Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ananda

Too late to lollipop/prune?

18 posts in this topic

I have two plants in a DR60 and they stretched more than I expected, one is a Noname and the other is a Power Africa, this means I have a lot more lower branches than I was expecting, it looks dense and will provide nothing anyway...but I went 12/12 3 weeks ago...I am afraid of shocking them and causing hermies. Could I take a little off every 3 days when I feed em or something, or is it just too late? ta. :) 

1 person likes this

Get them off if you want bud.

Its fine.. :yep:

7 people like this

7 hours ago, Daze said:

Get them off if you want bud.

Its fine.. :yep:

Flying blind, only the brave :unsure: have you any pics Ananda ?

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Pat Butcher said:

Flying blind, only the brave :unsure: have you any pics Ananda ?

I am watering em tonight I will take some. :) 

1 person likes this

Flying blind, brave? 

Errr, not quite. A simple question on trimming was asked and a simple answer was given.

No need for pics here really.. it's not a diagnosis. It was a query/worry about trimming at 3/weeks and its fine, as Ananda says they are quite dense. So trim away the unwanted nothingness.

Simples...

3 people like this

I agree with @Daze but took a couple anyway. The main thing I want to know is how safe is lollipoping? Does it cause shock? Shock can cause hermies? The only cause I have heard of is light leaks. Would there be any time when it is too late to prune, or any amount that is too much? This is what I really want to know but I will post a pic in a min anyway. :)

large.P1030446b.jpglarge.P1030444b.jpg

1 person likes this

Personally, i  always lollipop before the stretch is finished so you should be ok at 3 weeks but I certainly wouldn,t leave it any latter or you do risk causing some stress nannas imo 

2 people like this

Is this before or after? lol

I'd thin out the lower bushy bits by pulling a few leaves only at this point, look like you could lose a few bad ones anyway.. 

As bill says try and do majority of trimming as your coming to ass end of stretch period at latest really. Which is about 3 weeks on lots of vars give or take anyway.

:yinyang:

3 people like this

I know I left it too late, the stretch caught me by surprise and I just wasn't on the ball, I can confirm it is exactly 3 weeks and a day (15 Nov) since I went 12/12. It's cutting it a bit fine isn't it? I would say they finished stretching a day or two ago. Bad growing on my part. :pitchfork:

So I will do a light trim to try and make it a bit less dense in that bottom area, some of em are coming off anyway like @Daze says. But really I can't get in there and do a proper job without taking a risk can I?

@Pat Butcher had a point. :) 

Edited by ananda

Their trimmed/lollipopped pretty much enough butt..

You just panic over everthing mun..

Chill winston..

2 people like this

@Daze, yea I did some lollipoping earlier on but seemed to fall asleep during their mad stretch. I am not panicking, I am trying to learn. :)

i think if you do it in the first 2-3 weeks of 12/12 as well you can take the edge off the stretch as they recover from the fiddling instead of going crazy stretching,not 100% on it but the one i lollipopped seemed to have reduced stretch.

atb,H4rdc0r3.

1 person likes this

Hi Ananda,  sorry bud. Of course you're trying to learn. My apologies.

But,  you can ask as much as you like for others input. ultimately the most learning will come from trying things yourself  and noting  how a plant responds for yourself, and learn from it. Asking others will only give you a narrowed understanding of things....

You asked about lollipopping this late on but you clearly have a better understanding than you realise and just worry if  you've done   enough etc etc..

You've  already done more than enough trimming earlier on into this  grow by the look of it. 

They are trimmed up nicely and removal of a few choice leaves is all that's needed now...if that's what you want yo do.

All the best with the remainder of this run butt... 

:yinyang:

On 12/6/2017 at 5:50 PM, Daze said:

Flying blind, brave? 

Errr, not quite. A simple question on trimming was asked and a simple answer was given.

No need for pics here really.. it's not a diagnosis. It was a query/worry about trimming at 3/weeks and its fine, as Ananda says they are quite dense. So trim away the unwanted nothingness.

Simples...

Errrrrrrrrr, was it necessary to be be quite so condescending ?

It just seemed odd to me personally giving advice without seeing anything first, Perhaps I should of said blind advice but then I'm no expert.

Who knows .....one day if I ever become an authority like your good self I could find myself doing the same thing in the future.

I strip the frith off ( or lolly popping as they call it these days) a couple of days before 12/12. It helps if you know your strain because doing it later on could stress the plant and cause it to drop nuts and pop nanas and there's usually more chance of that happening with with fems. 

Edited by Pat Butcher