Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guest Pau176

Dinafem: Og Kush, White widow, Fruit, Critical Jack & Amnesia XXL

52 posts in this topic

Hello fellow growers,

After a long think, I’ve decided  to go for a selection of Dinafem seeds as my experiences of growing their cheese has been a good one. 

I find them easy to grow, they look great and the final product always lives up to expectations. 

I also like the fact they sell single seeds and the Annesia seed was free. 

Set up is:

1.2 x1.2 x 2.0 tent 

5 RVK extraction on a Rhino filter 

4 RVK intake on a low setting 

Omega HPS 600W adjustable ballast 

1 x oscillating fan

Coco mixed with pebbles & ecothrive charge.

Canna A + B + Pk 13/14

With current temps, I will go with a 24hour light cycle until it warms up a tad. 

I will probably tie down the main cola on all the plants to get that even canopy. 

I will be posting new pictures frequently as the grow progresses. 

This is is my fifth grow so I’m beginning to get quite good at this yolk. As ever, any advice and input is most welcome.large.BE75B11C-4DA8-47AC-B1BB-05221042E80E.jpeg

Peace. 

I’m using the wet kitchen roll and freezer bag technique to germinate the seeds. I put the seeds in my boiler cupboard and they’re usually popped by the time I get out of my bed. 

large.F7C1A6F8-9412-4661-8897-B48F6EC25DE6.jpeg

1 person likes this

I bought this from my hydro shop today. Compared to my last coco, this stuff looks and feels far superior.  At the moment, I’m only going to use it with 2 of the plants as I want to see how it gets on. Has anybody got any experience using this ecothrive? 

large.F21091C4-567C-4322-A1A7-7FC15EEE6C3C.jpeg

1 person likes this

Looks great so far pal.

Unfortunately there seems to be some sort of shit in your profile picture.

Some nice strains you've got @Pau176 good luck getting them cracked and the grow :yep:

1 hour ago, Serpent said:

Some nice strains you've got @Pau176 good luck getting them cracked and the grow :yep:

Thanks mate. My seeds still ain’t popped after 24 hours. The temp in my boiler room is high 20’s and the paper towels are nice, warm & moist. I’m hoping the little beans crack overnight.

19 hours ago, New Breed said:

Looks great so far pal.

Unfortunately there seems to be some sort of shit in your profile picture.

You better you get used to that picture because Wolves are on the up big time ;-)

@Pau176 Until you meet us in the FA Cup quarters:B):

will sub to this, i am using a similar set up and feed, when do you normally start feeding seedlings ? i am about 1 week after seeds popped, bit rusty its been awhile lol

1 person likes this

50 minutes ago, CuriousGreenHand said:

will sub to this, i am using a similar set up and feed, when do you normally start feeding seedlings ? i am about 1 week after seeds popped, bit rusty its been awhile lol

Hi mate,

I prepare my coco before I’ve planted the seedlings. I water the coco with 1.2lt water & 0.5ml of A+B. I lightly water around the seedling with the same strength for a few days. 

One thing I’ve learnt with the autos that I have grown is they don’t need a lot of nutrients.

29 minutes ago, Pau176 said:

Hi mate,

I prepare my coco before I’ve planted the seedlings. I water the coco with 1.2lt water & 0.5ml of A+B. I lightly water around the seedling with the same strength for a few days. 

One thing I’ve learnt with the autos that I have grown is they don’t need a lot of nutrients.

so far all i have treated with is 800ml 12hr tap water with .5g biosysand 1.5ml rhizotonic, was thinking of feeding 1/4 strength a+b next, but moisture has held for 4 days with a light dash of water for some movement, do you treat with calmag ?

13 hours ago, CuriousGreenHand said:

so far all i have treated with is 800ml 12hr tap water with .5g biosysand 1.5ml rhizotonic, was thinking of feeding 1/4 strength a+b next, but moisture has held for 4 days with a light dash of water for some movement, do you treat with calmag ?

I’ve never used calmag. I’m sure at some point, I’ll have to at some point.  

Anyway, good news, the widow, fruit and critical jack have popped. The Og Kush is being a stubborn lil shite! Hopefullly, she’ll pop over the next 12 hours.  I haven’t tried germinate the amnesia xxl yet. I’m a bit worried it could take all my grow space up. 

I couldn’t believe the size of the widow seed. It’s the biggest I’ve seen yet. They’re usually tiny seeds from Dinafem. 

large.8140CFC4-2E22-4B61-8471-EF64CF45AB49.jpeg

Edited by Pau176

Hi @Pau176. This looks like it will be good. Wouldn't mind seeing how the fruit turns out, good luck mate :bong:

4 hours ago, bluntz27 said:

Hi @Pau176. This looks like it will be good. Wouldn't mind seeing how the fruit turns out, good luck mate :bong:

Hi mate,

I’m really looking forward to the fruit as well. I like the old school flavours. Some of the current strains just don’t do it for me! 

Og Kush is the one I’m looking forward to the most. The fecker still hasn’t popped. I’m getting a little bit worried about that seed. In the meantime, the Amnesia xxl is now being germinated. 

I had hoped to get all these planted in their final pots at the same time. As always, the plants have minds of their own. 

Ok. Say after a few more days and the og still hasn’t cracked, is there anything I can do to try make her pop? 

12 hours ago, Pau176 said:

Ok. Say after a few more days and the og still hasn’t cracked, is there anything I can do to try make her pop? 

What we used to do is shake a seed in a match box or similar with sand paper in, micro scratches helping the water penetrate, one of my og kush seeds was stubborn in the fact i had to pick the seed off the plant, very hard shell.... must be a good sign though :) also used to just leave a seed floating in water for 24hrs, if all other methods failed

@Pau176. The og was a good plant and  a bloody good smoke. all my seeds from dinafem have took 2 days to germ, put in water till it sinks ( if it doesn't then its fucked), then in paper till it roots. Try putting og seed in water see if it floats or sinks then you should know if its a dud.

good luck mate :bong: :yinyang: