Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ratdog

My allotment

1,022 posts in this topic

congrats ratdog, what a place to play! :guitar:

1 person likes this

Bad luck with the weeds, hope most of them are only annuals.A long narrow one too, mine's wider and I suspect there's less trampling involved with a narrow one. Good luck.

1 person likes this

:yahoo: Excellent stuff Ratdog. Here's hoping for a better growing season next year.

Nice pictorial record of a home built polytunnel here Ratdog: hteeteepee://www.freewebs.com/alanparkin/apps/photos/album?albumid=3853592

1 person likes this

niiiice, pleased for you :). Looks like good soil too.

1 person likes this

congrats ratdog, what a place to play! :guitar:

thanks dude :stoned:

Bad luck with the weeds, hope most of them are only annuals.A long narrow one too, mine's wider and I suspect there's less trampling involved with a narrow one. Good luck.

Weeds? this is nothing mate lol our last plot here was covered in thick brambles, i`ve dug over a fair bit today already, i must admit i prefer this shape though. i`m going to section it off with water/shed at the back, polytunnel in the middle and outdoor veg at the front, with a 10ft wide p/t i still have 5ft to move around it easily enough

:yahoo: Excellent stuff Ratdog. Here's hoping for a better growing season next year.

Nice pictorial record of a home built polytunnel here Ratdog: hteeteepee://www.freewebs.com/alanparkin/apps/photos/album?albumid=3853592

Thanks mate :) i`l have a crack at that i reckon, it will be no more difficult than putting up a pre fab one imo :stoned:

Nice one, ratdog. Looks nice. I've been on a council list where i am, for years, still waiting.

Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labour next year.

Edited by El Roacho
1 person likes this

niiiice, pleased for you :). Looks like good soil too.

Thanks mate, it`s really nice soil, but i`m going to get a load of horse shit to dig in in spring :guitar:

As a fellow allotmenteer dude i say congrads. Now the work really starts keeping the place weed free (as in nasty weeds not our belovered herb). how much a yr are you paying in rent. my place (council) just increased there rents by a whooping 350% this yr, cheekey feckers. people are up in arms about it.

LOOK FORWARD TO READING ABOUT YOUR ESCAPADES DOWN THERE DUDE.....dam caps :headpain:

1 person likes this

Hello Topo, thanks, mine is council too, it`s cheap as though, i had to pay a deposit of £12 and yearly rent is £12 too :)

i`m thinking about getting a rotavator tbh, depends how much they cost though..

1 person likes this

that's cheep dude. mines now £90 a yr. for what seems the same size as yours from the pic.

a rotavator is good to have, but you will still need to turn the ground first with a fork. it you do get a rotavator size doesn't always mean better. i made that mistake and bought one way too big for the plot...a nice compact 2-5hp will do the job nicely and should cost second hand around £50-£90.

1 person likes this

£90 :eek: bloody hell mate i can see why everyone is pissed, my patch is 120m2 so great value, are you in a city then?

thanks for the rotavator advice, i think second hand is definitely the way to go, new is about £500 for a 5hp, gonna have a look on the bay i think

Good luck ratdog, I am genuinely chuffed to bits for you that you are almost booze free. Up n' at 'em dude.

1 person likes this

Nice one, ratdog. Looks nice. I've been on a council list where i am, for years, still waiting.

Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labour next year.

Thanks El Roacho, i forgot i was on this list, i applied for 3 different places about 3 years ago, managed to get one else where, then i had a letter last week asking if i wanted this one :) perfect timing for me tbh

Good luck ratdog, I am genuinely chuffed to bits for you that you are almost booze free. Up n' at 'em dude.

Thanks Lake :) i`ve only had a drink/been drunkish 3 times in the last 8 weeks, and tbh i feel i don`t want the hangover any more, it makes me dwell on the negative shit too much, i have way more strength mentally when i`m sober...who`d of guessed it eh? lol:)

Edited by ratdog
6 people like this

Well done mate, on a number of fronts..booze and the growing stuff. I know you enjoy it, sadly I aint got the space anymore, just a word to the wise, have a look at what perennial weeds you have before using a rotivator cause you might end up spreading them all over the patch, and get some thick black plastic to cover the ground over the winter to stifle any growth and warm the soil in the spring..good luck mate..

1 person likes this