like this

26 minutes ago, GorgeousGrassy said:

Managed to work out how to post photos - but not how to resize them.  Will work on that tomorrow.  Off to watch Narcos Mexico! 

large.thumb_IMG_0152_1024.jpglarge.thumb_IMG_0151_1024.jpg

Looks very good man. What distance is the light from your pot. I’m trying to figure it out if the lights distance is enough . In the moment is 90 cm

1 person likes this