Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Padawan

No lecky for 9hrs

16 posts in this topic

The electric company are planning to turn off my electric for 9hrs to do some maintenance. How would this affect my plants if theres no bubbles in my pots for that length of time?

Many thanks

I'd be more worried of any smell leaking out. It won't hurt the plant

Owd

3 people like this

Could you run your fans and bubbler from a UPS. (Uninterruptable Power Supply)?

Not too sure the viability for 9 hours @ approx 150w, but just an idea?

In fact, if I wasn't dumb I should look into one just incase

I know a couple of sparks but its just a bit of a weird question to ask how i can keep something running in a power cut without giving the game away. Not sure what a where id even start to find a UPS. have to google it. It will be round the time when i flip the lights to 12/12 so I'm hoping there won't be a smell @Owderb but this is my first grow so i don't have a clue :skin_up:

Vegging plants can rinky dink too!

Are you using a DWC system? If you are I'd just drain your res beforehand so the roots are sitting in the air. Put some of your res water in a spray bottle and give the roots a spray every couple hours.

1 person likes this

@SevernValleySavant I am growing in DWC. Thanks for that. Looks like I’ll be taking a day off to nurse the girls through it. Bit of febreeze on the go too @monkeypig :lucky:

1 person likes this

@SevernValleySavant I am growing in DWC. Thanks for that. Looks like I’ll be taking a day off to nurse the girls through it. Bit of febreeze on the go too @monkeypig :lucky:

Sorry I can't advise on the smell, but it won't be hard to keep your plants alive.

1 person likes this

Great read @Amnesia  thanks mate. some of the replies at the start were hilarious too. 

We had a power cut the other day, only house on the street, it turned out that some twat on another street dug through the cables in their garden :furious: when I called 105 they said cos im the only one whose reported it they will have to gain access to my house to find where the problem is!! So Ive got like 20 odd minutes to take down my tent and all equipment, hide it away make sure theres no trace of anything, only to be told when they get here that its not my house as my meter had been cut off too, so they wont need to bother us again. When they phoned my missus they said that power will go on and off for the next few hours as they had to fix what the asshole down the road had done. Better safe than sorry I spose and my plants seem fine btw

1 person likes this

@bubbly82 Nightamre!!! And all that panic for nothing. At least I’m getting good warning to get something sorted out. Hopefully there’ll be some World Cup football on when I’m off to look after the ladies. Might bring them downstairs with me and watch it together :smokin:

1 person likes this

I know mate was a sweaty moment lol!! All good in the end though :bong:

1 person likes this

If you are in veg or very early flower then a tub of ona gel will help with the smell. Wouldn't use it around buds for too long though. 

1 person likes this