Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Closet_Master

1200w Closet Madness

62 posts in this topic

Wow !!! I’ve been gardening for years, I’m one of the people who don’t eat and use animal products (I won’t use the V word as it winds people up I find) and i thought I new a lot a lot growing!! 

Youve just made me feel like a little kid lol 

mate that post on how you feed is amazing!! You must be some genius or something. 

You mentioned you checked your water on google? What do I search “Swansea water?” 

Reading that has just made my dinner break a lot better!! Look forward to reading more of your posts this so far is fantastic. 

Your set up looks beautiful too!! Should be in a show home for people to admire its so well built I love that. 

Legend mate fair play. 

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Jammo85 said:

Wow !!! I’ve been gardening for years, I’m one of the people who don’t eat and use animal products (I won’t use the V word as it winds people up I find) and i thought I new a lot a lot growing!! 

Youve just made me feel like a little kid lol 

mate that post on how you feed is amazing!! You must be some genius or something. 

You mentioned you checked your water on google? What do I search “Swansea water?” 

Reading that has just made my dinner break a lot better!! Look forward to reading more of your posts this so far is fantastic. 

Your set up looks beautiful too!! Should be in a show home for people to admire its so well built I love that. 

Legend mate fair play. 

Thanks for the kind words mate. I started off young with intrest in horticulture. Used to help my grandad set up pressure regulated drip irrigation systems when i was small under 10.. used to grow veggies etc etc. Have worked on strawberry farms and had a job in a local hydro store. One thing led to another and i started growing our fav hurb.. took me a while to get to grips with it all.. lots of reading and learning.. one of the best things to understand is no two grows are the same. We could follow each others ideas completely and still end up with diffrent results. I know personally a fair few growers and even when using same feeds and strains share cuttings we still end up scratching heads at diffrent out comes. Im open to experiment with the plants. Il try something diffrent if it works then great if not back to the drawing board. Just get your setup safe and sucure.. keep your hobby to your self. Loose lips sink ships. Get your environment up to scratch then you can really go to town and learn whats besr for you. And the V word aye.. well its welcome here... your choice is your choice if others dont like it fuck um. Lifes to short to worry about others.. a lion cares not for the opinion of sheep... anyway... think this should be what your after. 

https://www.dwrcymru.com/en/In-Your-Area/Water-Quality.aspx

Screen shot your results but blank put ur postcode and post it up il tell you abit about your water if your unsure.. 

Take it steady dude. CM

4 people like this

Ok mate, thanks for the advice!! Really appreciate it. 

Wasnt sure what part you’d need to see so here’s the screen shot and then here’s a link to review of my area water supply 

https://www.dwrcymru.com/pdf-data/WaterQuality_1034 G15_20131231.pdf

thanks for all the time you’ve taken to reply. I’m literally clueless about this plant. I don’t even smoke. I’m growing it to make my own oil for pain relief. I use morphine daily to get to work and I’m just too young for morphine (I’ve been using it for last 5 or 6 years and I’m sick of being off my head on the shit so desperate for something else for pain relief) 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, Jammo85 said:

Ok mate, thanks for the advice!! Really appreciate it. 

Wasnt sure what part you’d need to see so here’s the screen shot and then here’s a link to review of my area water supply 

https://www.dwrcymru.com/pdf-data/WaterQuality_1034 G15_20131231.pdf

thanks for all the time you’ve taken to reply. I’m literally clueless about this plant. I don’t even smoke. I’m growing it to make my own oil for pain relief. I use morphine daily to get to work and I’m just too young for morphine (I’ve been using it for last 5 or 6 years and I’m sick of being off my head on the shit so desperate for something else for pain relief) 

Il run a comparrison to my water report later and give u a heads up if any thing stands out. So many little hidden tricks to this.. i chose to just scrap the tap water all together and go RO. Must be some back issue sounds awfull m8 ...Morphine.. not good.. i went through a phase on tramadol to treat trapped nerves in my early 20s i didnt like it. 

Edited by Closet_Master
2 people like this

Ok mate, that would be amazing, like I said I’m so greatful for any help. What ever time you can spare to write to me I’m very greatful. 

Whats RO? lol I’m not good at any of these terms. 

Learnt so much already from you.

today I’ve made sure the water is the right temp. 

I’ve been working at getting the roots at right temp last few days to see if that stops the yellowing leaves, one plant is still yellow on some

leaves but they all look stronger and greener as if they are taking up the new fertiliser. 

Then I would be adding tap water and that must be shocking the roots, luckily I seen your water post and makes sense now I’ve seen it. 

Is it ok to pour the water into watering Can today put that inside tent and use tomrrow ? 

Or would that water be stale or lost all oxygen being 24 hours old? 

Todays feed I had water 20.1c (I should stop replying on here really as this is your Diary post and I don’t want to fill it up with junk people want to read Your posts not my questions) 

12 hours ago, Jammo85 said:

Ok mate, that would be amazing, like I said I’m so greatful for any help. What ever time you can spare to write to me I’m very greatful. 

Whats RO? lol I’m not good at any of these terms. 

Learnt so much already from you.

today I’ve made sure the water is the right temp. 

I’ve been working at getting the roots at right temp last few days to see if that stops the yellowing leaves, one plant is still yellow on some

leaves but they all look stronger and greener as if they are taking up the new fertiliser. 

Then I would be adding tap water and that must be shocking the roots, luckily I seen your water post and makes sense now I’ve seen it. 

Is it ok to pour the water into watering Can today put that inside tent and use tomrrow ? 

Or would that water be stale or lost all oxygen being 24 hours old? 

Todays feed I had water 20.1c (I should stop replying on here really as this is your Diary post and I don’t want to fill it up with junk people want to read Your posts not my questions) 

Morning m8.. RO is Reverse Osmosis. Its basically a water filtration system. Water is squeezed through filters and memebrains untill all the impurities you see on that water report you posted are eliminated. Not sure if you know much about electrical conductivity EC but its basically a mesurment of the electricsl charge of particles in the water higher the EC the higher the strength of the solution. We add foods to our water to give our plants the problem is the water isnt clean to start with so we have to use a lower strength food rate to battle against the contaminants already in the water. Not sure if you know much about soft/hard water.. soft water is more desirable in plant feeds. Rain/well water is brilliant if you can add an air stone to re-oxygenate it. Hard water is usuallt the stuff that leaves limescale behind on taps/pipes its genreally seen as a pain to growers and usually will cause swings with PH. It will climb as its more alkaline than acidic. Hence why i suggest checking you nutrient solutions PH a few times before you use it. The water i make is very unstable and it is neither acdic or alkaline as it has no particles within it. My job is to first replace the chemicals i remove with chemicals the plant can actually use.. cal/mag this also acts as a buffer for the PH to stick to rather than it being able to swing widely... its prettt complicated but once you get it you get it.. im glad to see your making small changes to your grow.. sometimes its the little changes that make the big differences. I have no issues with you posting here. Something that helps you might help somone else. Oh one last thing. Leaving water out can  be beneficial and the chlorine in your water will evaporate.. ever taste water left out all night. Tastes different dont it. And thats why... the issue you will have is it will lose oxygen. If you leave it out all night before you use it pore it into a bucket then back into the can as it will help re oxygenate it. Also if you make your foods up first.. re check the PH and adjust before you use it every time as it will swing. Hope this helps. Il be posting an update tomoz.. feeding time now so off to do that... 

Take it easy CM

3 people like this

Brilliant info mate!! 

Ok il make sure to get the oxygen back into the day old warmer water! Good tip(again) 

look forward to seeing your next post....like a kid at Christmas excited for it I should say lol

1 person likes this

Plant Update..

So its been a week today I introduced the screens to the girls.. I can honestly report they are working wonders. I have done scrog's in the past, much bigger than the collective I have now but those screens have been fixed and plants fixed to them permanently untill harvest. These static scrog's are brilliant as you can remove them when you see fit and litrally spin your way round them pruning and tucking untill your happy no more back ache or crawling under vast screens for hours of tidy up sessions. Todays training session took 4 hours start to finish.

Last friday the plants in my eyes where totally undesirable to any one else, I had deliberately been giving them higher doses of ammoniacal nitrogen and "bobs your uncle" i got what I wanted : stretchy plants. I then set my screen height for 21" and I Super cropped the plants into place, giving me a starting point to begin training.. I then gave the plants a mini flush and gently upped the wilt gaurd.. (wilt gaurd is a weak pk/13/14 nutrient) - why use this in veg? I hear you say.. these nutrients help with the uptake of water/feed so after needing to flush the ammoniacal nitrogen out I flushed them through and gave them there now normal feed but with a higher rate of potassium and phosphorus just so they could quickly start pulling up the new feed line up and oh boy did they like it.. please bare in mind this is just 1 week and during this week I did another training session.. so 1 week 3 training sessions (day 1 + day 3 + day 7) and the results are mind blowing... there will be growers out there that totally dissagree with my methods as it is High Stress Training and pretty harsh on the girls and some just dont like doing it to there babys but the proof is in the pudding. My ideology is this : my environment isn't the wild and I do not want my plants to grow as they do in the wild. I want them to grow the way I need them to grow to make full use of the enviroment i provide for them so il do what I see fit to ensure the best can be gotten from my artificial climate snd space.

All plants are now showing sexual maturity and they all have female pre flowers on the nodes.

The wilt gaurd will be reduced to normal doses after training is finished. Im now at 2.5ml per 12L of wiltgaurd in veg.

Im also no incorporating negativr DIFF to my temp schedule. The temp for the first 2 hours of each day when lights go on is now cooler than lights off. The cold morning pulse technique. This encorages plants to maintain a shorter internodal length. I will keep this up untill stretch is over in 3rd week of flower when i do the schwazzing on day 20. This is already having a goof effecy and they are pretty tightly stacked when the shoots purk back up out the screen.

Here is a pic diary I've put together over the last week from going from a stretchy plant to a well trained scrog'd plant.

Plant 6 last friday before the screen. 

large.rps20190315_150548.jpg

Plant 6 after supercropping and defol. 

large.rps20190315_150716.jpg

Plant 6, 3 days later with basic day to day tucking. 

large.rps20190315_150813.jpg

plant 6 after mid week training session.

large.rps20190315_150859.jpg
plant 6 - 4 days later with minimalist day to day tucking. Top view (today)

large.rps20190315_151027.jpg

Side view

large.rps20190315_150956.jpg
Plant 6 - todays training and defol session. Half a half view. 

large.rps20190315_151253.jpg

Healed supercrop knuckle. 

large.rps20190315_151150.jpg

4 days since last tuck.. 3 inch tall tightly stacked shoot. large.rps20190315_151457.jpg

A Fully trained and defol'd plant 6

large.rps20190315_151413.jpg

Plant 6 all ready for another 4 day grow session.

large.rps20190315_151602.jpg

And final shot of all 8 ladies trained and naked. 

large.rps20190315_151634.jpg

And there we have it.. first propper update.. next one will be next friday :) all the best CM. 

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

So the purpose of this “training” is to widen the plant so more of the plant gets the light and then there will be more buds at the end? 

Why trim the plant down before doing the “training” 

why not just do the training? 

And thank you for the update!! Been checking every few hours since we last spoke lol 

Edited by Jammo85
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Jammo85 said:

So the purpose of this “training” is to widen the plant so more of the plant gets the light and then there will be more buds at the end? 

Why trim the plant down before doing the “training” 

why not just do the training? 

And thank you for the update!! Been checking every few hours since we last spoke lol 

Usually a scrog would be used in places where there isnt alot of head room. Youd be Keeping the canopy wide and low, youd fill the screen 75% full and then flower using thr plants stretch to fill the rest of the screen, you'd then end up with a dence canopy of 6inch colas. Im not going that route. What im doing is filling the screen 100% but with heavy defol so all the shoots start growing up at the same time getting the same amount of light with no shoot growing bigger than the next, the reason i heavy defol before the training is so i can grow shoots and not fan leaves, i will periodically remove these thorough out the entire grow. This will allow the light to penitrate into my canopy and rather than end up with many 6 inch colas i should end up with 30 12/14 inch colas on each plant thanks to the screen training. I will be doing one more defol and train session in veg i will then be allowing all the shoots to grow upto 6 inches tall, all perfectly uniform and un stretched as having the defol will stop them fighting for light. This mixed with the other techniques im using should allow for an entire 1m W x 2m L of big buds. Last time round i did 8 plants no screen trained 16 tops on each and pulled juat over 36oz from x2 600w lights. Think it was about 1060 grams dry. If this one goes to plan im aiming for 20 per light. Trying to hit my 1100g dry target. Time will tell.. id love to do 1GPW. most of the plants currently have 8 thick branches and ive counted atleast 30 shoots up top as it is.. fingers crossed it goes to plan.. 

Edited by Closet_Master
1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Closet_Master said:

. id love to do 1GPW.

Upgrade to LEDs from dialaduck and you will, I've a micro grow, one plant, best yield using 150 hps = 140g'ish...with 140w led = 172g...:yep:

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Upgrade to LEDs from dialaduck and you will, I've a micro grow, one plant, best yield using 150 hps = 140g'ish...with 140w led = 172g...:yep:

Ive looked into LEDs.. i like the sanlights what would u reccomend for hitting 1100g in my 1m x 2m closet? 8 plants? Ive done 1GPW with a 250 hps with parabolic but that was  with a 1m x1m x 2m grow tent.. 

1 person likes this

Have a word with @Diyleduk (sponsor on here) he'll build a custom rig for you... I've got a set from him and they are smashing it in all depts, quality, growth rate and yield.

@tokenroll and @Arthur Mix have diaries running with his leds...(I'm sure there are others too) more good examples of what these babies can do...

I've been waiting years for the hype and prices to come down with led, always had an inkling they might just overtake all other lighting and it's proving to be the case.

Your grow is looking spot on btw, nice to see someone doing things properly...good luck with the rest...:yep:

:oldtoker:

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, stu914 said:

Have a word with @Diyleduk (sponsor on here) he'll build a custom rig for you... I've got a set from him and they are smashing it in all depts, quality, growth rate and yield.

@tokenroll and @Arthur Mix have diaries running with his leds...(I'm sure there are others too) more good examples of what these babies can do...

I've been waiting years for the hype and prices to come down with led, always had an inkling they might just overtake all other lighting and it's proving to be the case.

Your grow is looking spot on btw, nice to see someone doing things properly...good luck with the rest...:yep:

:oldtoker:

Thats the only issue ive had in the past is the price and then theres always that niggle that says hmmm my 600w hps puts out 1100umols so 2 of them equates to 2200 in my space.. now i know there are 300w LEDs out there that pump put 600 umols and have twice the penetration of my HID. my logic is this. I would need 4 of those to make the same power of the current HID set up. I know I would be getting better coverage, better temps, cheaper long term running costs, better spectral usuage for the plants.the benefits go on.. Im not fussed on electricas savings at all. I'd run 1200w at the wall in LED or HID. In Total inlcuding my veg tent im in at about 25kw per day in full perpetual mode.. the electric cost is pennies to the pounds i save in oil and flowers. Not to mention i actually enjoy doing all this its worth the cost involved  The one thing that still puts me off is if i spent all that mone,  changed everything in my set up and it simply didnt work.. id be devistated.. i will look into those posts you put up and ive messaged DIY on there thread. 

Real food for thought... maybe il switch my VEG light to LED to start and see what happens. 

P.s thanks for the kind words. If a jobs worth doing do it properly.. u guys here at uk420 are cool.. :)

Edited by Closet_Master
Brain is fully retarded today.. 5th edit on one post..
2 people like this

1 hour ago, Closet_Master said:

300w LEDs out there that pump put 600 umols and have twice the penetration of my HID.

Hee hee , he said penetration:).   

Not trying to start an LED vs HID shitstorm on your diary (I'm well aware of the massive improvement of modern LEDs - thanks @diyleduk for all the data you've been sharing with us)  but I was of the (perhaps mistaken) belief that penetration (stop giggling) was one of the drawbacks of LEDs, or was that the old ones?