Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

farmer4420

First ever grow looking for advice

Hi, I have just started my first outdoor grow, I have 4 auto fem frisian dew seedlings in a propagator sitting at the window. I have my soil sorted out am using canna terra with perlite and I have  a decent spot facing south with decent coverage of nettles and bushes. My main question is about nutrients, I have read that autos don't really need much added and I am looking to use organic nutes if needed. I am just looking to get the best out of the grow. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks  

Fish, blood and bone should sort you, dig it into your holes and then top dress every 4 weeks. Best to dig it in a few weeks before you plant out and an added benefit of this; you will see if the plot is dug up by any animals, FBB can attract carnivores to dig in search of food.

3 people like this

Fish blood and bone is all I use.

dunno...I probably wouldn't bother with FBB now?    I mean depending on pot size better to plant them out in less than 4 weeks from now if germinated already.    Risk of burning young plants with FBB.

I haven't used it but going by the price that Canna Terra must be pretty good stuff.     If you are giving them plenty of that and the nettles at spot are healthy then i would have thought you will be ok for veg growth maybe even all the way through to the end.      Especially if native soil is good.

I would maybe look at bonemeal to add now with a dash of SOP (sulphate of potash) for flowering.       Or if you want to go more organic look at comfrey either the wild plant or you can buy pellets.

GL

I've had some good results with This, it's cheap and if you mix in a good amount of perlite it won't bog down and drown the roots.

1 person likes this

Thanks for all advice much appreciated

1 person likes this

I used Canna Terra soil last year on my first grow for my two bagseed photo's. Just dug a hole and threw the soil right in (about 50l). Fed about 2 or 3 times at about 600ppm during dry times, and got both those plants 6ft tall. They were the healthiest, greenest looking plants in the area by far (surprised they weren't spotted!) Used the same soil indoors for autos after that, and it was also great. I really don't think you can go wrong with Canna Terra, just make sure you don't get it confused with Canna Terra Pro, as I believe that soil is devoid of nutrients.

All the best,

SVS