Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Green demon

Growers Ark for me

21 posts in this topic

After years of growing nought but excellent herb it was quite a shock to start producing pretty mediocre bud. Having forked out a wedge on CMH I ruled out poor lighting. Growing UGORG I figured it weren't bad genetics. TBH I was clueless.

Only thing I did different was move to a new location and now for the first time I'm experiencing deficiencies in flower. After reading about several other growers having problems with BioBizz, problems that disappeared once they made the change to Growers Ark, I figured it was worth a shot. 

Two or three feeds later and my tent full of medicore bud, hardly in need of a carbon filter was tranformed into some of the stinkiest, fruitiest, sweet smelling bud I've ever grown.

Bonus is that they are a UK company not Dutch, nutrients specific to our water hard or soft and furthermore they offer water analysis and tailor made feed.

I rang them up asking for a stockist list cause there was none near me. Chap asked if there was anything else I needed and I said the entire coco range soon just broke ATM. He said he'd do me a coco kit with freebies for naff all and he knew where I lived because it was his old stomping ground. Said he was going on holiday in a couple of days and he could take a detour to meet me on th way to the airport! 

large.IMG_1270212.jpglarge.IMG_1270212.jpg

Excellent nutrients, excellent service, and price was insane value. Can't rate these guys enough so far :yep:

9 people like this

I love their stuff, never had any issues.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Biobizz is shit tbf. :wassnnme:

large.599603d359d95_1-5492.jpglarge.IMG_6792.jpglarge.IMG_6881.PNG

Half of a green leaf, my apologies.

(there must have been other factors at play - you can't poo poo a food range because it didn't work for you at that moment in time).  

I was same with Oldtimers, but it was me, not the grub. lol

Edited by Budelaire
6 people like this

I converted from bottled organics to GA and have not looked back since either.

Used to get Defs consistently with PM and BB combined with my tap water (had it confirmed via water test that my water was/is deficient in Mg), since using GA I feel my mistakes have been my own and ratios sorted due to Hard water formulation  and it's just easier to get it right and as a result better tasting buds , which is weird that mineral salt based nutrients have come out the same if not better then the bottled organics taste wise for me which contrary to what I was expecting,

I guess it's a case of getting it just right with mineral nutrients gives better results then not so well done bottled organics but appreciate everyone's standards and personal tastes differ along with there water quality but yeah I'm very happy with GA nutrients also.:thumsup:

Does make me think why don't they make a hard /soft water versions of bottled organics so they can get cal/mg ratio right for your water source 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

@Budelaire you say Biobizz is shit and then you say you can't poo poo a nutrient range. 

I haven't slated them, just said that I've come to the conclusion that they weren't working for me, and haven't for two years no matter what I tried. I had the best herb I've ever smoked grown with Biobizz, I used them for eight or so years with no issue. Now after two years shit bud, two/three feeds of new nutrient and they smell fantastic.

N yeah I don't claim to be some ganja growing expert, I'm a simple man that likes growing pot for a hobby. When a nutrient line works and then doesn't because of some imbalance in the magnesium and Calcium from the water source then I'm not gonna be the one to work why. I want a nutrient that works out of the bottle like Biobizz used to for me, I don't wanna have to add third party amendments just to correct a deficiency. 

Edited by Green demon
2 people like this

I use plant magic and only yesterday did i buy, grow and bloom nutes.

I have had deficiency's and have had to find a solution, turns out i just needed to add more cal/mag and higher my ph.

I make my own cal/mag using calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate and then some iron

I hit them hard when in veg and early bloom. I have a ugorg #1 mother that required me to learn allot more than i new before just to get the best outta her.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Green demon said:

@Budelaire you say Biobizz is shit and then you say you can't poo poo a nutrient range. 

the whistling smiley used to mean I'm taking piss I think lol

That single plant above was grown in hard water using biobizz not very long ago, by a chump of a grower, far from an expert at anything - 1st time I used them in fact - only time really except fish mix.

For the record I use Growers Ark on and off and have done for many years - I have never been a consistent grower in any sense, as I flit about from one shabby excuse to another, in fact I've been using a big 5 year old, crusty almost stalagmitic 5ltr tub of PK - worked a treat tbf, surprisingly  lol

I also got 7g off of a 7.5ltr pot Plant Magics Oldtimer's blend,  hence my change to coco/Hydro/hempies many years ago - I could not grow an organic plant well at all.  They always ate themselves alive due to crap roots and not enough feed, dry inputs being key I found no matter what you gave them bottle wise.

These girls get very hungry when it comes to soil & organics I've found, and you have zero margin for error Time wise.    Coco & salts are much more forgiving due to the uptake and response time from our inputs and way easier once you get the limited knowledge needed.  

I'd say it was the change in media vs nutrients that saw you happier?

Edited by Budelaire
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

@Green demon Probably a stupid question but are you growing in soil or coco?  It's just that you mentioned switching from Biobizz but those seem to be coco nutes, or am I getting this backwards?

I just checked out the 'Growers' Ark' website.  It seems they have a very reasonably priced line of nutes for soil. However, they also mention having to PH.......Very confusing.

Edited by JJJ
1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Budelaire said:

the whistling smiley used to mean I'm taking piss I think lol

i read it as you we're taking the piss out of me for using that shit Biobizz

That single plant above was grown in hard water using biobizz not very long ago, by a chump of a grower, far from an expert at anything - 1st time I used them in fact - only time really except fish mix.

Is a nice plant and agian im not doubting the effectiveness of Biobizz, yeild was never an issue for me. My best plant got 6.5 oz from 10L pot and all that wasn't standard I was very happy.

I also got 7g off of a 7.5ltr pot Plant Magics Oldtimer's blend,  hence my change to coco/Hydro/hempies many years ago - I could not grow an organic plant well at all.  They always ate themselves alive due to crap roots and not enough feed, dry inputs being key I found no matter what you gave them bottle wise.

Never had an issue with roots, root juice works well and since using acti Vera alongside root juice in veg I've seen even healthier root systems.

Never really had an issue with them eating themselves until now. My old gaff was hard water and I followed Oldtimer1s guide. With an 11L final pot there is enough nutrients in All mix to go 8 weeks veg without feed for most plants, just root juice and now acti Vera.

When going into flower it was always just Grow and Bloom although towards the the end I was adding guano to reduce liquid feed in flower as well. The one issue I'd get was going into flower with all the nutrients spent in the compost some plants would be very hungry for nitrogen going into the stretch and Grow is slow release. 

Some strains would eat themselves alive like you say, and raising the Grow dose doesn't help because it's slow release. Enter Fish mix, much higher amounts of ferts readily available to the plants so nitrogen deficiencies can be nipped in the bud with one or two doses then back on to the Grow.

These girls get very hungry when it comes to soil & organics I've found, and you have zero margin for error Time wise.    Coco & salts are much more forgiving due to the uptake and response time from our inputs and way easier once you get the limited knowledge needed.  

Agreed 

I'd say it was the change in media vs nutrients that saw you happier?

Plants are in 20L of compost week 5 of flower, cuttings of Blues and Discobiscuits I grew from seed last crop. Last crop they smelt alright flowering some smelt nice when you got your nose right in there, like an essence of what they should be. Dried and cured buds are pretty bland, only one plant really was nice.

This crop been exactly the same except even worse deficiencies. My bottle of Biobizz Bloom is almost empty and I read a few peeps here having probs with Biobizz, so I thought I'll just try a bottle of Growers Ark Soil Bloom.

Gave the plants two or three feeds and they started to stink to high fucking Heaven, just like every plant I've ever grown with Biobizz back at my old gaff. 

10 hours ago, JJJ said:

@Green demon Probably a stupid question but are you growing in soil or coco?  It's just that you mentioned switching from Biobizz but those seem to be coco nutes, or am I getting this backwards?

I just checked out the 'Growers' Ark' website.  It seems they have a very reasonably priced line of nutes for soil. However, they also mention having to PH.......Very confusing.

Sick of growing shite bud I decided to go the coco route to hopefully just get a nice smoke without drama. I had started vegging my next crop  of Smottie, Alien Gorilla, and Super Skunk in compost but decided to keep them as mums and grew their cuts in coco.

The coco nutes are for them, there's also a bottle of Growers Ark Soil Bloom in the box to see me through this current flowering crop.

Every company mentions pH and I think it's more to cover their back than anything, compost and coco will buffer pH albeit some better than others. I'd recommend testing pH but only to check it isn't crazy. Plants grow slower when it's high or low, to experience problems more severe than that is I've read highly unlikely.

2 people like this

@JJJ just mixed up some Growers Ark First Feed for coco. The bottle recommends 5ml per litre @1-1.4 EC with pH between 6-7.

I used 4ml to get to 0.8 EC which came out to 6.2 PH, added root stim and pH was the same.

Not sure what the Soil Bloom says on the bottle as he gave me Root stim by accident lol At max dose EC was 1.4/6 and pH low 6 so same as the coco, once you know how many mils for each stage set and forget.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Green demon said:

@JJJ just mixed up some Growers Ark First Feed for coco. The bottle recommends 5ml per litre @1-1.4 EC with pH between 6-7.

I used 4ml to get to 0.8 EC which came out to 6.2 PH, added root stim and pH was the same.

Not sure what the Soil Bloom says on the bottle as he gave me Root stim by accident lol At max dose EC was 1.4/6 and pH low 6 so same as the coco, once you know how many mils for each stage set and forget.

Good to know mate.  I'm looking for a new line of nutes myself because I want to use my Blumats next time around.  Bottled organics would just block the lines.  I just don't want to be messing with or even checking PH if possible...:yep:

Edited by JJJ
1 person likes this

Seems like GA would have you covered there mate. I tried looking for info on those Blumats but couldn't find much. Wanted to know how they connect to a res? All the kits I saw had connectors for an outside tap. 

1 person likes this

Growers Ark Shill.

25 minutes ago, highway_017 said:

Growers Ark Shill

Go fuck yourself bellend I work for myself and have done fifteen years.

Have you got to add cal/mg or do they add it there there bloom nutes like plant magic do. On the fence here whether to get GA