Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bazzo

Fact or Fiction- 800g per plant?

58 posts in this topic

Yo..   

I live in Spain, and have a good friend that has lived here for 25 years, he has been growing weed outdoors for 40 years...

He has had a bumper crop this year, 8 plants in total comprising WW/AK47/super skunk...     Now he grows in his garden, he does not add any nutrients and makes his own compost from his waste food etc,  and he pisses on them every morning..

Ive seen his plants and they are huge, I mean one was over 2m tall, the trunks are probably close to 2" diameter...

Now he tells me he averages around 800g per plant,  Is that possible???? 

I have no reason to doubt him, he is a good genuine guy, that certainly knows how to grow big outside weed, but 800g per plant??

Possible or not?

3 people like this

outside any things possible, you only need to hit a sweet spot with a few month of good weather, bobs ya doda, kilos hanging off ya trees!

dj....

12 people like this

I would also say its possible, with good all day sunshine for 3 months then I reckon it wouldn't be too hard....

1 person likes this

outdoors cannabis can yield upto 1kg,-/+ a plant i believe, given the right conditions/strain/skilled grower,im sure i read it somewhere on my ganjacational travels on the interwebs.

H4rdc0r3.

Edited by H4rdc0r3
6 people like this

hey, thanks, I'm really glad I got those replies, id hate to think he was full of BS...

Yep, weather here is really good, he lives about 20km from the only desert in Europe, over 300 days of sunshine every year.

its a shame he only grows one crop, but as soon as the summer is over the nights get really cold here as its clear skies all the time..

2 people like this

Been growing fruit and veg organically for 40 years. Complete newbie at growing cannabis. I’ve done two outdoor grows so far.

That sounds perfectly reasonable.

I think he’s being kind and understating. In that part of Spain with all that sun much higher yields are possible. I know people in Spain who regularly and easily get 2Kg per plant without much effort. They are like trees :thisbig:

One thing I don’t believe is that he pisses on his plants every day. Far too risky :woot:

They have snakes in Almeria and the law of statistics says he would have been bitten by now… ouch :eek:

1 person likes this

Ha ha ha...  Yes we do have snakes here.. Sneaker up to about 5ft.....  Lol.. 

But he does piss on them every morning... Calls it night water    lol... 

1 person likes this

800g from an outdoor plant in Spain by a good grower is perfectly feasible...

That said, a good grower would surely realise that pissing on his plants daily is, at best, unneccesary and, at worst , completely counter-productive?

Edited by Guerrillero
2 people like this

I did a 30oz Afghan Shiva plant outdoor in the UK in 2003, which is about 800g. Never again! Trying to manage a huge tree in the garden of little terraced house was a nightmare. We don't get enough sun here so the bud wasn't much good either. I gave it all away.

One of my mates claims 30oz plants and I've never believed him. So I gave him some cuts on the proviso he showed me the finished plants. There were five plants, one was 25 oz and the rest 17-18 each! This using DWC and a 600w light to each plant. These big plants are possible.

4 people like this

Back in 2015 (second year growing outdoors in the UK) I started off a single Early Misty plant in February and planted it outdoors first week of March. Slow to take off, but come September she was standing at least 15ft high and about the same number of feet in diameter. An absolute monster of a plant. Like I can't even put into words how big she was. I never weighed her but I would guess it was at least 1000g. Possibly more. So many side branches and donkey dick coalas coming off her. Sod's law would dictate though that the bud was absolutely fucking shit. It wouldn't have got a 10 year old high. The buds themselves looked absolute wank, hardly any THC coverage, despite being big nugs. Definitely the biggest plant I have ever grown though.

Since then I have always been more concerned about quality over quantity. I'll take an ounce of banging high grade over 6 ounces of average bud, any day of the week. 

But I can't see why grows in Spain wouldn't average 800g plants if they're started as late as May even; what with the climate and what not. No need for early flowering genetics either (given the longer/warmer season) which adds a few weeks more of veg into the equation. If they can pull 1500g plants in Cali, they can almost certainly do the same in Spain. Same climate. 800-1500g is perfectly doable. 

Wowzers!!, I'd love to see a piccy of a 15ft high & wide GG plant.. Got any snaps?

7 people like this

15ft high and wide lol

When i was a lad i was on the way to market, i ended up swapping a cow for some shwag beans, threw them in the ground thinking nothing would happen..long story short, 1 plant grew to nearly 100ft tall, but the smell was so potent it allerted this massive farmer who chased me off his land with a shot gun.

:hippy:

Edited by Pot Committed
8 people like this

Yes its perfectly feasible. In fact if you have a google you will see plants even taller than 15ft

Owd

1 person likes this

In the UK? 15ft high and wide by the Sherrif aka the boy who cried wolf..

1 person likes this

I was on about Spain but I have seen a 12ft plant in the UK. It wasn't 15ft in diameter though, more like 5ft. He put a washing line prop in to hold it up. No idea on final weight as it got nicked. It was a Power plant and when I last seen it would have yielded about 10oz. Buds were not great although it did have a couple of weeks to go :)

Owd

3 people like this