Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

smokie1 b c f c

smokies lemon zkittles n bubba island kush test grow

179 posts in this topic

yeah glad you have a stash of hash @dirtdog im glued to the couch already of a bubble joint. lol 

i was off here for a while due to life's ups n downs, but im back. 

yeah deffo,your rite mate, the zkittles pheno's seem to be frost monsters for sure man. the skunks are frosty, but the z is in resin overdrive here. :smokin:

kushty bro, i update the thread when i can grab some more pics. il take a few of the skunky girls too,to show the difference in phenotypes. :yinyang:

2 people like this

I’ve just got some of these lemon zkittlez. These are looking nice, hopefully my lot go the same way. Be nice to see how they smoke too:smokin:

1 person likes this

On 07/05/2018 at 9:04 PM, smokie1 b c f c said:

myco chum has a npk of 1.0, 0 ,3.0 the fish mix has a npk of 6.0- 2.0 - 4.0. so using together should be npk of 7.0, 2.0, 7.0. so high in nitrogen, but the plants are yellowing, so deffo need some n.

The yellow isant nitrogen def, it's phos lock out due to a ph above 7 in the grow medium, or its gone acidic, and locked out the cal mag, with a medium ph of 5.5ph or less.............. do a run off test run off 500ml and take ph. use a plain water flush, ph'ed at 6 for the run off test........... if high or low adjust soil ph with a flush .......... nitric acid for high ph, silicone for an acidic medium, or low ph, silicone flushes will raise a low soil ph...........nitric acid flushes will drop a high ph, back into the required range 6 to 6.5...AM

gallery_80973_7265_990.gif

3 people like this

I’m slightly worried about the early orange pistils smokie,I’ve got them on other strains in the groom and something doesn’t seem quite right.

might be me being noid and not used to early finishers,really hope there’s no pips in this grow as I’ve just bought more fems.

yep i know what you mean @dirtdog ive been thinking the same, last night i was thinking i hope it aint half seeds in the crop. lol 

i dont mind the odd few here n there, but fully seeded id be wounded. :wallbash:

ive gone over them like a mad professor a few times. but found no nanna's or balls. i can spot them a mile away know say your the same.

its the ones at the back end of the tent i can't inspect properly. so i hope there ok. im thinking its just early lemon skunk phenos. or maybe the sun/heat that's turned pistils brown early. or a rouge male saq or nanna's. :unsure:

as you say you have other strains in there too with orange hairs, im the same i have about 5 other strains in with the l/zkittles. and they all have the odd brown hairs. im into week 6 flower now mate, il be chopping some at 8 weeks, and the rest at 9 weeks 12/12. so il know then if any seeds dude. 

lets hope we both get a good crop of tasty buds, with no seeds mate. :hippy:

Edited by smokie1 b c f c
2 people like this

Hmm... :g: I've got some on my Zkittle too chaps.  Haven't spotted any hermie issue and my temps have hit 28 C at peak, which isn't too bad at all really, will keep a close eye out I think, calyxes are swelling up now and is a tad early...although it could just be that these will ripen up in 8 to 9 nine weeks like you say...got me thinking now though, don't want a crop full of pips either :fear: 

2 people like this

I was very interested in doing some of the lemon zkittle so please do keep us all updated. 

If they've all been sourced from Dutch passion then it has to be said I've never had any problems with herms from them and I've bought many seeds. That said never these and they are new. 

2 people like this

here you go @Thedoctor6999 update on the lemon zkittles. 

i took some pics of the big bushy one in the 11l pot, and some pictures of the 2 x lemon zkittles fruity pheno's. 

there at 7 weeks and 2 days since i flipped the timer to 12/12. i took a little bud of the bushy zkittles pheno to try. it smokes nice, this pheno has a more grapefruit smell and taste. 

i have now started to lower the feed. i gave water with 1.5ml per liter of p/m catalyst/ its just thick seaweed extract. il give water only starting next feed for a week to 10 days then harvest these nuggets. 

pics of the 2 x smaller lemon zkittles. these 2 are the fruity smelling girls. one has a strong orange skunk smell. like cali orange or the orange flavor skunk#1's. 

the other one has both a lemony and orange smell in there. cant wait to chop them. and sample them. i think im going to reveg the cali orange smelling girl, to get clones off. as i only cloned the bushy one, that is more grapefruit dominant. :wallbash: always the same ain't it. lol every time i clone by looks i never end up with clones from the keepers. 

picslarge.IMG_1074.JPG

as you can see below the buds are not far off being ripe. another week on water, and i think they will have swollen up a treat. there yellowing even tho they have been on 3.5ml per liter of b/bizz fish mix. smells great, no fishy smells. and the testers from the zkittles one and the bubba island kush was very tasty stuff, that burned with a clean white ash when burnt.

think im gonna use fish mix for both veg and flower from now on, with a little bio bizz bloom feed mixed in when needed. as ive had crazy yellowing in early flower using plant magic oldtimer organic bloom the past few years now. so ive going back to bio bizz. i know its been a problem since they brought out the thinner mix of bloom feed, it has less cal/ mag in, plus nitrogen.

loads of resin coming on them all now. 

large.IMG_1077.JPGlarge.IMG_1073.JPGlarge.IMG_1078.JPGlarge.IMG_1071.JPGlarge.IMG_1038.JPG

pics below are from the bushy zkittes ,grapefruity pheno i have a clone off. ive taken the top bud of today to smoke next week as im running low. the rest will be on water for a week then il chop them. buds are filling out well. lots of brown hairs on them all, but no signs of any seeds i checked over them today. must be just fast finishers, i hope. the tester bud i took of has no seeds in. so we should be sensi come harvest. :unsure:

large.IMG_1050.JPGlarge.IMG_1051.JPGlarge.IMG_1048.JPGlarge.IMG_1052.JPGlarge.IMG_1046.JPGlarge.IMG_1043.JPGlarge.IMG_1039.JPGlarge.IMG_1034.JPGlarge.IMG_1036.JPG

next up are pics of the bubba island kush. only a small plant. but she is ready at 7 weeks flower. i know as i have a nug here i chopped a week ago. and the thrichomes are half amber/miky.

been on water the past few days she has. il chop her in a few days time. very kushy with a earthy/ pungent dank type smell, taste in there for sure. 

large.IMG_1030.JPGlarge.IMG_1029.JPG

bubba island kush bud. these and the lemon zkittles have grew them selfs. very easy to grow. if i used bio bizz grow and fish mix from the start of flower, they woudn't of yellowed like this im sure. smelling fruity as fook these bubbas and the 2 orangey /lemony zkittles do. :hippy:

let me know what you think of them everyone ? i wish there was smellyvision, or uk420 smoke club. lol 

large.IMG_1028.JPGlarge.IMG_1027.JPG

9 people like this

this one in the picture below is the best smelling lemon zkittles, she is the one that is pure orange skunk smelling. the other is 50/50 of orange and lemon skunk the taller one on the right in the group shot pics above.

so if your growing out the lemon zkittles and want the fruity ones like the zkittles cut ,there the smaller more indica looking pheno's. :yep:

the bubba kush is getting purple colors on the buds even tho my max temps are 30c and min, lights of temps are 28c so its far from cold, at 28c min temp. i love having some purple nugs me. :taz:

here is orange lady below. 

cheers @DutchPassionTony and uk420 for the hook up with these genetics to try. respect.

il be back in say a weeks time with pics from the harvest, then it'l be my fave part. the smoke reports. :toot:

all the best all uk420. stay green and lean, i do. lol 

smokie1

large.IMG_1074.JPG.ef3a8b0121447989e20549ebafd28039.JPG

8 people like this

@smokie1 b c f c

Mine are just coming to the end of week 7, And I'm pretty disappointed in how this strain grows. I'm gonna run it again as I have clones, And I won't be topping these ones, see if it makes a difference.

My stems are nice and thick same with the stalks, But they just don't seem to have filled out as much as I'd hoped. Very gappy on the stems, then a nice top.

What is the bud like once dry? Dense?

1 person likes this

hi mate. yes very dense when dry. i too have thought that they havn't liked being topped.

ive  noticed over the years its that way with some sativa's, that if topped, or fimed out, they produce lots of small dense nuggets, rather than the big old donkey dick/ pop bottle main cola sativa buds.

i know one thing for a fact tho mate, and that's lemon skunk isn't known to be a big yielder. ive grew out over a hundred plus of dna and ghs lemon skunks over the years, and only ever had a few full on nice yielder's with big main sativa cola's. 

as you say you have cuts from them all mate, just pick the best taster/ plant for your needs, and grow them again without topping them in veg.

i will deffo try it out on my keeper run next time round. 

2 of the 4 girls i have of lemon zkittes smell very nice, like there gonna taste great. lots of resin on them too. i have noticed that they took until the 6th week of flower to start getting fat. now there into week 7 there swelling up the calx's at last. some may go to 9 weeks flower and yield better im sure. the grapefruity one i have in a 11l pot is a good yield i think about 2oz easy, maybe 2.5. not great tho, but looks the best yielder out the 4. tho she is in a much bigger pot tho. :unsure:

hope they get fatter the next 2 weeks mate. :yep:

3 people like this

1 hour ago, BullBill said:

@smokie1 b c f c

Mine are just coming to the end of week 7, And I'm pretty disappointed in how this strain grows. I'm gonna run it again as I have clones, And I won't be topping these ones, see if it makes a difference.

My stems are nice and thick same with the stalks, But they just don't seem to have filled out as much as I'd hoped. Very gappy on the stems, then a nice top.

What is the bud like once dry? Dense?

you wouldn't like the bubba island kush then mate, as you think the l/zkittles dont yield much, the bubbas are tiny, very slow vegging plants with small dense nuggets of kushy nugs. 

its top shelf smoke tho.

ive found out that some strains, mostly the fruity tasty strains are average yielder's. like the lemons, its more for taste/ high, rather than yields. tho some do yield lots. as you say grow them next time without topping them, see how they grow then. :yinyang:

1 person likes this

@smokie1 b c f c

Lemon Kush I think it's by advanced seeds is a very nice yeilding lemon strain. First run with em did 17oz from 4 11 litres in Coco.

I don't think these lemon skittlez have done even half of that, can only hope it makes up for it in taste. I know it smells the part. 

2 people like this

Yeah mine's finishing up fast too Smokie and not far behind yours...sticky these eh mate...I've snipped a tester and had a go :naughty: 

Enjoy the harvest and looking forward to seeing these buds after a hang :v: 

2 people like this

Nicely nicely smokie,looks like a sweet harvest mate!

How come you flush when your organic,know they need less notes at the end but I usually finish on 2ml grow?

If your test bud was clean and smooth I would have thought starving them on the last week a little cruel ha ha?

i topped and trained(lst) mine and they seemed to be ok with that and look like reasonable yielders,some maybe 5 ounce plants some closer to 3.

Cant wait to test these beauties and hearing what you guys make of them.

All the best.

dd

1 person likes this