Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fatbagsofskunk

Having a change of nutrients

I have been growing with ionic for years and can achieve some nice quality but just not the best yields. I am growing in a 1.2 x 1.2 tent and everything is for personal use so I'm aiming more for quality but the maximum yield I have achieved has been about 15oz dried.

I have read a lot about growers aiming for 1g/watt and am pretty sure I will never get there with ionic. I have grown in soil, coco and recently switched to the autopots all using ionic and I'm thinking it's time for a change.

I have done a lot of reading and think I'll go with canna, Dutch pro or growers ark, for base nutes at least. Does anyone have experience using these preferably with the autopots?

Also is there one additive/supplement that you wouldn't go without? As I said I'm looking for quality over quantity but the best of both worlds would be nice haha.

Cheers

forget about a gram a watt, its nice if it happens, leave it at that, growing becomes a chore if your trying to keep up with someone who has maybe 10/20 yrs of growing experience behind them. a dialled in, top notch grow space, a large yielding plant that theye knows like the back of their hand, the way I see it, why disappoint yasel over the weight? when what you have got is probably better than anything you could buy and next to free to grow, imo obviously!

dj...

Edited by *DJ*
4 people like this

My best yields are from simply using base nutes and a root stim.  

All about enviroment imo.

5 people like this

light and enviroment is what gets you yield , food is about 3or 4th on the list .

constant and plenty of fresh air .

4 people like this

Cheers guys. Environment is something that I have changed ready for my next grow. I was using the vents at bottom of the tent as a passive intake and just kept the windows slightly open in the room. I've got a 100mm intake fan now so hopefully I'll see a slight difference from that.

I am getting nice quality compared to some growers I know but I'd  say the finished product is about 80% percent there.

Like everyone really I'm looking for coffee shop/dispensary quality. I know there's a lot of factors go into it like genetics, environment, the general knowledge of the grower etc. but can I really get that quality using ionic? What do these people use?

I have read a lot of people saying ionic are ok, well priced nutrients to start with but they moved on and achieved better results. Also ionic is all I have used so it would be nice to try something to compare it to.

The guy in my local shop said if I want a change he'd try canna, I was actually asking about AN and he basically told me to stay away as it's way overpriced and I could achieve the same results with canna a/b and a good pk and sweetener.

Growers ark and Dutch pro are another two that I have seen people posting online recently with good reviews. 

Basically i want a change to a good blend of nutrients that if I play my part will get me some top shelf stuff. Everyone I've come across that gets this quality won't tell me  what they use, what's the big secret?

Sorry for the massive post haha just trying to show u where I'm coming from.

Cheers 

i would go for the growers for 2 reasons before i think of more .

1 they good quality range of nutes and their rooting stuff is great.

2 they are based in england for me that means it a local company.

iconic nutes are good mate i cannot fault them a pal of mine has used it for a decade and is happy .

can i ask what medium you grow in ?

sorry i just read are you using coco and auto pots ?

if so i cannot help you their with any tips as im a soil boy . i dont get 1 g per watt came close one with 7 plants in 7.5 ltr pots.

i normally get from .75- .85  per watt which is plenty for me really.

Edited by catfish
1 person likes this

1g per watt is perfectly possible with ionic. Per meter meter in fact, not in your 1.44

1g per watt is a misunderstanding anyway. Productivity is a ratio of yield to production costs. Often boiled down to lighting in kwh. A 600w lamp burning 12/12 for 7 weeks is 352kwh. Add to this 3 weeks of 20/4 which is 252kwh, and you can see a meter with 4 plants in needs to yield about 600g to give you a gram per kwh. Easily confused with 1g per watt.

1 person likes this

I've just finished a whole grow, 12 plants in Smart pots and trays using a mix of H&G Bat special soil  and PM Supreme, with some worm casts, and perlite. Used 3 bottles of  fert the whole cycle. Plant magic grow (The soil will give you probably 3 or 4 weeks veg, so maybe unnecessary..) Plant magic bloom and Overdrive for a late ripener/booster.. I've used H&G and Dutch Pro and find these can both wildly throw off PH, whilst the PM is geared to British water and stays in the ideal zone. Available in soft and hard water also.. These are the best results I've had.. And it's a really easy regime.. Works for me anyway! :yep:

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Fatbagsofskunk said:

15oz

That's 420... grams lol 

:ninja:  

1 person likes this

People always forget to mention how utterly important the strain you are growing  is too. If you are running the same strain from clones, maybe its not just a monster yielder, but you are actually getting near the best out of it. 

I would be perfectly happy with what you are hitting yield wise to be fair. 

It would be interesting to see if you are running the same strain from clone each time, and also what strain\s you run.

But i also totally agree that environment is important too

On 21/07/2017 at 1:37 AM, catfish said:

i would go for the growers for 2 reasons before i think of more .

1 they good quality range of nutes and their rooting stuff is great.

2 they are based in england for me that means it a local company.

iconic nutes are good mate i cannot fault them a pal of mine has used it for a decade and is happy .

can i ask what medium you grow in ?

sorry i just read are you using coco and auto pots ?

if so i cannot help you their with any tips as im a soil boy . i dont get 1 g per watt came close one with 7 plants in 7.5 ltr pots.

i normally get from .75- .85  per watt which is plenty for me really.

That's good going for soil buddy!! 

Well done.

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, mrtibbs said:

People always forget to mention how utterly important the strain you are growing  is too. If you are running the same strain from clones, maybe its not just a monster yielder, but you are actually getting near the best out of it. 

I would be perfectly happy with what you are hitting yield wise to be fair. 

It would be interesting to see if you are running the same strain from clone each time, and also what strain\s you run.

But i also totally agree that environment is important too

I agree strain is very important for me its about 50% of it, a really good strain almost grows it self, you just give it a helping hand..

By the way also I got a grm a watt using Ionic and a big yielding JH cutting, so it can be done.

Just proves the point about genetics!:smokin:

2 people like this

sssdhx2 was my best in part with blues and a buba  kush cross along with a couple of tangerine powerX3 .

all had extended veg and a lot of bendy topping love.my biggest plant out of them was a sssdh in a 7.5lrt pot i got over 116g dry of smokerable  bud

Edited by catfish

Hi mate.  

I've had good success with Vitalink.   They do a hard and soft water Base nute. 

I swore by it when grew in coco. 

I've switched to nft now, (my first grow in it) and I'm using Canna Base.  

I'm going to use Vitalink on my next grow. 

As time goes by and the more experienced I become,  I realise Base nutez are pretty much all the same anyway