Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Brent

Autoflower

I am thinking of changing to autoflower. I have always used feminised seeds and grow with biobizz. I am wondering what nutrients I will need for autoflower and feeding table? Thanks for any help in advance..

@Brent hiya,

I use Plant Magic and run both Autos and Fems. For Autos I start off at half strength and build up to two thirds and a bit...

Some biobizz peeps and auto peeps will know more. :smartass:

GL with the Autos. :lucky:

1 person likes this

Welcome ..... you found the right part of UK240 , now you need to browse the topics below and get confused about all the different type of nutes used and when.... then eventually make up your own mind after digesting it all.  Its a good way to find out how the site works ... think about doing a grow diary ... you will get lots of useful feedback as you post the progress. 

3 people like this

My grow has been good so far ans I used biobizz light mix with fox farm trio nutrients.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Stay with the photos in my opinion lol

But nutes is nutes arnt they? Stick with what you already use 

Not too sure how autoflowers work but if photos work for you I think timeframe is pretty much the same anyway with a 30day veg and autos arnt as good a smoke surely with that lowryder in there 

Plus you have the option of taking cuttings your gonna lose that if you switch to autos 

Edited by michaeldbc
1 person likes this

Forgot to add that I only used 1/4 strength of what was recommended.

7 hours ago, michaeldbc said:

Stay with the photos in my opinion lol

But nutes is nutes arnt they? Stick with what you already use 

Not too sure how autoflowers work but if photos work for you I think timeframe is pretty much the same anyway with a 30day veg and autos arnt as good a smoke surely with that lowryder in there 

You can grow 10oz plants in ten weeks from seed with a photo?

That you mention lowryder........have you time travelled from the year 2000? 

If you backcross away from a plant, say a dozen times, what %of  the original do you think it has? It's so small it irrelevant, like fractions of a percent.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Autos have come a long way.  If I remember correctly, the original Lowriders were about 40% Ruderalis.  These were small plants with lower potency.  A number of generations down the line and things have changed significantly.  The strain I'm currently growing (Sweet Gelato Auto) is a 5th generation strain.  They've managed to practically breed out the ruderalis now - only 0.8%.  So really, it's more or less a photo with the added bonus of shorter growing time.  THC levels are 18-23% if grown well.

I'm using Biobizz Fish-mix and Bloom with some cal/mag and they're loving it.  I went straight in with 1ml per L and no issues.

Edited by JJJ
3 people like this

1 hour ago, JJJ said:

Autos have come a long way.  If I remember correctly, the original Lowriders were about 40% Ruderalis.  These were small plants with lower potency.  A number of generations down the line and things have changed significantly.  The strain I'm currently growing (Sweet Gelato Auto) is a 5th generation strain.  They've managed to practically breed out the ruderalis now - only 0.8%.  So really, it's more or less a photo with the added bonus of shorter growing time.  THC levels are 18-23% if grown well.

I'm using Biobizz Fish-mix and Bloom with some cal/mag and they're loving it.  I went straight in with 1ml per L and no issues.

I'm not against autos not 1 bit iv considered them a few times myself for outdoors but il always be of the opinion photos are better for many reasons

Cuttings this alone is a winner 

Crop security ( can't have anything go wrong with autos without it hurting big) 

With photos it's just a hickup and add a little recovery time still be fat buds at the end 

Maybe nobody else agrees with me on the ruderalis but as an example if I could smoke some pukka blues or the same strain but an auto version so blues vs blues auto I would never pick up that bag of blues auto first ..id definitely smoke it I'm not a hater lol just I'd smoke the photo first everytime 

And Blackpool bouncer if you travelled back in time and Adolf Hitler was your great great great grandad would it still be insignificant? Fractions of a % can have huge effects the ruderalis is there could show it's headache inducing little face anytime not saying it will.but if he sticks with photos it definitely won't 

I'm not trying to shit on autos they definitely serve a purpose and they do many many people very well but if he's doing fine with photos I have more arguments for staying with photos then I do for switching to autos .

Calling a spade a spade is what I do lol

Sorry not sorry if iv annoyed anybody but I think stick with the photos lol

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, michaeldbc said:

I'm not against autos not 1 bit iv considered them a few times myself for outdoors but il always be of the opinion photos are better for many reasons

Cuttings this alone is a winner 

Crop security ( can't have anything go wrong with autos without it hurting big) 

With photos it's just a hickup and add a little recovery time still be fat buds at the end 

Maybe nobody else agrees with me on the ruderalis but as an example if I could smoke some pukka blues or the same strain but an auto version so blues vs blues auto I would never pick up that bag of blues auto first ..id definitely smoke it I'm not a hater lol just I'd smoke the photo first everytime 

And Blackpool bouncer if you travelled back in time and Adolf Hitler was your great great great grandad would it still be insignificant? Fractions of a % can have huge effects the ruderalis is there could show it's headache inducing little face anytime not saying it will.but if he sticks with photos it definitely won't 

I'm not trying to shit on autos they definitely serve a purpose and they do many many people very well but if he's doing fine with photos I have more arguments for staying with photos then I do for switching to autos .

Calling a spade a spade is what I do lol

Sorry not sorry if iv annoyed anybody but I think stick with the photos lol

Nobody said that  autos were better than photos. I myself would love to grow regulars. However, I'm not in a position to have my grow set up for any longer than three months, and timing the dark period with my working hours just isn't possible.  I'm sure this is the same with many hobbyist growers.  

All we're saying is that autos are a perfectly good option if they suit you.  And granted; mistakes set them back and affect the final yield but if you get it right, they can produce some perfectly acceptable bud. :hippy:

Edited by JJJ
2 people like this

Just now, JJJ said:

Nobody said that  autos were better than photos. I myself would love to grow regulars. However, I'm not in a position to have my grow set up for any longer than three months, and timing the dark period with my working hours just isn't possible.  I'm sure this is the same with many hobbyist growers.  

All we're saying is that autos are a perfectly good option if they suit you.  And granted; mistakes set them back and affect the final yield but if you get it right, they can produce some perfectly acceptable bud. :hippy:

I agree 100% mate but the op has already had success with his photos he asked about nutes with autos which I answered as vague as possible because I don't really know lol nutes is nutes haha 

Just wanted to chuck my 2pence in about not switching because I really do think he will regret it photos are definitely more user friendly 

Don't think I'd ever want to grow autos I like photos but if I was to run a few I'd want to be a much much more experienced grower before I let them in the grow room I feel there better suited to time served growers who can fix problems before they even become problems if you know what I mean. 

1 slip up and your crying if your next few months smoke and electricity bill is dependent on your success.

1 person likes this

So. I can still use allmix and my biobizz? Just smaller doses? I'm using a platinum p450 in a 1.2. Will this be sufficient for auto flower?