Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arnold Layne

The PFNC Guide: When Should I Harvest My Pot

23 posts in this topic

All well and good if you are growing from clone but from seed we either have to rely on the trichs or how the buds look as i do. :yep:

3 people like this

@@Amnesia

I would have thought it was a useful way to determine the rough harvesting time even in a seed grow. Unless you never plan on growing the same strain more than then once. But of course, each grower had to find out what works best for them in their grow context.

The reason I posted this is that I keep reading people post about "amber" trichomes, which whilst being a good pointer, none the less can be very misleading. I think your point about the look of the bud is well made too, and often overlooked as a sign.

3 people like this

This makes so much sense Arnold. My plants are in week 9 and i have no amber trichomes, and I look everyday. The pistols have in the most part gone brown now and died off, still the trichomes are clear. They are as sticky, crystely, and the smell is strong, Ive taking a cutting now, will try this and see - seems like a good idea.

1 person likes this

I'm with you on this one Arnie, definitely try as you go along.

Spot on there as far as I'm concerned. I've never had a trichometer and don't intend to ever get one. I used to do something similar but with whole plants. I would do six cuts off of a new mum grow them out and cut them at different times.

Cheers tico.

1 person likes this

I have 4 sweet seeds gp on the go . 7 weeks in could do with another week but going away tomorrow.

In this case my plants are ready!!

In other cases they are ready when they look done if that makes sense.

Personal pref is the order of the day. I agree with Arnold although trichs and pistils can be an indicator it is almost done.

Morrocco here I come!!!!

Peace peeps.

Lil d.

2 people like this

Morocco? Always fancied going there. Let us know what it was like dude (inc. full smoke report(s)) :)

2 people like this

Good thread.. I'm going to do a plant every 5days

Spot on, my first bklue dream comes down next week at 9 weeks. If its not to my taste I've got 5 weeks left on the other 4, I'll give them another week and bring them down at 10

1 person likes this

@@Arnold Layne does this mean you don't pay attention the the pistils.

My dilemma is the trichs are cloudy but most of the pistils are still white.... Auto flowers day 56 from germination

a simple rule is when you think its ready leave it another week ..and 56 days is way too soon unless you want a racy heart and head @@GizmoChild id go by the pistils on an auto ..when theyre nearly all say 80% turned then thats about it ..if you want it a bit sooner then go for 50% turned pistils ..but your gonna lose a bit in yield the earlier you take it

2 people like this

@@Arnold Layne does this mean you don't pay attention the the pistils.

No, it doesn't.

I just don't let them rule me. I note them and then forget all about them. I grow mainly cuts that come from Mothers I know well. So I know when to harvest, and have no need to observe pistils or trichomes. This is one of the beauties and advantages of growing clones.

My dilemma is the trichs are cloudy but most of the pistils are still white.... Auto flowers day 56 from germination

Forget days, read then plant. Pack blurb is at best just a rough guide, and at worst plain advertising which is designed to get the cash out of your sticky hands.

As for growing Auto's, I have no thoughts. I neither like them, nor grow them. I want Cannabis Sativa. Cannabis Ruderalis can fuck right off out of my grow, and stay where it belongs, in Russian ditches. But if they float your boat, knock yourself out!

Edited by Arnold Layne
8 people like this

No, it doesn't.

I just don't let them rule me. I note them and then forget all about them. I grow mainly cuts that come from Mothers I know well. So I know when to harvest, and have no need to observe pistils or trichomes. This is one of the beauties and advantages of growing clones.

Forget days, read then plant. Pack blurb is at best just a rough guide, and at worst plain advertising which is designed to get the cash out of your sticky hands.

As for growing Auto's, I have no thoughts. I neither like them, nor grow them. I want Cannabis Sativa. Cannabis Ruderalis can fuck right off out of my grow, and stay where it belongs, in Russian ditches. But if they float your boat, knock yourself out!

Thanks for the response, I'll keep that in mind.

The reason why I went auto is because I thought it would be easier and quicker.

Next time I'll be going for photos. Same amount of electric but bigger yeild.

a simple rule is when you think its ready leave it another week ..and 56 days is way too soon unless you want a racy heart and head @@GizmoChild id go by the pistils on an auto ..when theyre nearly all say 80% turned then thats about it ..if you want it a bit sooner then go for 50% turned pistils ..but your gonna lose a bit in yield the earlier you take it

my pistols have died off, yet trichomes are clear. smokes good considering i quick dried. im 9 weeks into flower. leaves are green very few turning