Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Johna60

Looking for advice on a vape, 1st time.

20 posts in this topic

Hi

I really dont want to smoke baccy with my weed and fancy getting a vape.  I know nothing about them and worried about throwing money way on something not suitable.  I would mainly smoke on my own at home, and the occasional festival or gig. I dont have lots of money to buy top of the range but do want something that works well and is easy to use. Any suggestions of a decent vape for my needs and where to purchase would be much appreciated.  Oh and what to avoid :)

Can hash be smoked in a vape?

Don't know about hash but I have a 'Herbstick Relax'.  About £50 and does the trick.  Good battery life but gets a little hot in the hand if you're filling it back-to-back.

Pax 2 is what I use, love it to bits, cost a lil over £100 but well worth it.

Not sure if you can put hash in Pax's oven but some one on here will :)

I waited till there was a sale to buy a vape, I got a boundless I only use it for vaping hash, also got a volcano for vaping bud, quite expensive but I have sure had my monies worth from both over the last 2 years

1 hour ago, Johna60 said:

Can hash be smoked in a vape?

Not really, no.  I've tried a few times and it's just a waste of hash tbh.

My first vape was an arizer solo, still not a bad choice for a budget starter.  I'd avoid the cheap vapes out there, they just don't do it right.  Get a decent vape and it'll last you years.

1 person likes this

I have become a cheerleader for the Sapphire vape. So cheap yet so satisfying, especially through the bong adapter.

Obviously it's not the best vape in the world but maybe it's the best value.

At the lower end of the price scale, I can vouch for the Dynavap "M" - works with a lighter (one of those blowtorch style ones work best), clever clicky mechanism (not really useable if the music is loud however!) my wife quit spliffs with one of these last year £65

Also The Spirit Vaporizer is good, very portable, discreet and is powered by 18650 battery, which is handy for me as my eliquid vapes all use them £109

Our daily driver is still the Arizer Solo though, with the bent tube (straight one didn't work right, may have been a one off issue)... weed can get a little toasted at the bottom nearest the heat but is easy to clean - glass though, so it will break eventually (we've gone through 3 I think). £99 + £10 for spare glass tube!

I would happily recommend all three of those for someone looking to get their first but I haven't used many others (we'll be busting out the Volcano again when this crop is cooked though! It's a great session device but not very discreet at all haha). Oh, hash holders (a kind of metal mesh matrix) are available for the Spirit - it comes with a concentrates mesh, which works well also. FWIW we're vaping hash mixed in ABV (Already Been Vaped) currently while we're waiting on this harvest. It does the trick.

4 people like this

Another vote for the Vapcap here

After a few unsuccessful attempts at trying to switch with other vapes the Vapcap is the vape that worked for me 

4 people like this

23 hours ago, Absurdist said:

I have become a cheerleader for the Sapphire vape. So cheap yet so satisfying, especially through the bong adapter.

Obviously it's not the best vape in the world but maybe it's the best value.

It looks pretty much identical to the Spirit (which I like a LOT) - minus the granular temp control, so for the half the price, I'd be very tempted to get one of these for a first vape if you want battery powered portable  @Johna60

Posted (edited)

Vapecap recommendation too. The Dynavap m is great. I have a herbalaire tabletop vape and I use the dynavap most of the time. 

You can buy adapters for bongs and glass rigs for it too so you can water cool the vape.

be prepared for a different high from vaping. I always recommend people switching between smoking and vaping take a break before the switch. It’s a different high, takes a little longer to come on and is less rapid than smoking, some people seem to struggle with this and think they aren’t getting as high, they are, it’s just different.

Edited by Cursed
5 people like this

Another vapcapper here. I have a solo also but the vapcap hits the spot harder, I Would say a small learning curve to get best from it but dead easy to use. 

1 person likes this

The hardest thing I’ve found about the dynavap is finding a decent wind proof lighter that doesn’t break after 5 minutes. lol

at home is use the gas hob to heat it.

1 person likes this

Dynavap sounds good, maybe I should have got it.... 

I have the Black Widow. Works well, the different temp settings mean you can work your way slowly through your load. 

I keep all of my vaped remains and have them on toast with butter. Works a treat. I like being able to use my waste products, bonus. 

1 person likes this

On 19/06/2019 at 11:09 PM, unity said:

Not really, no.  I've tried a few times and it's just a waste of hash tbh.

I put hash in my vaporizer all the time, you just have to sandwich it between two layers of bud, which works much better than just putting the hash straight in on it's own.

2 people like this

8 hours ago, Cursed said:

The hardest thing I’ve found about the dynavap is finding a decent wind proof lighter that doesn’t break after 5 minutes. lol

at home is use the gas hob to heat it.

Induction is bestest imo but I also use single dual and triple flame torches, depending on my mood and setting.

A Maxim 3 flame is the champ of my collection (search ebay for maxim Triple Turbo 3 lighter) 

The local shop has Prof branded singles and duals @ £2 - £4ish which are good value in my experience (and can also be found on the auction site) 

Honest are another good brand ime, the Honest BC450-1 is my favourite dual if you don't mind spending a little more ($6.50 from Fasttech) 

You guys probably know to use quality butane already but I'm still gonna say it 

You gotta use quality butane with these things :) otherwise they'll only last one or 2 fills before they get clogged up with the impurities and stop working 

I usually look for the Near Zero Impurities label when buying

1 person likes this