Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BushDoctoR

venting to stink pipe

Hi everyone,

Have searched through alot of old threads but still not finding what I need to know.

I am currently setting a grow in my loft space. My proposed plan for extraction is to pull through the CF with TD silent 150 and then run that to a tee close to the top of my houses soil stack (it runs through loft so very easy to do).

I have a vague understanding of how soil stacks work. What I don't know is if air can escape from the top of the stack or if there is some sort of valve at the top that only allows air in.

T.I.A

Iirc soil stacks are open at the top so it can release gases unless they're fitted with a Air Admittance Valve.

If you can see the top you should be able to see if ones fitted.

21 minutes ago, BushDoctoR said:

Hi everyone,

Have searched through alot of old threads but still not finding what I need to know.

I am currently setting a grow in my loft space. My proposed plan for extraction is to pull through the CF with TD silent 150 and then run that to a tee close to the top of my houses soil stack (it runs through loft so very easy to do).

I have a vague understanding of how soil stacks work. What I don't know is if air can escape from the top of the stack or if there is some sort of valve at the top that only allows air in.

T.I.A

Its got to work and shouldnt impede the flow of air up the stench pipe from your toilet,

just be aware on a cold day as the  hot air could create steam on the way out and could look sus 

Edited by Dr feelgood

Backdraught shutters are your friend,

Poo poo!!

:fart:

1 person likes this