Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wa10

Cheap-ish Vape

Looking for a cheap, portable dry herb vape to take with me to festivals. New to vaping (smoked for a while, but I can't roll for toffee, and as I don't smoke tobacco I'd rather cut out the combustion entirely if I can).

Cheap mainly because for festival use it's very likely to get lost/broken - I've got a fair few quid on an Amazon voucher though, so wouldn't mind spending a bit more on one from there as it wouldn't cost me any "real" money.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. :)

Cheers!

Depends what you call cheap, but sadly the cheaper they are the least you get out of them and a bad vape could put you off vaping completely. I recently bought a boundless Tera, and even though it's big for a portable it's pretty hardy and hits well. Before that I had a Storm and a spirit from vapefiend which worked well. 

Good idea to stick to vaping, you'll use less and be far healthier. Good luck. 

1 person likes this

You still have to get the herb through the gate .... from what my kids tell me most people at festivals are using rosin or oil in normal vapes .  Really not what they are looking for . 

I use an arizer solo2 after trying several of the cheaper models .  Cheap means lack of temperature control, non ceramic heater, burnt offerings, clogging with oil, and feeling like your chugging on the thickest milkshake ever along with a frustrated high .... all to varying degrees. Read up on the reviews but in my opinion you have to fork out at least £100 for a decent  imvho

1 person likes this

£57 on Amazon too, so you can use your voucher.

I haven't used it but for the money it looks great.

1 person likes this

I'd second the Sapphire - it is simple to use, easy to fill, has 5 temp levels, a secure magnetic fixed top, it fits in your hand/pocket and vapes really well... The Sapphire is the newer, cheaper version of the Storm - based on what I have read - I have no ref though as I never owned a storm, so I can't say if spending double the money will get you a vape doubly as good!

I recently got one - trying to stop the tobacco intake - and I'm very happy with it... Another member put "uk420" in the offer code and got a few quid off as well... Can't do better than that! Oh! You can, because you're also supporting one of the sponsors!

:v:

1 person likes this

How about a butane vape?

There's the ....Vapcap, Vapman, Lotus, Stickybrick Dreamwood, Vaporgenie, Vaponic ....

1 hour ago, Slugums said:

I'd second the Sapphire 

Third from me. The sapphire is a genuinely satisfying vape that just happens to also be the cheapest.

I bought one to tide me over while my grasshopper has yet another holiday in Colorado and am very satisfied with it.

1 person likes this

Thanks folks, the Sapphire it is then. :)

Happy to give my tokens to a site sponsor, and was looking at probably £50 or so anyway, so will get an order in now. The Amazon voucher can be kept for the inevitable useless junk, haha!

In fact, order is now in! One Sapphire, plus resin capsule, for the princely sum of £49.99 using code 420 at the checkout. Not sure if I'll use the capsule, but given it was effectively free using the voucher I figured why not...

1 person likes this

Amazing service from Vape Fiend, ordered late on Monday evening and in my hand by lunchtime today. :)

Fully charged and tried a couple of tokes just to see how it works...well, wow. Literally popped maybe 0.25g into it loosely broken up as I had no grinder to hand, fantastic vape and a lovely buzz on the middle heat setting. Lovely taste through it too, so much more pleasant than burnt weed. Right decision definitely made, can't wait to get home later to try it out properly. 

1 person likes this

Salutations,

On 6/10/2019 at 0:21 PM, wa10 said:

...cheap, portable...

Ask manufacturers if those 2 features combine readily, while cost and format ain't really a fator unless it's meant to fix fundamentally flawed designs anyway...

...to take with me to festivals...

Ah, then it's got to be "stealthy" too!  Of course.

...very likely to get lost/broken...

M'well, in that case i'd answer you'll have to invent it and then assume the rest.  For example in my province it's "legal" to consume out of the sight of children only if/when located at least 9 meters away from any doors or windows, in a "designated" area which i still wonder if there's any in a real city...  So much for a need to remain stealthy:  e.g. that ain't a determining factor considering the actual context.

Affordability is no serious challenge at all, just pick the right strategy and stick to what suits you best.  For me the need to include Inlet Water just eliminated all junk from a "Hot Dry Air Ovenizer" market, "cheap or otherwise", clean-burning butane is all the option that's left only because i can foresee a migration to distilled water, eventually, when manufacturers are ready - don't hold your breath...  On another hand i can submit to your attention today a solution shich also happens to be most efficient in terms of bowl size/weight vs satisfaction, to put it shortly;  in addition, it's also a scenario where base components from a broken unit can be easily refurbished to restore function again:

large.5d0123b7295b0_EgzosetsCust.VGClassic-EarlyPrimitivePHpath(2019-Jun-12)640x480.PNG

Lets have a look directly INSIDE the VaporGenie Classic.  Anything there that can't be replaced unless the guy is all thumbs??

Not to mention additional features can be added to Dan Steinber's original design, for example what i call "PinHoles" à la VapMan (as shown above).

large.5cf7800c84118_EgzosetsCust.VGPipe-Int.ClassicHandleThumbPHRoute(2019-Jun-1)400x300.PNG

Or even On-Top Core-PinHole paths to cause a major shift of dynamics for operators not gifted with olympian skills and lungs to match:

large.5cfe947355e47_EgzosetsCust.VGSpherewithDualOn-TopPinHolePaths(2019-Jun-6)320x300.PNG

Above it's a partly-dissasembled view on the bowl's bottom after it was forcibly removed from a Classic Aluminium unit (the best option in terms of maintenance & reclaims), below we can begin to envision how fresh air injection performed directly between an herbal bowl and its associated heat source makes the product much more "inclusive" relatively to a genuine VG pipe:

large.5c8efbf995c03_Egzosets6thYearEd.ofCust.VGPipegotOn-TopCore-PH!(2019-Mar-17)400x400.PNG

It's most affordable anyway, it wouldn't cost a bunch just to acquire a better understanding of important basics by exploring it with very modest tools, inside out...

large.5a8bda80c9b3f_CorePathwithWoodBallRemoved-Labelled(2016-Apr-20)300x400.PNG

large.5a8bda7939bcf_SimplifiedMonoblocRemoval-Labelled(2016-Apr-20)300x400.PNG

In any case here's where our common challenging goal truly resides:

large.5a6907a7e8ac2_Trichomes-ClearvsAmber(2015-Nov-28)400x300.PNG

It's easy enough to realize that trichomes are the most cost-efficient "filtering" method conceivable once informed that their resinous glands actually collect the goodies on a molecular basis at the site of genesis...

Most unfortunately in today's world of Big Mari-Caca consumers also face Self-VILIFICATION phenomenons as early harvests, "Tumbled Weed" or other mechanical processing, undetectable pesticides infusing through vegetal substrate and more.

large.5a6907b0522db_Trichomes-GoodvsEvil(2017-Oct-11)400x300.PNG

For such tougher cases it may seem convenient to shuffle everything into a black-box system then ovenize everything in hope the output still provides some satisfaction auto-magically, with confidence boosted with a Volcano-grade price-tag if your budget will allow it...

Personally i felt compelled to pursue the logical conclusion of some preliminary exploration:  to target Mother Nature's gift via "The Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation" by targeting trichomes in "Pulsed" mode.  It was quite a ride but i've cleared the way so others can enjoy the same features without the agravation.  You only need to belong to the "handy" class of guys who can carve wood, etc.  To top it all clean-burning butane provides the Inlet Water i require until i'm ready to switch to butane-free scenarios (using electromagnetic Induction Heat in a "Bi-Energy" context would be nice).

Etc., etc.

Good day, have fun!!  :oldtoker: