Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joba

fishing for pike

53 posts in this topic

@@lasouris

:rofl: Cheers man; I'm already on Oxy, I neck 160mg every morning and night, slow release tablets. Topped off with 50 - 100mg Morphine as and when needed!

It keeps things within range of comfortable, sort of.

Oh, and about a henry or so of weed and added space dust every day.

1 person likes this

@@ELO thanks for the heads up man, I'll take a look at the Glasgow angling centre and see whats what.

Keep an eye out in your local papers classifieds for second hand gear to get you started.

you should be able to get the basic second hand tackle with £100 easy

Scour the up and coming car boots

Got a bundle of Fly rods here that I don't use any more. They're going onto gumtree or down the charity shop soon. Good rods, too. Fly fishing is now well beyond my ability, sadly. Bloody spinal disease has removed all my main hobbies one by fucking one, the bastard!

are you strictly fly only? i now tend to go to a local commercial fishery for the evening only, it costs me 3 quid and i normally have the place to myself, can park 10ft from the lake and i also use a trolley to carry my bits and bobs, bit of bread or a tin of corn can catch me a fish a chuck.

it's not my ideal, but it keeps me from veggitating in the house.

just a thought fella to keep you in the game.

hi I know a little late on the case have you tried freecycle and freegle , you can put wanted ads on in your local area , we give a lot of stuff away like that , saves it going to the dump , I use to refurb broken computers and then give them away on there to save them being dumped .

I have seen people offer stuff in my local area fishing gear wise

well hope you get what you need

Guys if you ever get a chance, come to northern ontario, canada. If you want pike you got it!! Opening season is next weekend!! We have a tremendous pike fishery. I expect to catch at least 24 pike myself on opening day, ranging from 4-15lbs and a shot at a giant in the 44"+ class(20lbs). We run mostly large rapala's, bomber's, live target, spinners, spinnerbaits and soft plastics to get 'em. Also expect to see a couple of big walleye(22"+ fish) on opening weekend. Come on out, and lets go get bloody! (woh, woh hold on buddy...first thing is first, trout opening season this weekend!)

Best part? Many canuck's see pike as garbage fish, so there is plenty around!

So some of my bests regarding pike:

Biggest Pike 22lbs

Most pike in a day - 80

Most blood lost due to pike fishing - too much

Most pike hooked at once - 3, a triple header with myself and 2 other guys in the boat

Edited by 912GreenSkell