Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Newbie 18

Help please

18 posts in this topic

Hi guys I’m doing my first grow from seed could do with some advise /help I’m growing #1 dieselicous .. #1 nyc #5 blueberry shortcake the biggest of the plants is dieselicous the next biggest is nyc 

they are 2 1/2 weeks old and the blueberry are a week old could some 1 tell me why I’m getting the yellowing and curling also why the blueberry at growing strangely my temp and humidity is between 20-30 and 40-60 all the time I’ve 2 fans blowing and a dehumidifier also running fan and filter I didn’t give them any water for the last 2 days just in case of over watering. But they started to curl down so I Watered them with ph water 6.5 and made sure of run off bout 10% my 400w hps light is bout 40cm away from the canopy coukd anybody give some advice on the reason why I’m ladies are looking like this 

Edited by Owderb
MOVED OUT OF NEW MEMBERS FORUM

What are you growing in? soil/coco etc and what (if any) are you feeding? Pics would be helpful. Also, what type of water are you using?

Edited by JJJ
1 person likes this

Im trying to upload now I’m having trouble doing it I’m growing in soil not given any feed yet just water I’ve held off on the feed because of the colour of them .. I’ll get them uploaded ASAP thanks for your reply 

1 person likes this

Any idea how to upload pics from iPhone on this site

Edited by Newbie 18

Can't help you there. Perhaps you could describe the deficiencies in more detail and include exactly what type of soil you're in, what your water source is and your watering methods. Based on the description of your set up, I'd say we can rule out humidity, air flow and temps.  I wouldn't have thought that light distance could cause the symptoms you're describing.  Hopefully some other members will chime in soon too.

I’m getting leaf curling inwards / yellow/ lime green growth twisted leafs / stunt growth I’m using verve multi purpose compost that’s got 58% peat I’ve also added perlite and vermiculite to the mix hope this helps .. I’m still trying to get pics uploaded 

Ah OK. Others may disagree but that's not really the best soil for cannabis.  It could be causing you a PH issue.  Although you're putting in the correct PH, you may find that it's coming out at a different value so check the run off.  There are several natural and organic amendments, such as Dolomite Lime which will stabilise you PH. At 2-3 weeks old I assume you're yet to pot up to final pots. Before potting up it might be a good idea to get yourself down to your local hydro shop and get some soil more appropriate for cannabis. There are some great soils like 'Plant Magic' and many others.

Also, if you're growing in compost, I expect you're trying to keep the beneficial organisms in the medium alive. Therefore, synthetic PH up/down works against this. It usually isn't really necessary to PH in soil providing your water is within reasonable range. 

i grow in compost, after transplant last pot up it could take 4 days or more before they need feeding, you need let the pot dry out some, I feed half strength grow to start with, i'm in a soft water area so I start feeding cal/mag also from week 1

1 person likes this

Yep, compost is perfectly good for growing but I suggest eliminating the obvious first. If your run off is outside normal parameters, get the PH sorted. If it's fine then they're probably just hungry for something. Remember, feed the soil and the soil will feed the plants.  Also as 'Hash 72' said, give you pots a good wet/dry cycle when top watering.

Edited by JJJ

thanks for your comments guys ill check my run off hopefully its that and also go to my local hydro shop ill try to upload pic still in the mean time so you can see what im, talking about cheers

1 person likes this

A thread about your compost you may find interesting.

Edited by Owderb
Forum link removed
1 person likes this

Thanks for the link mate after reading this I’m off to my local hydro shop tomorrow to pick some plant magic up and re pot I think just to make sure..the only reason I used the verve is because I read a few had used it and had great results from it but I guess everyone is different ... thanks for your help again guys I’ll let you know how I get on 

1 person likes this

That thread is 2 years old. Verve has come out very well in the Which compost trials for 2018. Here 

@Newbie 18

I've been using it this time round and it seems ok, no real problems other than of my own making. Adding perlite and vermiculite will bulk out the compost and means you will have to start feeding the plants sooner. As JJJ says, there's no need to pH in compost unless you have real water problems, i suspect they might be hungry. Better if you had some pics to look at. Hope that helps!

:smoke:

Edited by Owderb

Sorry I didn't realise how old the article was. All I can say is that from personal experience I've had a lot more success using brands recommended by the hydro stores. I started out using cheaper soils and composts and had a hell of a time keeping up with the subsequent deficiencies.  I'd rather spend a few more tokens and get something specifically put together for these kind of plants. Everyone has their own style of growing and I'm glad the Verve is working out for you 'Seasick Steve'. Happy growing.

Edited by JJJ
1 person likes this

Seasick Steve what feed would you recommend for this soil ?