Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Owderb

Your fishing day

2,408 posts in this topic
Thats what its all about mate :smug:

362564[/snapback]

hope to get out myself during the weekend havent had a carp since bout january

bugger!

peppi :soap:

the canals are beckonning me to them now ;) the sun is starting to come out. i'm well in need of a lazy day of fuck-all, sittin there on a sunlounger with a pole, a pint of pinkies, coolbox of beer and weed. perfection :(

plus i get FOUR months off for my summer hols from college in a week or two, so that should give me plenty fishing time :soap:;)

punky :smug:

the canals are beckonning me to them now lol the sun is starting to come out. i'm well in need of  a lazy day of fuck-all, sittin there on a sunlounger with a pole, a pint of pinkies, coolbox of beer and weed. perfection ;)

plus i get FOUR months off for my summer hols from college in a week or two, so that should give me plenty fishing time :wassnnme:  :ouch:

punky  :rolleyes:

362618[/snapback]

likewise matey

got a trip to are local canal planned for this week gonna do a after tea sesh in search of the 30+ carp that live in there cant wait

peppi :yinyang:

can anyone recomend a cheap-ish waggler rod? its gotto be reasonably strong, but still delicate enuff for use on the canals. want something i can use for canals wen i get bored of me pole and can also use on pools.

cheers guys, tight lines :)

punky :guitar:

hi punky i dont think you can go wrong with a ron thomson waggler full carbon blank about £25/£30 i think there made by svenden sports :guitar:

cheers dude, will have a look :wassnnme:

hi all

i went onto a local canal last night after carp had one run which resulted in me rod flying off the pod into the canal result was a 17-8 mirror love it i havent had one for some time i had this fish before i could get the second rod in the water

peppi ;)

Nice one peppi :headpain:

Went out again to the res today and decided to fish the method.Golden bollocks got it right again resulting in over 20 bream to 4.5lb(I lost count).First time on the method for bream.

This was the view i'd got from my peg

post-6338-1117045992.jpg

And one of inside me net at the end.I didnt want to have em all over the bank so just a quick one of me little darlins.

Also had 3 roach on the boilie which was a surprise

Ah bless :headpain:

post-6338-1117046138.jpg

Nice one peppi lol

First time on the method for bream.

365497[/snapback]

hey up

the method is a real good way of catching all fish tried it myself a couple of years back i used pellets scalded with hot water to this i added all kinds ground up boilies etc this worked a treat on a local water i would get bleeps and the tip bending round which gave you warning that a run was imminent exciting stuff dunno if you have seen those dynamite sticks carp anglers use i bet they would work well on bream

peppi :headpain:

Edited by Peppi

I have seen them P,might give em a try.

Matchmen are picking carp anglers brains and the carpmen are learning from the matchmen which is good. :headpain:

I have seen them P,might give em a try.

Matchmen are picking carp anglers brains and the carpmen are learning from the matchmen which is good. lol

365513[/snapback]

yes your right there coz there does seem to be a bit of a divide between the two and then theres trout and salmon anglers round here where i live its mad i aint shitting you when i say the lake with the cheshire record carp in has a rule

no carp fishing !

can you believe that needless to say peeps poach it and thats how the fish was caught there loads of matches on are local cut weve had run ins with the baliff over use of boilies two rods night fishing the list goes on

peppi :headpain:

nice catch Owderb, wish i could get something like that down here, used to get out loads of bream but havent had one in a couple of years :blub: my fave fish!!

Hydro-Man

hi HM

Yes they are my fave as aswell. :yep:

Fortunately the res I fish is one of the best bream venues in the country :smoke:

Owd :blub:

hi all

i fished the local cut sunday-monday for a grand total of zilch this canal is used by shrimpers and boaties to store there boats when there not at sea they have to lock in and out on the high tide to get in and out there must have been a lot of lock action over the last two bank holidays as the water level in the canal was down about 2 feet under normal conditions theres loads of trees etc in the water but now all the features are high and dry usually your mithered with bream all night long but not now i didnt even have a liner in 24 hours (were do they all go when its like this ?????) it was nice to get out in the fresh air all the same when i got home myself and a mate had to retrieve a motorcycle from the lake down the street( bloody kids round here are savages )ever tried pulling a 500 cc bike out of 2 feet of silt ?? its hard work take it from me

peppi :yinyang:

Edited by Peppi