Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
teoborg

Soil and coco

I'm growing outside in containers on soil. I've heard the benefits on growing in coco, is that possible to do that in containers outside? Or is it more wise to mix some coco fibres with normal soil mixture? Any thoughts?

No I wouldn't try coco outside.

I don't see why not, but you would have to water a lot and more.

As for mixing coco with compost I would say NO!

Its either coco or compost, one or the other :yep:

Atb,

Wizard_Ovanoz........:magic:

Some composts need lightening up so coco is good for this I'd chuck a bit of sand in there aswell just be sure to mix it all in well together. Your mix won't be as strong as it was so your feeding may change so just keep an eye in it but I expect you to see an improvement in your plants just as I did.

I was asked in my local shop what I grew in as I'd asked for a decent organic grow, I told him I mix coco with compost and he said I should never do that! I thought well I been doing it ages and with better results than using either straight, got pissed off with him and the shop as they don't know what the fuck they're talking about! Payed over the odds for my nutrient and told myself I'd never go in there again! But I have!

1 person likes this

I mix coco with compost for my chillis. Makes it looser and faster draining. It certainly isn't a necessity, but it's an alternative to using things like perlite.

head over to the Guerilla section bro.. many guys use coco outdoors with no probs at all & you can mix it with many things

:skin_up:

e2a:: any particular reason you wouldnt use coco outdoors SexiSarh ? just trying to get you of your 666th post :yinyang:

Edited by HappySADhu

As for mixing coco with compost I would say NO!

Its either coco or compost, one or the other :yep:

It's funny how many things you would say NO! to, without having the slightest clue whether there's anything wrong with the idea.

To the op, coco is fine to mix with compost. In fact some already have it in. It makes watering easier and adds air to the mix. I use it mixed into the top layer of compost because the compost alone repels water at first and is a pain in the arse to handwater when you're used to coco.

also thought coco fibre had the friendly fungi, bacteria. im not 100% on that mind but if true surely good thing to add to an organic soil mix.

I use vermicompost with my coco mix, I swear by it.

I would like to suggest you can use coco and soil mix together. This is good for your pants…

I was recommended by the guy in grow shop to mix 70% PM soil supreme with 30% PM coco coir, but I'm adjusting it a little to make my own mix;

60% PM soil supreme

20% PM coco coir

20% Plagron worm humus.