Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

namkha

Mango Thai

98 posts in this topic

Hi :)

This my Mango Thai on my balcony at 44°N

It is the only seed that popped in a 5 pack.

I'm not really sure but i think it's a female, i will know in 1 or 2 weeks.

I placed it in 13 liter of lightmix.

It's a beauty, i really love this shape. It smell like fruit. The grow is savage, i had to top it and i think i will do that many times.

hi Numide ---

lovely looking plant --- please e-mail me at realseedco@gmail.com about those germination rates

Going back to the Thais using the word Bong, there is also some mythology around the bong.

It goes something like this, please correct me if I get it wrong.

In Thai Mythology an evil multi headed monster descends to earth and goes on a rampage killing all in his path. Supposedly one man defeats this monster his name being Mahout Gin Fai (the Trainer who eats fire). He gets his name as people thinks he eats fire, Gin Fai, but actually he is smoking a bong and is so stoned he can see all the heads moving and manages to kill the evil monster.

We used to say it when people local Thais caught us smoking bongs and complained, we would ask them "Jam Dai Mahout Gin Fai mai krup?", meaning do you remember Mahout Gin Fai to which most would laugh.

Marijuana kills deadly multi headed monsters not humans.

:)

many thanks for this Ital B - I never head this anecdote before, but it reminds me of some of the Sikh myths about going into battle after taking cannabis - e.g. defeating crazed elephants etc.

if you know of any others I would love to hear about them

I am guessing you already know this - if not, brace yourself

Hi. Will the Mango Thai be available again by next year? Thanks.

hi Injury, thanks for dropping in --- to be honest, at this rate, if I find any more Mango Thai seeds I am going to have to use them to replace earlier purchases, sorry

Edited by namkha

Beautiful Thai brother Numide! ;)

A friend of mine is helping me out to reproduce them, we are going to try to do a seed run both with the Mango Thai and Red Thai I purchased the past year with some Keralan. Unfortunately, we are having also some issues with them. Mango Thai slightly better though but for Red Thai, no seeds were sprouting at all and some "surgery" was needed with them... after taking out the embryo out of the seedcase, they were placed carefully at the sil so we are hoping the seedling will come out and survive. Same happened with some Kerala seeds but they look better now. Next time I'm going to try other options as sandpaper around the seed pot or warmer temperature, Gibberellic Acid and different solutions maybe could help the seeds out. Keeping the medium warm and moist is critical due to the fungus or Fusarium virus, so it gets tricky with this kind of tropical seeds!

One of the Mango Thai survivors, looking great at my mate's home:

IMG_4028.jpg

The Red Thai, struggling to come out the soil but doesn't look very nice to be honest, let's hope for the best:

IMG_4042.jpg

Let's hope for a male and female from each strain at least, so we can do a seed run to preserve such rare strains! ;)

Edited by GlennOrch
1 person likes this

Sounds like the issue is really thick hard seed-shells - probably best to sand or scarify the seed-shells before soaking/sowing to expediate the penetration of water and the softening of the shell so it can be shed more easily.

Hi all :)

Good luck to your friend GlennOrch

Good news, she's a female!!!! :yahoo:

Tomorow i will top it because she's now near of the visible limit of my balcony.

gallery_44462_6760_16506.jpg

gallery_44462_6760_111284.jpg

6 people like this

Looks nice, numide. :)

Very pityful that this strain isn't available anymore ... *sigh*

1 person likes this

I would bend it over first and let her grow sideways as long as possible and then top her only when no other grow direction to take. Looks great so far!

Edited by Ganjasattva
1 person likes this

Hey numide ! cool looking plant you've got there.... definitly keep up the posting of it's progress !

1 person likes this

Hi :)

She's now in 20L of light mix, not feeded yet

gallery_44462_6760_39191.jpg

gallery_44462_6760_44989.jpg

gallery_44462_6760_66518.jpg

gallery_44462_6760_47738.jpg

9 people like this

Hi all :)

MT start to flowering now, ihope weather will be good this autumn

gallery_44462_6760_86214.jpg

gallery_44462_6760_367.jpg

gallery_44462_6760_10250.jpg

@GlennOrch: Did your friend have success with his Mango Thai? Please post pics if you can ;)

Edited by numide
5 people like this

Hi all

Slowly but surely pistils appear :)

gallery_44462_6760_60552.jpg

gallery_44462_6760_118897.jpg

gallery_44462_6760_17619.jpg

gallery_44462_6760_11098.jpg

8 people like this

Looks and sounds like a yummy smoke :oldtoker:

1 person likes this

Super beautiful Numide... they look really nice although quite slow to flower as well! Unfortunately I don't have news from the friend who was growing my Mango Thai seeds so far. Let's see how it went.

Peace.

1 person likes this

Nice plant dude :yep:

1 person likes this

Awsume! let the flowering show begin!!

1 person likes this

Thanks all ;)

gallery_44462_6760_87280.jpg

gallery_44462_6760_74362.jpg

gallery_44462_6760_47535.jpg

gallery_44462_6760_83331.jpg

4 people like this