Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Adamvr619

Big dense buds but barely any resin

Posted (edited)

Right chaps need some experienced views on a problem I have. I got some Dutch passion Colorado cookies going one of them is massive it's huge the others are decent and practically finished like but this monster for some reason has barely any brown hairs yet but more to the point it has hardly any crystals on it has anyone experienced this before and what did you do? Did it turn out decent bud? 

Edited by Adamvr619
Spelling mostake

Posted (edited)

You'll find plants that exhibit poor traits around as often as you'll find plants which are extremely desirable. Sounds like you've just been unlucky, I've seen this several times over the years. Someone you know will probably enjoy smoking it. There's nothing you can do to get resin to appear on it.

Edited by The lone stoner

I'm hoping it's just not weak as piss though honestly mate it's huge the main cola is like a 2litre bottle of coke then the rest are huge too. I just don't get why all the pistols are still bright white

Just nature.

1 person likes this

Do you think it may be the sativa genetics making it go for much longer before it ripens and may be weeks left for it yet 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

get a picture up and we can see :yep:

There is a way to increase resin production in the last week using MH or finishing bulbs but at the cost of yield

Edited by zen-ken

as said above upload a picture, a pic says a thousand words. i grew out some of the colorado cookies,they take a while to finish of i found, deffo more sativa in them. 

sounds like the buds are big, if still pure white pistis then its not ready yet. :yinyang:

What lights are you using? I've always found halides make for better trichome development and hps just make fatter, heavier buds. :) 

large.IMG_20170331_50346.jpglarge.IMG_20170331_34336.jpglarge.IMG_20170331_19413.jpg

I had the same happen to me with my Dutch passion auto ultimate, huge yield but hardly no thc. Smoke was shite.

2 people like this

Heya bud! If you go and see my Colorado cookies diary a couple threads below , I've got one plant that is absolutely covered in the stuff where another one has got a fair bit on and my cc#3 hasnt got much on it.. I think it's down to genetics buddie and all 3 of mine have different amounts on them.

She has some but their really small thc's where the other two have larger thc's if thats how I say it lollol

Sorry I'm shite at explaining stuff lol

All the best 

Also buddie , I don't know if it's just me.. but I find when the grow room goes above a certain temp I start loseing thc..

Also I hear a plant can liquidise it's thc for protection too! 

1 person likes this

I'm on a shift at the minute but when I finish I'll get some pics up thanks guys much appreciated 

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Autofatman said:

I find when the grow room goes above a certain temp I start losing thc..

I was going to say the same in my earlier post, I agree 100%. :) If you have regular and prolonged temperature spikes over 30 degrees, I find trichome development tends to be piss poor.

High humidity during flower can also have an adverse effect on trichomes. 

Environment is pretty much everything in this game ime. 

Edited by Saddam
3 people like this

Having seen grows at 40+ degrees Celsius from start to finish with beautiful crystals and a perfect smoke..it is most likely just the luck of the draw 

1 person likes this