Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

B.T.Y82

Acoustic Ducting

Hey all and happy new year 

Just putting finishing touches on my 1.2m tent and was wondering if anyone could advise me on fitting acoustic ducting 

My local hydro shop has the Ram stuff which is imagine is decent

The inner foil duct has holes so I know it's no good just putting jubilee clip round that

Does it go around the clear plastic that sits between outer foil and insulation ?

I tape the inner wired nonwoven to the fitting then pull the insulation over, then the outer foil, then attach it all by jubilee clip.

Edited by elmer budd
1 person likes this

what I do is get some duct  tape (decent stuff, like the gorilla tape or the silver air conditioning tape, which is thinner but strong. ) and tape the  ducting inner perforated liner to the filter spigot, usually 4 spots, just to keep it in place

then I tape the outer silver part of the ducting to the 2nd clear plastic inner, again in about 4 places.

Then I slide the outer over the already taped (to the filter) inner. I run a length of tape round the circulference of the ducting/filter join, and then I put the duct clamp over the whole lot to keep it in place. This way you can be sure that no smell can escape from the perforated inner, and get past the 2nd clear layer, to the outside.

hope this makes sense, it sounds a lot, but at least I can be 99% sure that no smell can leak out of it.

2 people like this

actually yeah I should add, I'm 6 weeks into flower and no smell leaks.

1 person likes this

I'm gonna need a bigger clip then

I always just jubilee clip the inner layer then tape the outer up tight around it, never had any smell leaks. But yea decent quality tape like gorilla as billy says.

3 people like this

Thanx guys

Got plenty clips.. think I'll clip inner and outer 

I would clip both definitely, if your not taping the inner to the filter, because the inner is perforated, it can let smell out.

I just push the actual insulation down the duct so its just the plastic and foil layers that go over the end of the filter, its easier to compress with the clip

oh and when I said filter, I  meant fan, unless your fan is outside the room.

If using the fan inside the tent, I  tape the fan to the filter and use a wide clamp to hold them together. a foam lined one with tin on the outside, keeps them together.

2 people like this

+1 on the fat foamed clamp:yep:

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

I  tape the fan to the filter and use a wide clamp to hold them together. a foam lined one with tin on the outside, keeps them together.

They're call Fast Clamps @badbillybob, I use one and they're dead easy to fit, just tighten the screw with an allen key and you're done, a lot less messing around than jubilee clips, they also help support the fan (a little bit) if setting it up inside your grow room.

And like its been mentioned, just use some good quality duct tape (not Pound Shop crap) to tape the sound proofing to the ducting, then clamp that.

Edited by Serpent
Typo
1 person likes this