Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hopsarecannabistoo

first time growing. does this look ok?

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, JJJ said:

It's not that it's pot-bound in the sense that a regular plant becomes pot-bound (roots circling - packed with roots) but the taproot grows rally fast.

I've seen the tap-root poking out the bottom of a jiffy pellet only hours after she broke ground.

You want to avoid disturbing the roots of an auto at all cost.  It could and probably would add unnecessary stress to the delicate seedling and will ultimately result in a smaller plant with a significantly smaller yield.

The trick to growing autoflowers is to provide them with a stress-free start to life. hence the reason for not potting up in stages as you would with a regular strain.  Many growers even start them off in their final pots to avoid these issues altogether. However, this carries risks of its own, such as the chance of over watering and slightly slower growth from the beginning.

Make sure to wet the soil in the little pot and let it sit for a few hours before attempting to remove it.

I recently started using these little nursery pouches.  They're great - just transplant them directly without disturbing the roots and let the roots grow right through them.

If you are going to use a starter pot, 0.5L is about right.  That way you can be looking to get them potted up from around the 10 day mark without causing too much if any stress.

I hope this helps.

cheers well im new to this im used to potting up twice. i have ordered some reggae roots as i heard it can stop transplant shock 

Edited by Hopsarecannabistoo
1 person likes this

also aubergine taproots grow like crazy too 

17 minutes ago, Hopsarecannabistoo said:

i have ordered some reggae roots as i heard it can stop transplant shock 

A bag Micorriza Fungi from Homebase for under a fiver would have done the job but ho-hum.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

didnt even know homebase still existed last i heard of them was about 10 years ago lol just looked on homebases website, it says they dont deliver :\ 

Edited by Hopsarecannabistoo

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Hopsarecannabistoo said:

didnt even know homebase still existed last i heard of them was about 10 years ago lol just looked on homebases website, it says they dont deliver :\ 

There's a Homebase in pretty much every reasonably sized town and city. :blub:  You'll get the stuff in B&Q or any garden centre.  Amazon/Fleabay - they all sell it.

Edited by JJJ

i will know this for the future lol