Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jonquilista420

How can I build a cheap shelter for my plants?

Hey people :) I've got 9 plants going outdoors, currently theyre in a little green house but soon there won't be enough room. I'd like to house at least 5 of them. 

I've been looking at trying to do some cloche hoops/ polytunnel thing but pre-built ones look flimsy and building my own seems like itll cost a pretty penny. 

Anybody any tips? thx in adv!

1 person likes this

knock 4 bamboo poles in the ground:bangin: wrap in chicken wire than polythene:smokin:

4 people like this

If you made one it may cost but then it would last good few seasons I'm not very DIY savvy so I took the el cheapo polytunnel route which works for me but I'd buy stakes and make sure its properly tied down... The polys do get hot and need burping but they're cheap and cheerful bit small but I LST..mines lasted 4 seasons so far but I'll look to upgrade next year

Posted (edited)

wilkinsons  are doing a 6 foot by 4 foot  clip togeather  reinforced plastic greenhouse  for  30 quid at the moment ...frosted white cover  and has a full 6 foot shelf running down one side for seedlings or autos .....  even come with  strong guy ropes to lash it down ....  and  a spare cover for it  is  14 quid  so i got a spare .... they should  last 3 years   so its a good  ivnestment

Edited by vortex
2 people like this

22 minutes ago, vortex said:

wilkinsons  are doing a 6 foot by 4 foot  clip togeather  reinforced plastic greenhouse  for  30 quid at the moment ...frosted white cover  and has a full 6 foot shelf running down one side for seedlings or autos .....  even come with  strong guy ropes to lash it down ....  and  a spare cover for it  is  14 quid  so i got a spare .... they should  last 3 years   so its a good  ivnestment

thanks Vortex, do you know if those shelves can be removed? 

1 person likes this

yep they can mate

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, phoenix108 said:

If you made one it may cost but then it would last good few seasons I'm not very DIY savvy so I took the el cheapo polytunnel route which works for me but I'd buy stakes and make sure its properly tied down... The polys do get hot and need burping but they're cheap and cheerful bit small but I LST..mines lasted 4 seasons so far but I'll look to upgrade next year

it kind of needs to be a temporary structure actually, not sure ill be here next season... how did you get yours pls may i ask?

41 minutes ago, DigDig said:

knock 4 bamboo poles in the ground:bangin: wrap in chicken wire than polythene:smokin:

interesting method! tried and tested?

1 person likes this

Not with weed mate,:mellow: but if you done them separate you could dot them around the garden:yahoo:

2 people like this

9 hours ago, Jonquilista420 said:

it kind of needs to be a temporary structure actually, not sure ill be here next season... how did you get yours pls may i ask?

@Jonquilista420 I got mine from B and M stores v easy to dismantle too

1 person likes this