Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mark..uk

1 X Rvk125mm For Intake

hi all

due to fund's i only have 1 rvk 125mm for intake can't afford another for extraction. i just want to know will my shiva plants

that are 3 weeks 12/12 be ok if i'm drawing in the cold crisp air being blown directly on them, as you can see on the pic i only

have a small vent that i have cut out on the bottom of my wardrobe door (can't be cutting more out, council flat, built in drobe).

i thought of just taking the air out of my bedroom, but that's smokey warmish stale air what i thought won't be much cop.

what d'ya reckon??? thanks, mark :wink:

post-12819-1193145214_thumb.jpg

Edited by mark..uk

Use the local air from your bedroom rather than taking it directly from outside,especially in winter as come lights off your temp will plummet unless you have heating to counter this.

You will end up with mould on your plants for sure otherwise.

i can't run the rvk at night or the oscilating fan inside cus of the bleedin missus whingin of the noise,

but cheers anyway dr rockster, means i can get rid of the ducting, hardly stealth eh! :rolleyes:

Hi mate,

Extraction is slightly more important than bringing fresh air in. You want to remove the heat and during the winter you will get away with a passive inlet (air is drawn in for natural suction).

I would suggest that you turn the fan around and your temps would be better and your plants owuld like you for it.

Hi mate,

Extraction is slightly more important than bringing fresh air in. You want to remove the heat and during the winter you will get away with a passive inlet (air is drawn in for natural suction).

I would suggest that you turn the fan around and your temps would be better and your plants owuld like you for it.

I have to agree, i would use your 125 for extraction :rolleyes:

Use the local air from your bedroom rather than taking it directly from outside,especially in winter as come lights off your temp will plummet unless you have heating to counter this.

You will end up with mould on your plants for sure otherwise.

Or he can turn the fans down at lites off with a simple controller, or even have them come on for 5 mins every hr..... Depending on how much lite/heat you have in there i'de defo be taking my air in from the outside, if need be aim the inlet straight at your lite.

Oh and if your gonna use passive intake it needs to be a damn site bigger than wot you have, i'de say it needs to be about 1ft sq, keep it like that and your gonna have probs dude...

Edited by detsub

Hi mate,

When you extract this brings fresh air in from elsewhere anyway dude altho saying this a while back my filter wasnt working so it was stinking out my garden :guitar: so i stoped extracting for about 6 weeks (pure lazyness in replacing the filter) and i was just using an intake that was a 150 rvk and i had my best yeild to date :D go figure !

As to your question i cant see anyprobs at all apart from a heat issue lights off and thats already been cleared up

D

Edited by Dayhu

cheers dayhu, think your right mate. must admit i aint had as much speedy growth before as i have with

this grow, and the only thing thats different with this grow is that i aint got the carbon filter set-up, hence

the reason for turning the rvk round. yes they do smell, just not half as much as my 2 previous grows (N/L's)

was hoping for bigger yields b4 so thought i'd try that. :rofl:

and i dont run the rvk or the osci fan at night as the missus moans. so temps are 71ish off and 78ish on...mark :shock:

Sorry, I don't mean to have a pop but that is just bad advice based on a falsehood. Extraction and intake are both absolutely equally essential. A plant requires fresh air as much as it does light and water. To think otherwise is to court disaster.

Passive inlets rarely work unless they are massive and you have a huge extractor fan. Fact is, passives that massive are always going to be a possible light leak. The best way is to have direct injection as your intake. Personally I would reject the idea of a "controller" on your fan(s). Let that air flow!! And plants require good fresh air 24/7, not 12/7 :yep: