Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Subliminal Criminal

Brown bags and recommendations on clip jars

50 posts in this topic

What are the best clip top jars to use? What size? Where from?. I have some le parfaits already..

Also can I use brown bags in the jars when curing?

I want to keep the buds from light..

Will be using bovedas..

Subs

@Subliminal Criminal amber/brown glass jars then no need for brown bags size would depend on amount of product you need to cure. not used bovedas but heard they are good.

1 person likes this

Mine go in 2L Kilner jars with 2 62 Boveda sachets one bottom one top. I don't brown bag but I do let the buds sit in bowls for a bit after destalking before I put them in the jars.

large.20191129_192826-1593x1195.jpglarge.20191202_163321-1160x1195.jpg

7 people like this

I just use Kilner jars dude. I got a great deal on Amazon for 2L ones. But whatever you can find...

As for keeping from the light, if you have no dark place then you can always use duct tape. A mate does that. Cheap and cheerful :)

Bovedas I have used, but I am no expert here. My experience has been that they were kinda unnecessary really. I think money is better spent on some small RH monitors for the jars.

4 people like this

If you don't want them in the light you can stick them away in a cupboard.

I got a foot stool storage thing for 14 quid from wilko's and it holds 9 of those jars lovely.

2 people like this

@Exhale I never get bored of looking at pictures of jars :)

This is mine - bit of a mix-up of jars :)

large.00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200206131412767_COVER_compress77.jpg

And yes the RH is very low - I had just fill them up - they are showing around 57 now :)

Edited by lemoore00
8 people like this

Wilko stopped stocking kilners..

A few years ago I ordered 6 X le parfaits from Asda George online, they fucked the order up and I ended up with 36 for the price of 6.

Some got given away some got broke not many left now

7 people like this

I have everything I need except

I'm going for bovedas new jars hygrometers

2 people like this

Dunelm might be good

4 people like this

I have to say, my missus says my office stinks of weed, and I think that's from those cheapo Ikea ones with the white seal. So smell means air is getting out, which means they will out much quicker. So I need to get some more proper ones

2 people like this

@Subliminal Criminal that river site does kilner jars mate.

1 person likes this

Ball mason jars wide mouth for the win, for me.

I also think Boveda packs are kinda pointless,  better off with a in jar Hygrometer.

Used to use the Kilner's to but i had one shatter on me as i opened it,  if you notice any chips or cracks along ridge at the top may want to get another.

large.image.jpeg

5 people like this

1 minute ago, lemoore00 said:

I have to say, my missus says my office stinks of weed, and I think that's from those cheapo Ikea ones with the white seal. So smell means air is getting out, which means they will out much quicker. So I need to get some more proper ones

Some of the jars misalign and don't create a seal when you simply clip the lid down, you have to manipulate the lid before you clamp down to ensure it's even and flush to create a good seal.

3 people like this

Just now, BarrySHitPeas said:

Ball mason jars wide mouth for the win, for me.

I also think Boveda packs are kinda pointless,  better off with a in jar Hygrometer.

Used to use the Kilner's to but i had one shatter on me as i opened it,  if you notice any chips or cracks along ridge at the top may want to get another.

large.image.jpeg

Nasty, I hope no weed was hurt ;)

4 people like this

that's not a bad error lol . I need new jars myself a friend who grows for dispensaries in murica suggested the amber glass jars they make for essential oils as what he uses says its best he has tried, though i can only find them with sealing screw tops just realised wanted clip top and they only seem to go up to at most 1000ml with a wide top for a reasonable price (£3 each) unless buy bulk  

Edited by WhyNotEyy