Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fatcalyx

my new groom...

58 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

so I have been growing in a 1.2m tent for a while now, but crave a little more space. I had a ten yearly electrical inspection a little while ago and it meant I had to shut everything down for a while. I decided that I would build a wooden grow room when I did get around to starting back up. The point was to have a more permanent solid structure and to have it to my exact specifications.

I took some measurements and decided 1.2m x 1.65m x 2.15m was the amount of room I could spare and designed how I wanted it to look and so on...

venting

In this picture it shows where I am going to have the intake and out take ( the intake is outside the room but the image doesnt portray that very well) as well as the filter and some circulation fans. Placement of these isn't set in stone.

reflectors Up

reflectors down

In these pics you can see I am planning on having 3 euro reflectors all attached to a plank of wood so they can be raised and lowered at the same time using a bike lift designed for hanging bicycles from the ceiling of garages. ( cheers @@botanics )

For lighting I am going to have 2 adjustable CDM ballasts (150w-340w) and 1 adjustable maxibright digital ballast (HPS when flowering) (250w-660w) in the middle. This will give me control over wattage as well as what spectrum they get.

For an extract I am going to be using a 1500m3 gekko fan and a silenced 6" intake. I am yet to buy any air circulating fans yet.

So earlier in the week I had @@Handshake and another Pal come over and build the box for me as I am rubbish at building anything. So I just made them Tea, rolled them joints and helped carry stuff around for them. They made the box out of 18mm sheets of Plywood I believe, They also used some batten that was 12mm. they made me a door that is a little over 6ft so i dont have to duck to get in and out. It really is perfectly made!

Box built  Pre primer.

Box built  Pre primer

now for me to paint the insides with wood primer then white emulsion...

1 coat Of primer, 1 coat Of emulsion

1 coat Of primer, 1 coat Of emulsion.

now this the inside after 1 coat of primer and 3 coats of emulsion

after 3 coats Of emulsion

after 3 coats Of emulsion.

That is it for now. I will be back with updates soon.

FC

21 people like this

Tidy room mate, look forwards to seeing her put to good use once finished! :yep:

3 people like this

@@fatcalyx great little groom!

2 people like this

OK, quick update. Had a busy evening yesterday with Peevy working out how where best to hang fans and filter etc... we worked it all out and screwed in some eye hooks to hang the box fan and carbon filter from, we also put up the pulley for the lights and knocked up a way of hanging the intake vertically in the corner to save space. also some small L brackets to pull the ceiling down tight to the batten at the top.

Eye hooks For extract, carbon filter And pulley

Eye hooks and pulley

Pulley cleat

Cleat for pulley rope

wooden bracket And Eye hookes To hold intake Fan

The rim of the fan will rest on the wood and I will attach rope ratchets to the eye hooks to secure it vertically.

FC

7 people like this

Looking sweet as fuck FC mate! Can't wait to see it done and dusted with some plants in :D Top work to you and your pals :v:

3 people like this

Looking good fatcalyx, nice clear guide with pictures, stage by stage, that's the job. Keep the gud work up. Looking 4ward to the rest.

2 people like this

Quick update, I used the sealent on all the edges and corners.

sealent

corners after sealent

then I hung the gekko fan and carbon filter.

Gekko And carbon filter hung Up

I had a measure up to see if the refllectors would fit... They would but would only go as high as the bottom of the gekko box fan so I may have to reconsider how I am gonna set up my lighting.

Thats it for now...

FC
5 people like this

can u not put the fan up on top of the box , sorry if thats physically impossible, just an idea. great room that though mate

eta, if ur running 600 in the middle then wont the cmhs be lower on each side, what im saying is when the hps is at the roof surely the cmh's wont be? sorry i am baked

Edited by hashmaster3000

@@hashmaster3000 no don't appologise, they are valid points. The fan cant go on the roof as there is only a 10cm gap between the top of the box and the ceiling.

as for the hps, the ballast is a 600w ballast that can and will be dimmed down to 250W or maybe 400W maximum so should all be fine for temps.

FC

2 people like this

You got some skills mate.nicebuild

Looking at your first diagram, you have unnecessary ducting assuming that is how it will be in practice.

The inlet is up high and it should be down low. Even with an active inlet you don't need ducting, the air will find its own way to the fan.

For extraction you have the fan and filter tucked into the far corner of the cab with ducting running to the diagonally opposite corner. Much better to put the fan/filter in the corner where the ducting leaves the tent.

3 people like this

Good point about the ducting run @@lazi but if that's the only place where the intake can come in he's no option, tho that Gekko fan is a Beast.

1 person likes this

@@fatcalyx

This is how to do a grow room mate :yep:

Excellent work and glad the bike hanger is a goer for this project as it seems a perfect solution for the three light set up you are going with, comments above on the ventilation. are valid, keeping the duct runs down and having the opposite out to in is best for micro climate limitations...yeah great job this man and the way you've put the build together is very informative and clear, a possible pinning down the line perhaps, who knows :yep:

Smashing job FC :v:

1 person likes this

@@lazi my diagrams are not the best, they were more of a way of me getting something out of my head and onto the computer/paper for me to work from and to give my mate Peevy a idea of what I was hoping he could help me make. I hope the next set of pics help you to see the lay out. Oh and the in take hole has to come from the top as there is nowhere else I can pull in from.

@@Joint hogger the gekko fans are good but only move around half of the air they say they do... but if you know that when your getting one then its no big deal.

@@botanics cheers for the tip with the bike hanger, it is perfect, I have had to edit the original lighting lay out as you will see in the next lot of pics but it is still perfect! yeah there is no unnecessary ducting as that reduces efficiency of the fans.

Thank you everyone for your advice and input!

FC

2 people like this