Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ranec

Ranec's 1st grow - reaching Critical Mass (CBD)

40 posts in this topic

with my loft tent set up and ready to grow its about time I started my first diary :D

Around the 1st May i dropped my Dinafem Critical Mass CBD seed into water and popped it into a mini heated propagator. 24h later and it'd cracked and the tap root was starting to emerge so i placed it carefully into a rootit sponge and placed the lot into my temporary veg cabinet.

large.IMG_20190505_111346.jpg 

she had some difficulties throwing her shell off so after a day or two i eased it off and left her to get on with things - unfortunately i hadn't noticed that a bit of shell pith was still clinging on and this prevented the cotyledons from properly opening for another day or two before i worked up the courage to cut them free with a razor blade :bored:

now 5 days from germination shes starting to spread her wings a bit -

large.IMG_20190505_111403.jpg

shes not coming on as quick as I'd have liked but i suspect i may have left her in the closed heated prop for a little too long, plus the closed cupboard with no ventilation is hardly a perfect environment - will definitely have to have to work out something better for next time :g:

plan is to let her settle into the rootit sponge, then once she's happy move her into a 4" rockwool cube and hand water for a bit before dropping her in the NFT tray...

super excited (and a little nervous) to finally have my first grow on the go - looking forward to some home grown weed in T minus 12-16 weeks and counting :skin_up:

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Grew critical mass CBD myself. Not sure of what seedbank but out of the three seeds I had sprout (out of 4) I had two real nice plants and one that was so airy that you'd never want to grow it again.

Lost one of the CBD phenos I had, mixup with labelling clones so am left with the one pheno.

Medium height growth, very branchy so needs a good trimming before 12/12. Rock hard buds, you look at a plant and guess its an ounce yield and it turns out into 2 plus oz.

Smoke is wonderful. Great for pain relief and had some success with migraines. Although its not the most potent smoke the high itself is more up and its not a couch lock unless you smoke a couple of joints. Very unusual taste, smells kind of sickly though very subtle. Tastes smooth. Makes a great extract, be it hash, oil or rosin.

The pheno I lost was fruity and more potent that the one I have left.

I will certainly grow it out again and now I always like to have some CBD/THC bud in my stash.

good luck bud.

Edited by MyDisplayName2000
grammer - ooops, I mean grammar.
4 people like this

Thanks @MyDisplayName2000, I'm planning to grow a few different 1:1 strains over my next few runs and see which suits my tastes - I'll keep my fingers crossed for a fruity pheno tho, sounds like just the kinda thing I'm looking for :yep:

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

@Ranec Thank you so much for getting your Dinafem diary up and running my friend  :yep: and thank you for choosing our genetics for your first grow. That's super cool :)

I've not seen a Critical Mass CBD grow in sometime so this is going to be interesting  :)

Critical Mass CBD was one of our first CBD strains in collaboration with the CBD crew. Look at where we are today. With over 20 high CBD strains available in both Auto and photo format :)

Best of luck with the grow mate :yep:

I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
1 person likes this

Thanks @Dinafem-Mark but this diary may be short lived - my seedling seems to have stalled so I'm going to give her a few days to hopefully get on with growing (whilst I research seed propagation and environment), but as it is it looks like she might be taking an early trip to the great compost heap in the sky... :ermm:

1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, Ranec said:

it looks like she might be taking an early trip to the great compost heap in the sky... :ermm:

That's not the best news my friend  :(

Look out for a PM mate as we really want to see what you can do with our CBD strains  ;)

Pm incoming  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

1 person likes this

I'm gonna wrap this diary up now and start afresh once I figure out why my seedling stalled - a thread to that effect can be found here...

Big thanks to @Dinafem-Mark for his support via pm and the very generous offer of free seeds to get this diary back up and rolling - rest assured that once I can can get a seedling to start successfully I'll be back with a Critical Mass CBD grow (as well as a few other Dinafem strains I've already got stashed away) to test they're resilience with my currently non-existant nft skills lol

1 person likes this

@Ranec it was my pleasure my friend  ;)

I'm sure we will see you back very soon with your next Dinafem grow :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

1 person likes this

I grew Dinafem Critical Mass CBD recently. An obliging plant and a very nice smoke.

There is a short report and  a few pics in the LED Grows section.

I have a Dinafem Industrial Plant Auto CBD almost ready for the chop now. Be interesting to see how it compares.

BG

2 people like this

On 11/05/2019 at 8:39 PM, Bubba Goat said:

I grew Dinafem Critical Mass CBD recently. An obliging plant and a very nice smoke.

There is a short report and  a few pics in the LED Grows section.

I have a Dinafem Industrial Plant Auto CBD almost ready for the chop now. Be interesting to see how it compares.

BG

Could you drop back in when our Industrial plant Auto CBD is completed as we would love your thoughts on the end product  ;)

I'll have to drop by the LED section to check out your Grow  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

12/12 update

Talk about taking a beating and coming back stronger than ever :boxing:  this little Critical Mass CBD has not only survived the worst of my TLC, but has also thrown out a profusion of pistals and side shoots :skin_up:

Let me just rewind for a minute and see how we got to where we are now tho.....

Week 1 and in the flower tent

After a couple of weeks vegging away happily in the new veg cab I decided to  move her into the flowering tent in the loft

large.IMG_20190612_182328.jpg

My tap water is ec zero and pH 8 so I started with a mix of 10ml calmag, 80ml ionic hydro grow and 10ml silver bulliet roots in 20 litres of water

And away she grew......

large.IMG_20190621_085314.jpg

After another fortnight I decided to drop the training cage and start tucking

large.IMG_20190628_111025.jpg

Which brings us neatly to our most recent update - flipping to 12/12.  Timers have been changed and nutes will stay the same this week before I start to replace grow with bloom and possibly add a little liquid silicon to keep things solid.  Res temps are still high at 20-26ish but the silver bullets seems to be doing the trick :yep:

Gonna sign off this update with my fav pic of the grow so far, my first cheeky upskirt shot taken after a bit of light defoliation lol

large.IMG_20190628_111037.jpg

2 people like this

@Ranec What a nice recovery  :yep:

Time for this CBD rich Dinafem girl to enter bloom  :headbang:

Thanks for such a detailed write up mate  :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

2 people like this

Thanks Mark, it was a close thing but she' seems desperate to bloom so who am I to stop her lol

First week of flowering was with the usual grow nutes, for the second week I mixed up 10ml calmag, 10ml silver bullits, 10ml liquid silicon and 60ml Ionic hydro grow with 20ml hydro bloom in 20l of water and she's drinking it like nobody's business :beer: Will probably mix up an additional 10l at half the usual strength so I can keep her topped up...

Leaves and stems are starting to get seriously sticky and stinky now :toot:

large.IMG_20190708_203550_20190708205651787.jpg

4 people like this

For just 10 day's into bloom your getting some nice flowers being formed and trichome production looks to have kicked in ;)

Nice work my friend  :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

1 person likes this

21 days later

And my girl is still flowering away happily :D

Res change came with a free trim this week, it's too little too late but I've learned my my lesson for next time - it's never too early to start training :yep: Nutes were 10ml calmag, 10mp Silver Bullets and 5ml liquid silicon with 20ml of grow and 60ml of bloom iñ 20l of water, res temps are still rather high at 23 - 25°c but she's pushing on nicely.

Slowly started to collect bits and pieces ready for harvest and the subsequent clean down as well as think about ways to modify my system and environment ready for the next run.

Buds are fattening up nicely and the smell and frost are building with it :punk:

large.2100099295.jpg

3 people like this