Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheBigyin

Need more humidity in veg!

25 posts in this topic

Alrighty lads.. 

Just starting up, got a pal keeping me right.. Just wondering if anybody has a cheap effective way of getting the humidity up in veg? Only getting 35-40% which isn't the best.. The wee ones aren't the happiest. 

Cheers

TB

a damp towel in your growroom will help a little bit mate.

1 person likes this

Cheers bud, got a tray of water in there the now. But aye sounds a bit more practical. 

Cheers 

TB

you might be able to use a towel tray combo for wick effect.

i just use a old towel if its low at the moment but flebay amazone ect have humidifers for about £35 cheepy chineesey ones though 

1 person likes this

Cheers pal.

I'll have a wee look the now. Should get things sorted. Got a wee auto in there as well so should raise the humidity slightly. 

Cheers 

TB

What medium are you growing in? Soil? I ask because usually a medium that holds a lot of air as well as water like to kwool or Coco fair better with low humidity. 

i just cut the arse out juice bottles, tiny spot of bleach(prevents algae growth) and fill  with cold water, i usually have 6 in tent strategically placed up until wk4-5 flower

9 hours ago, TheBigyin said:

Only getting 35-40% which isn't the best.. The wee ones aren't the happiest. 

If I were you I would look at other reasons why they aren't happy than the humidity. 

11 people like this

Reduce the extraction.

Don,t worry about it if they are only small, as they grow humidity will increase naturally and you may even end with a battle to keep it down. Imo do nothing and as blackpool says if they are unhappy it,s not humidity. 

4 people like this

14 hours ago, TheBigyin said:

Cheers bud, got a tray of water in there the now. But aye sounds a bit more practical. 

Cheers 

TB

Fold a towel up and put it in the tray, it'll make it more effective but you'll have to add water more often! 

14 hours ago, TheBigyin said:

Cheers 

TB

Fold a towel up and put it in the tray, it'll make it more effective but you'll have to add water more often! 

I cant see how 35-40% humidity is causing u issues in veg.. i dont think thats ur issue.

Atb

JJ

2 people like this

I agree, doubt it's humidity causing the problem........

2 people like this

Depends what you call cheap! You can get a digital humidifier off Amazon hold 6ltrs of water so don’t have to fill it that often and with the built in humidistat you just set the % RH you want and it keeps it there.

Some of the cheap ones it’s just on or off so you end up with near 100% RH for a few hours then it runs out of water until you fill it again!

However as others have said with 35-40% RH if the plants don’t look happy then there is probably something else going wrong! Get a pic up if you can.