Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Salty

Any Salmon fishers out there

Is there any dedicated salmon anglers out there? I would like to hear if anyone else had the worst season ever? And pd666,did you ever go to sea? I started on the ulysses,was on the starlight rays,ulyssesII resplendant to name a few. Anyway,had one liced salmon,lost two,one a biggie and two nice sea trout. :soap: I usually have around 20 fish in a normal half decent season.I fish the earn in perthshire,£100 a year and there is some fuckin big fish.

Paradox devil at sea? lol

He has trouble staying on his feet on dry land mate!

He did go on a canal boat in Amsterdam tho! hahahahahah

If you ever pop back in pd gimme a shout ya loon.

Penny.

im also a keen fishermen !!! from glasgow origonally but now livin in the southwest england but head north a the border few times a year for the fishin and also southern ireland , heading to scotland 23rd for a few days mite wet a line then. also fly fish fir pike in the lochs , great sport when the trout and salmon aint tugging your arm!! anyway tight lines !! ;lol and happy growin to ya also old salty!! peace :smokin:

yes i,m keen on salmon and sea trout fishing also brown trout but salmon and sea trout are 1st. I banked two bars o silver from a beat on the earn last year lol, as in season before last. However i,ve had a good season this year imo 7 salmon and countless sea trout. Normaly i fish all over scotland but this year i,ve mosly fished the nith at dumfries. Has there been fish where you,ve been going or are they pre booked days ? we booked a week on the spey last year at grantown and had a disy for the week,still good time just uneventfull. Are you fishing single or double hander ? CR

Edited by cantregister

cantregister,aye,theres plenty fishin up here. I fish Crieff angling club water for £100 a season or if you stay outside the locality you can get a country membership for £140. We got 5 or 6 mile of good water between Lochlane and Laggan and Kinkell fishings.We had a funny season, plenty runnin fish but not a lot of takers.Lost two,one a biggie(15lb+) and nailed one 10lb licer and had two spanking sea trout and thats my worst season ever! Usually well into double figures most seasons.I fish all methods although Im not too keen on spinning so if I cant fish the fly I would rather fish a worm,and I use both single and double handers.Had a day on the Tay last season. The wife paid £200 for me to go harling at Royal Dunkeld House,seen plenty fish but same story,plenty running but no takers.Funny old season.

Havent fished for salmon nor sea-trout in years,but I did get salmon up to 28lb,had brown trout,rainbow,even fished for trout in Kashmir and the Hindu-kush,tight lines.

hey Bad penny,plenty good salmon fishin up here so if you or anyone else want to come fishin with myself and the boys give me a private message and we will go smoke some weed and nail a few fish!!

yeah i love catching them now up the brook`s with a gaff.

dont need a gaff mate,I know places ye can lift them out but thats cheatin :pitchfork: