Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Boojum

Game Of Thrones, Only Read If You Are Up To Date With Episodes

767 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 5/13/2019 at 0:46 PM, Joint hogger said:

finishes the last book

I've resigned myself to this never happening. Its why i caved and watched the show. I kind of wish i hadn't bothered to be honest. havent seen the last episode yet but i'm hearing bad things :(. Should have just read dance with dragons and left it there

feels like george has just wasted epic amounts of my time. 

I'd love the last books to happen but i probably won't bother if they do now, the show has created too much apathy :(

Edited by Cursed
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 5/14/2019 at 7:55 PM, catfish said:

become surprise panto villain.

I think this was always going to happen, the books hinted at it for long enough. the show just rushed it so it seems really sudden but this was end game for dany all along i think.

Edited by Cursed
3 people like this

54 minutes ago, Cursed said:

this was end game for dany all along i think.

As Varys said - "when a Targareon is born the gods flip a coin and the world holds its breath."

I think we all knew it was gonna come up heads for crazy....

As for the final episode

I'm a little disappointed that it all kinda turned out happily-ever-after tbh, kinda anticlimactic :(

I know GRRM is working on a prequel series but what I really want to see/read would be what Arya discovers on her journey to the West...  :magic:

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Jon said it doesnt feel right, im sure it isnt going to be all happy ever after imo, Dani will turn into the night queen hopefully then fuck bran flake up! Would have been good to see a couple more episodes, why is Bran looking for Drogon? worried he will comeback and seek revenge? can Dani be resurrected? why is Jon off north of the wall? they made it look like the First Order from Star Wars too

lol Jon is really the King, all Sanza wanted was to be queen all along, cow bag, Bran is the true villain in this story, maybe thats why NK wanted him dead, the NK was a good guy, seems funny why he never killed Jon when he had the chance as well.

They would all be dead if it wasn't for Dani, short memories! must be all be puffing on some GOT Landrace Sativas from Dorne :) but I suppose how else could it end in such a short time. Where was Sanzas uncle for about 3 seasons? he was in every episode in the first few seasons wasn't he.

Edited by nudger36

So it turns out dragons are quite intelligent. :thisbig:Show should have ended there.
Someone please tell me how the hell with Jon in jail, a bunch of people managed to form an ad hoc

government without Greyworm killing them all first?
Also, how did Jaime and Cersei get killed by a mound of rubble which fell upwards and they ended just under the top?
And shortest winter ever. Summer is coming.

Posted (edited)

Meh, should've been Gendry.

Why was Drogon hiding under all that snow? lol

Definitely seems like they have set up for an "Arya - Into the Unknown" spin off series. lol

Jon is heading north to find out what the fuck all that night king white walker business was all about lol

I was hoping Bran would sit on the throne at the end and say "Ok then, first order of business, BURN THEM ALL!!" lol

1 hour ago, nudger36 said:

all Sanza wanted was to be queen all along

This was fucking hilarious, everyone else "Aye!" and she's like "Nooo I want to be queenie of the north" lol

22 minutes ago, greensprout said:

Someone please tell me how the hell with Jon in jail, a bunch of people managed to form an ad hoc

government without Greyworm killing them all first?

They were already the government, the houses and lords pledged themselves to the queen, not their fault Jon killed her and they showed some (the greyjoys at least) were still loyal even after her death, which is why they were split on his fate. Grey worm didnt have the forces to fight the rest of the realm, and what would he be fighting for anyway?

eta: oh and the rubble looked like it fell from the ceiling to me, but there looked like a lot more of it than we saw in the aftermath.

Edited by iBMe
2 people like this

And why didn't Jon have the sense to tell everyone the partial truth- Drogon went rogue, melted the iron throne and carried Dany off?

No witnesses and no body. Jon becomes King... better story line.

2 people like this

Hes the King really no matter what they say. I thought Tyrion wanted Jon to be king, why try to convince people Bran flake was the best choice. Bran conned everyone and was a bit slimey when he said why would I travel this far when offered the crown, pecker head

2 people like this

Sooooo... Arya goes seafaring/exploring? Hello, left field

1 person likes this

so the leaks turned out true then...that was the biggest load of guff iv saw for a long time, the show was completely ruined, i know grrm has a similar ending planned but its not going to happen the same in the books were it takes dany an episode and a half to go from loving and caring to batshit crazy, the whole season was just far to rushed this time but i suppose they can't wait to butcher star wars now...

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Just now, craigfjyp said:

so the leaks turned out true then...that was the biggest load of guff iv saw for a long time, the show was completely ruined, i know grrm has a similar ending planned but its not going to happen the same in the books were it takes dany an episode and a half to go from loving and caring to batshit crazy, the whole season was just far to rushed this time but i suppose they can't wait to butcher star wars now...

You could say you'd see it coming if it was too drawn out though.

Id say the progression was in her entire story, after doing so much fucked up stuff most people would not be the same eventually and as the circumstances significantly changed, so did she. Although i'm not saying it wasn't rushed towards the final 2 series atleast but again if it was drawn out, this is being created by different writers and the characters already started to seem abit blunt and straight forward to cope with the fact, they don't have anything to draw from as such.

I think it's been pushed through quickly so that time itself can be used as a pressure to go into another series.

I quite liked the ending in all fairness, alot of it made sense and i was wondering how you'd end something so mental and great. I'd have thought it might have went the route of having no king, no queens and it was sort of pointing at the fact nobody can be king or queen without it being fucked up and becoming fucked up but it didn't. I guess the message was someone who doesn't want to be in power with no care for ruling and lots of knowledge is the best ruler.

Edited by FunkyJazzJesus
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

I did like how Drogon melted the throne but was strange how we got to that happening, not convinced it made sense but I suppose that throne was the root of all evil, been battled over for 8 years then a leader decided in 10 mins.

Edited by nudger36

:ranting:

If I ever meet David Benioff and D B Weiss I swear I will beat them to death with a copy of their own badly written script.

CUNTS.

Seriously not happy :sadwalk:

Understatement.

I'm fucking FURIOUS.

:ranting:

4 people like this

I think no matter how it ended there would still be people unhappy...if anything just for the sheer fact its over !

Farmer G 

3 people like this

I want the last 10 years or so that I had invested in a story that I thought would have a proper ending ending back, you motherfuckers.

2 people like this