Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

catweazle1

Clone from mother clone vs cloning from clone from clone

Is there any difference in productivity and vigour after a while? By 'mother clone' I mean the first one off the seed mother.

Edited by catweazle1

Not much - people say if you keep serial cloning it does reduce the vigour of the plant but i have done clones of clones and kept the same cut running for a few years by taking a cut just before flower and all was fine.  Perhaps if you do it like more than 10 or 20 times you may see a difference.

2 people like this

10 minutes ago, highgrower said:

Not much - people say if you keep serial cloning it does reduce the vigour of the plant but i have done clones of clones and kept the same cut running for a few years by taking a cut just before flower and all was fine.  Perhaps if you do it like more than 10 or 20 times you may see a difference.

Cheers mate. 

grow bible did say 20 times with no degrading

1 person likes this

Think how many times cuts of cuts of cuts are passed round commercially. 

Think how many times ammo haze or cheese will have been cloned.

I'm not saying degradation can't occur but it will be a long time before you see it providing you take healthy cuttings 

There are plants and tree varieties that have only exist as clone only and millions upon millions of specimens all over the world for 50 or 100 years have all originated from a single cutting. Make of that what you will 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
12 people like this

2 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Think how many times cuts of cuts of cuts are passed round commercially. 

Think how many times ammo haze or cheese will have been cloned.

I'm not saying degradation can't occur but it will be a long time before you see it providing you take healthy cuttings 

There are plants and tree varieties that have only exist as clone only and millions upon millions of specimens all over the world for 50 or 100 years have all originated from a single cutting. Make of that what you will 

True.

Seriel cloning will degrade the genetics over time...if the plants have been seriel cloned from gardens that are not running particularly healthy or vigourous then the plant can take on pathogens that can alter the plants stability and output in my opinion.

Nice mother plant that is treated well will preserve a clone and its traits much better :yep:

Farmer G

I've done at least 30 clone from clone runs of my Coffee Kush. As I put one lot into flower I take a bunch of cuts. Been doing it for coming up 10 yrs with the same strain. 

There has been no degradation in production or quality at all.

On 05/09/2019 at 0:53 PM, blackpoolbouncer said:

originated from a single cutting.

I had a room full before my visit :police: some years ago, all started from one cutting...that was about a 10 year run as well...great strain as well, very sad to lose it.