Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

tomplum

do you know what caused this

26 posts in this topic

Hi guys, there's a hole  on a seedling leaf, I don't thing anything has been chewing at it, but I could be wrong, it only came out today,  anyone know what caused it ?

thanks large.5b33ae22149f3_newplants2.JPGlarge.5b33b0d2eeeb8_newplants.JPGlarge.5b38b237008cc_IMG_4042(800x600)(640x480).jpglarge.5b44ffe3763a2_IMG_4089(640x480).jpg

1 person likes this

sorry I loaded too many pic, its the bottom picture, 

summuts had a chew mate... be vigilant..:alien:

2 people like this

Yeah, that is being eaten.

:eat:

1 person likes this

large.9780515158069.jpegit was him ^ 

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

I would’ve took a guess at caterpillar, I have similar holes in my lovage and I think those bastards are to blame. 

Edited by Owderb

little fucker must be high as a kite,   :skin_up:

Hi guys, I've had a closer inspection and I don't think its been chewed, its going transparent and now the other leaf is doing the same, any more idea's please,

large.5b461601a082a_IMG_4093(640x480).jpg

1 person likes this

Have u had a good look under the leaves mate? 

1 person likes this

Look inside the pale bit to see if you can see a "spot", give it a squish. That last pic looks like leaf miner damage. 

Top pics is more caterpillarish

3 people like this

thanks gents, I've had a look under the leaves, I can't see anything  suspicious, To me,  the leaf is still a full leaf there's nothing been eaten or chewed and its as though the skin has been peeled off, If  i try to poke  something through, I can't unless I force it and i won't do that, Its very strange, :O

1 person likes this

Look inside the leaf where the damage is.

1 person likes this

BPbouncer, I don't see anything its just clear, I can't make the photo any bigger, the site won't accept it, I see no dots,spots bubbles or anything, ???

Definitely leaf miner

2 people like this