Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ananda

Splinter Z - which 510 mod?

86 posts in this topic

Most of the time I just dib the tip in my tin to fill the bowl altho I get a faster more even extraction from a loose pack or straw fill 

2 people like this

22 hours ago, Barry Quest said:

@vapefiend no worries, happy tweaking. Looks like I'll be putting another Splinter order in with you very soon. Thought I was done with the Z, but I keep eyeing up the blackwood V2 and after the comparison analogy from @Hippie on hill, I think I need it :g:

As it heats faster, would you say it's more suitable for 'sipping'?

I want to be able to take short little hits, like a quick drag on a joint in the middle of other tasks...

Nice sticky fire button btw :)

The Splinter is definitely better for sipping than the Z, but it does still need a 5 second pre-heat at first to get the heater up to temp.

1 person likes this

@Barry Quest thanks, good tips there. :)

Only just noticed @Hippie on hill. Thanks man. :)  You both confirmed it for me. I am getting better results now with it looser and a lower temp too.

1 person likes this

I definitely had been packing the basket too tight, and I was using a higher temp to sort of compensate (I now realise). Since I have been packing it looser I have lowered the temp from 215c to 185c and the whole thing is much better. Also I am getting way more stoned, which doesn't make sense really. I have been vaping high CBD weed and just thought it was weak, apparently not. If I am feeling flush in the future I will probably get the "Z". I am definitely getting a Vapcap too, lol. I also bought the Xl8R stem, it's back in stock.

2 people like this

@ananda Glad to hear you're getting better results. If the basket is over-filled there'll be less heated air evenly passing through the bud.

1 hour ago, ananda said:

Since I have been packing it looser I have lowered the temp from 215c to 185c and the whole thing is much better. Also I am getting way more stoned, which doesn't make sense really.

The temp setting is regulating the heat of the coil, not the heat of the air hitting the bud. It's relative to other variables such as draw velocity, moisture content and packing technique. If the air is flowing more freely, the velocity of air passing over the coil will be greater - more power will be going into the coil to maintain the same coil temp. 

I was too excited to see the XL8R stems back in stock. Mine have just been delivered, can't wait to get home from work and test them out. Vapefiend's cooling mouthpiece works well but is a right bugger to clean. And I like to keep my kit clean! 

The Vapcap is a must for any vape head IMO. Bit of a learning curve with that one too but I'll never forget the first time I got it to hit right. A really aggressive monster of a hit that had me shaking my head in disbelief... 0.1g just did that to me?! Get one, you won't be sorry :king:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Barry Quest I know you are right about the other variables but it's kind of my point too, there is no way I could set it at 215c now I am packing it looser, if you get me? I take the set temp with a pinch of salt.

My XL8R should have arrived by now too, I must have bought it just as it came in stock. I think the cooling stem might work better but it looks awful and like you say, hard to clean. I think the XL8R looks quite cool, I hope so anyway. I don't have any problems with the short stem actually, but had to get this, lol.

I started watching videos of the Dynavap and knew I would have to get one. I am waiting for the 2019 "M" to come back in stock. :) 

Edited by ananda
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

One down side to the VC.. its to easy.. i dont have time to get to me other vapes lol 

eta.. psss Omni!

Edited by stickyblack
2 people like this

On 5/17/2019 at 11:27 PM, stickyblack said:

eta.. psss Omni!

Stop it  lol 

I've got the M shadow, was about to get the Ti woody for faster heat-up times... is the Omni condenser really worth the extra £?

Loving the long XL8R with the Splinter Z... perfection! :oldtoker:

2 people like this

I just tried the 2019 M and it blew my head off, lol. Just one pull. I had been watching vids and had some idea how to heat it (maybe a bit too high) and some idea of how to use the carb/port, had a bit of beginners luck and it worked amazingly well. So, yea. Love this one as well. Been a good few vape buyin weeks, :hippy:

2 people like this

Yep, with a Splinter and Dynavap I have found amazing products...and they were both just a matter of going with my gut and taking the chance. The chance paid off. :)

I am still more stoned from this than I remember being on the Z in the last few days, lol.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

@Barry Quest  I can get the same rips both with SS and Ti, both down to tec. But to anyone that loves the SS original; Would highly recommend trying the Omni just to see how DV exceed their already amazing bit of engineering. Feels nicer in the hand, very light, once the airflow on the mouthpeice is set it freehand, no feathering of the port hole.. But just like the 18m & Shadow, its paid itself off in no time.

Its a great bit of kit eh @ananda .. As mentioned before, an induction heater is a game changer. Did ya pick up a silicon mouth peice? This fits snug on a 14mm joint.

Edited by stickyblack
1 person likes this

Would love an induction heater bit no rush, maybe Dynavap themselves will have one by then. Forgot the rubber thing... it lools crazy in water lol (YouTube). 

On 17/05/2019 at 11:27 PM, stickyblack said:

One down side to the VC.. its to easy.. i dont have time to get to me other vapes lol 

eta.. psss Omni!

This has happened to me already in one day... 

Erm, any suggestions of where to find an Induction Heater please? :)