Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mitchell68

Yeah you guessed spidermite

26 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, Kipper420 said:

I have a severe spider mite infection.

I just released some lady bird and when the parcel arrives I will be putting preditor mites in too as I'm in flower. Maybe another 4-6 weeks left of flower.

I've gone with persimilis

I looked at the Amblyseius Andersoni but they're more of a prevention from seedling, I also went for the Phytoseiulus Persimilis as supposedly aggressive. From what I've read they'll eat the eggs and young adults but not fully grown adults and as long as area is above 20c won't go dormant  (the others will still work in 4c conditions they say)

I'm looking forward to getting them as going to clean area tonight, shower plants tonight and tomorrow morning in cold water. Put plants back in and wait for the ladybugs 

First time experiment for me I'll see how it goes.

Theyre trying to kill off my greengolds and have started on the red purps. Now it's war.

1 person likes this

It is possible to psychically evict adult spider mite via high pressure water, this can damage some cells in leaves but not anything to cause mold issues IME.  Once the crops done wash down and fumigate the place before the next cycle as well as finding out where they came from in the first place to stop a repeat of the situation. 

Spider mites are total cunts but if you catch them early then can easily be solved with the proper application of a good spray that relies on a physical mode of action.  But as with most things prevention is better than cure, sterilise pots etc, be careful of introducing anything from the outside world without a quarantine or stick observation period.  

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

stick observation period.  

Do what mate?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Kipper420 said:

Do what mate?

Strict ?

1 person likes this

Indeed me too. Just found another mouldy bud.

3 hours ago, mitchell68 said:

Strict ?

thats the one

1 person likes this

@Kipper420 have you made a habitat for them to live and feed in ? 

1 person likes this

No not as such. @mitchell68

I have a place where theres some bedding. (waste substrate) wood chips.

Also some raisins and some watered cotton wool balls for a drink station.

Habitat not really. Chances are they'll fly away eventually anyway.

I released about 12 And can still see some munching spider mites on my buds.

Cant wait to try the preditors now.

4 hours ago, Kipper420 said:

No not as such. @mitchell68

I have a place where theres some bedding. (waste substrate) wood chips.

Also some raisins and some watered cotton wool balls for a drink station.

Habitat not really. Chances are they'll fly away eventually anyway.

I released about 12 And can still see some munching spider mites on my buds.

Cant wait to try the preditors now.

Released 12 !! Think I may of over ordered and got 2000 :wallbash: I'm covering 2 x 1.2x1.2x2 m tents, you can keep them in the fridge apparently and they ho dormant. Not sure wife will like that idea.

I'm going to use a small propagator as a house and same as you wood chippings and sea sponge that's wet not dripping. 

I took all mine out the tent, wiped leaves whilst plant upside down, cold showered them and left in bathroom till this morning (wife & kids away) putting the plants back on the support net is a nightmare and one of wappas (which I topped 3 times) has 4 main colas all flopping about :(

They definitely dont look happy all 4 plants and reckon I've set myself back a week due to all the man handling.

Forgot spider mites bite as worked in a commercial growers about 35 yrs ago picking cucumbers and use to get bit by them then when in/out the plants.

Just spoke to ppl on phone who are sending the phytoseiulus persimilis and she said to spray plants with horticulture soap on Wednesday latest and release them Thursday. No habitat needed at all