Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phoenix

Morningtide

Look these guys up on YouTube.   Good viewing for cold British winters.  Good lads and good fish.  Yes it's a bit testosterone driven but they got a good ethos.  Hope this ain't seen as spam...

I know there's some good anglers on the boards.

Another to look up is the cornish kayak angler.  Again YouTube is your friend...

Enjoy...

Any other good you tube angling post it here....

I love rivers like this. I fish them,and small loughs that have never had a fly cast on them ,except for mine . Might catch bigger trout elsewhere but I still visit the unfished and wilder places ,and I love the way I can still go alomst anywhere without a licence ,permit or membership ,for trout. I guess you'd need a permit to fish reservoirs or stocked lakes but they don't interest me. 

Next winter I'm going to turn a bedroom into a flytying room . Here's some I tied earlier ! post-40347-0-78891400-1335612314_thumb.jpgpost-40347-0-14649600-1335612055_thumb.jpgpost-40347-0-19876300-1335611641_thumb.jpg

Edited by Michael Luchóg
2 people like this

My fly tying kit is out of reach for me right now.  Will try and find a couple of my home tied traditional irish lough flies.... considered doing it (fly tying) as a cottage industry thing... Nothing like a picric acid dyed saddle..as in ecological as it is..It's a killing colour on the loughs.. I'm a fan of the murrough, a sage pattern of which, I'm certain your familiar.  Tight lines.

@Michael Luchóg

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

.. I'm a fan of the murrough, a sedge pattern of which, I'm certain your familiar.  Tight lines.

@Michael Luchóg

Looks like a murrough there in left side of maroon box. When I was about 16 I saw some murrough patterns on the west,Lough Corrib ,Mask ,Carra, and they were a size 6 . A bit big .It felt odd tying a few up for a fella who took me out on Corrib and left me there for a week . A huge fly ,longshank . I have several variations of those .An oak turkey wing feather makes a good mottled wing .I used to use hen pheasant . Still do . One September I went duck shooting at night or dawn and saw trout rising goodo for the great red sedge whilst waiting on an island for duck . I was so sorry I didn't bring a rod and a murrough . I may have come home with some feathers though. Fellas do be raving about Cul De canard, duck ass fluff!  Repels water for sure.

Edited by Michael Luchóg

I tie a demon Franz frednick f-fly for fast water.  A good hook,  good floss and some cdc.. cul de canard.

That's all that's required.

No edits here but fuck to auto spell.

Oiche maith 

1 person likes this