Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

yabbah

Budget tent recommendations?

Hey guys, I ordered a cheap tent from amazon (senua i think the brand was?)

Tent arrived but it's the wrong tent, some 2m x 2m monster, 18kg package was wondering why it was so fucking heavy!

Literally a box full of metal poles but no tent?

Anyway, the tent i had ordered was supposed to be 60x60x140. I have to go about ordering a new one now and don't want to order the same one because it will probably be a heap of shit.

I wanted to take this opportunity to ask for your recommendations?

Im still tempted to go the route of a growdrobe if its cheaper

I have a mamouth lite 60x60x140 that cost less than £40. Despite the cover looking like a cheap sports bag when I opened it up, it has lasted over 3 years now and is showing no signs of wear.I would definitely recommend it to anyone after a budget tent in said dimensions, and would recommend it to someone who wasn't so budget conscious too!

1 person likes this

Have a look on ebay, gumtree or shpock.

I see good quality tents like secret jardin all the time, but it will be used if that's an issue.

the green box ones on fleabay are ok for the money. the ones with green poles. the pro ones are better, they have thicker poles.

I wouldn't buy a 2nd hand tent, security wise for a start.

and some of the cheapos are truly aweful, if senuas tents are anything like their lamps, id avoid them like the plague

Edited by badbillybob
2 people like this

1 hour ago, monkeypig said:

I have a mamouth lite 60x60x140 that cost less than £40. Despite the cover looking like a cheap sports bag when I opened it up, it has lasted over 3 years now and is showing no signs of wear.I would definitely recommend it to anyone after a budget tent in said dimensions, and would recommend it to someone who wasn't so budget conscious too!

Nice one! Was looking at these this morning. How is it for light leaks and keeping in smell?

32 minutes ago, Subutai said:

Have a look on ebay, gumtree or shpock.

I see good quality tents like secret jardin all the time, but it will be used if that's an issue.

Will have a look, thanks dude

26 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

the green box ones on fleabay are ok for the money. the ones with green poles. the pro ones are better, they have thicker poles.

I wouldn't buy a 2nd hand tent, security wise for a start.

and some of the cheapos are truly aweful, if senuas tents are anything like their lamps, id avoid them like the plague

Thanks for the tip. Jesus I wish i'd posted in here first...

6 minutes ago, yabbah said:

Nice one! Was looking at these this morning. How is it for light leaks and keeping in smell?

I use mine as a veg tent, so I couldn't comment on light leaks. As far as smell, as long as your filter is giving you adequate negative pressure you'll be fine.

if your planning on using the same tent for a while then its advisable to get a good one, cheap & dearer tents might look the same but the price is all down to the materials used,

Ive got a DR90 which my old Da is using & thats about 7-8 years old at least & has been more or less in constant use, I doubt a cheapo tent would have lasted this long or still look

like new with no broken zips or bent poles.

1 person likes this

Indeed -  but other than avoid a tent with massive rips down it, no advice will help all that much regarding the smell as such - how good/expensive the tent itself is makes almost no difference to the overall level of smell if that is what you are most hung up about... 

The smell is controlled by ensuring that you have negative pressure running through the system at all times; ie that you extract more air than is pulled in, and it is taken out of the tent via a decent carbon filter

Edited by Jimmeh
1 person likes this