Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sal81

5 days my plants alone !

71 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Sal81 said:

Guy's that picture was of 7 days ago ! 

I did even write it under ! 

They were only 10 days there ! 

As the roots weren't develop so big yet I thought is useless put so much water ! 

But I did start dry wet cycle now ...

In that picture u can see only that  I was just keep them moist ..

I use usually the spry too ! 

Even if that photo' was 2 weeks ago it'd still be fine for 5 days,  just give it a soaking and if it hasn't rooted the pot yet as the centre dries it'll encourage it to send roots out into the moist Compost.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Sal81 said:

They were only 10 days there ! 

As the roots weren't develop so big yet I thought is useless put so much water ! 

You've missed the point Sal.

From the very start, do a wet/dry cycle.

If you just water around the plant, the roots will not go searching out for water, leaving you with a small/weak root system.

This could be the cause of the problems you are seeing later on your grows.

@blackpoolbouncer alot of people do this in the early stages. There is a worry of the soil going sour/anaerobic. But as we know, if you follow a wet/dry cycle, this doesn't happen, and the roots soon fill the pot.

I think it's less of a problem with photoperiods potted up in stages, as it doesnt matter if it takes a bit longer to fill out the first pot. It seems with Auto's that this early stage is crucial to getting the best from the plant. I'm still yet to get one right tbh.

Edited by tigseyjnr
6 people like this

Thanks ! 

I did use plant magic granules when I pot them out and the roots are developing very nice ! But I get it ! 

The only thing is that I wanted to topping them and they tie them down but I did top in the wrong way now they are developing like crazy ! 

I will post some pic here !! 

large.0_20180112_115218.jpg

It's like a cat eat them ! But was me that I get mad watching YouTube video s where they was doing it with hooks ...

Edited by Sal81

1 hour ago, Sal81 said:

It's like a cat eat them

lol 

Sorry to laugh bud but what you have done there is pretty savage! 

The plant isnt going to have liked that treatment.

If you are going to top autos dont touch the side branches and only remove the growing tip from the main shoot while it is fairly young. So if you want to top at the 5th node, remove the growing tip just after its grown past the 5th node ..........minimal stress as the plant hardly notices its gone and immediately reroutes auxins to all remaining growth tips

6 people like this

Bro' I know ... 

I made super chop instead super crop !

When I get high I do strange things !!! 

lol

The day after I said to myself wtf I done ! The only thing is that fortunately she is still Yung !  

We see what will happen ! 

1 person likes this

For about a week between deciding to grow again and buying a tent all i did was read about growing auto's. I kept reading how you shouldn't top auto's. But here's a pic of one a 6" extractor fell on, topping it perfectly and chrushing it(t'was only about 3 weeks old.) Currently 12 weeks old, packet said 8-9 weeks. <rolleyes>

1 person likes this

Sorry about the sodium lighting, but ordered a CMH yesterday! Also sorry i couldn't be arsed to move the Em-Dog in the front of the photo', oh and @Sal81 it's young, the plant is still young enough. ;)BTW looks more like cutting in half than topping! lol

2 people like this

I know ..I was trying to do something else bdw ! I will update some pictures in a couple a week's ..

Honestly to me she looks very resistant to all I did to her .. even when I did pot it she didn't stop grow ... 

Hopefull will be ok !  

:yinyang:

36 minutes ago, Sal81 said:

I know ..I was trying to do something else bdw

Care to walk us through your logic? 

1 person likes this

The name of the video I saw in YouTube is : 

( Green 75's day 25 defoliation and tie down on a auto girl scout cookies by fast buds) 

Check it out @blackpoolbouncer ...

Edited by Sal81

Might I suggest not following his direction after looking at what he does.

He is torturing his plants 

4 people like this

@blackpoolbouncer having seen sal's, ummm, "unlucky" issues over the last year or so, and your never ending, repeatingly helpful advice to him, I totally admire your determination, and dedication to the cause my friend.  lollollol

@Sal81 keep going mate you'll get there.

Edited by Badbadger
8 people like this

lollarge.0_0_20180114_102111.jpglarge.0_0_20180114_102045.jpglarge.0_0_20180114_102031.jpglarge.0_0_20180114_101550.jpglarge.0_0_20180114_101535.jpglarge.0_0_20180109_123548.jpg

Edited by Sal81