Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

I’m A Tank

My first LST attempt

47 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This is my first attempt at LST. I will post the pics in chronological order and please tell me if you think I’m doing it ok. If I started too early. Or if I’m pulling her around too much. ThanksNfKe8dV.jpg

10-03-18

PJYfDOu.jpg

14-03-18

Ezi1Odd.jpg

17-03-18

FeA1UZg.jpg

also 17-03-18

yevoMfQ.jpg

Second day of LST 20-03-18

RSsBGoO.jpg

21-03-18

Also 21-03-18. If I had left it to grow. The other tops would have been buried under the first fan leaves. I now have 4 tops. But am trying to get the other 2 to poke through. Should I try or just let it chill for a few days?

Edited by I’m A Tank
4 people like this

In my experience its never too early to start tying them back, I think the more light you can get to the bud sites in the early weeks the better. @blackpoolbouncer has some good guides. I like to get some canes in at this stage, gives you a maximum height to work to and something to anchor them to as they hopefully get heavier and if you put them in later you might damage the roots. I tend to tie them back let them stretch for a couple of days then tie them back again, I'm looking to keep them as flat as possible until the stretch finishes then I leave them. A mistake I've made a couple of times is tying the main branch below the level of the lower branches (I don't nip them out though so still have a main cola).

4 people like this

ta1d3Hi.jpg57es262.jpg

just thought I’d put up a couple of update pics. This is sort of turning into a bit of an LST diary. They are 4 weeks old now and the amount of tops that have grown from getting more light is great. I’m going to leave them like this now. They are super low. So I’m hoping they grow out over the next couple of weeks as they are only a couple of weeks off starting bloom.

5 people like this

Looking good chap. 

Get those fan leaves tucked under those tops and jobs a good un.

You don't need to be in a rush to lst for next time. You can wait till you get to the 6 or 7th node and start by bending the main stem at 90 to remove the apical dominance and encourage the other shoots to stretch up and become leading shoots by diverting growth auxins from the main cola to the side branches.

When these get a bit of legs you then tie these down.

If you care to have a gander and see how I do it I did a pictorial on about page 20 or so of the diary in my sig

All the best mate 

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

It's only a quickie in that post. If you look through the following grow from that page  it shows the steps perhaps a bit better. It is the critical jack and cheese which was two plants like this.

post-24417-0-19707900-1442874715_thumb.jpgpost-24417-0-96871800-1442874441_thumb.jpgpost-24417-0-81884300-1444585799_thumb.jpgpost-24417-0-09789600-1442874375_thumb.jpg

always happy to help 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
6 people like this

They look like what I’m aiming for. Lots of fat buds not fighting over the light. The GSC is Sativa dominant. And the Cheese is Inica. Since I didn’t separate them in the germination. Do you reckon the darker, bigger, bushier one is the GSC? Time will tell I suppose. Cheese is pretty obvious :fart:

1 person likes this

Good luck with the first lst, its likely the most economical method with respects to getting more buds for your electricity. costs little to train the plants in a manner in which they can produce many colas.

Lovely looking young-uns by the way.

For my latest crop I've just bent the branches and snipped away a great deal of the lower ones. Most have been topped a few times before getting the 12/12. I snip away at lower branch as it grows for about 2 weeks into flower. Does them no harm. Also gives you all the clones you could ever need IF your not growing auto. I guess I'd grow auto outside but I'd be gutted not to have a back up clone when you discover some fantastic plant.

The guide by BlackpoolBouncer is spot on. To me, its second nature by now knowing what bits to cull and what to leave on. When I was starting off there was nothing except High Times, if you had some stoner older brother or someone who got that magazine. We really are spoilt in this day and age when you can view a photo tutorial.

Anyway, great thread, hope to see the resulting success in a couple of moons from now.

2 people like this

50 minutes ago, MyDisplayName2000 said:

Anyway, great thread, hope to see the resulting success in a couple of moons from now.

Jah:bong: 

4yTTE2x.jpg

4 weeks old so they are just about to explode into growth I hope.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

In a few days that plant will be ripe for tying down flat agann and really open up the plant. Looking real good bud

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
3 people like this

Thanks BB :yep: 

That diary of yours is spot on. Plenty to learn from in there. I’m going to post an update pic or 2 on Sunday. Hopefully it’s time enough to get some more tops coming through 

1 person likes this

I was going to wait until tomorrow but a day is so much growth now! And I can’t bring myself to let the internodes under the canopy lose 24hrs light. Or in other words....I can’t leave it alone and I think I’m addicted to LST now :P hopefully my guesswork is actually how “you do it”. I’m hoping this turns into an even canopy of dense bud lol

A7rnFca.jpg

4 people like this

IECGNYk.jpg

I’m really happy with the way these are going. I’m planning on watering them every 3-4 days now with 5L water each. Is it ok to add nutes with every watering? I’m now going to give them 1.5ml Grow, 1ml Calmag, 1ml Silicon (all Samurai Shogun nutrients line). Or should I use plain water every other watering?

4 people like this

nutes every watering is fine, just don't overdo the strength, and aim for 15% run off. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Thanks potato. I was just reading what BlackpoolBouncer said on the nitrogen deficiency thread. And it made me check my plants. I thought I was being over cautious with the nutes by them only receiving 0.75ml grow 4 days ago at 4 weeks old. Is this the early purple streaking or am I good. I just gave them 2ml/L grow and 5L watering :wassnnme:

AsnAwuP.jpg

Edited by I’m A Tank
1 person likes this